You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Macheavelli

Games to unbalanced to take seriously.

28 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
7,776 battles

Came back after 3 years to see if it was fixed. Played a month. Games worse. The problem is extremely simple: WGing has gotten themselves into a cycle of the next new thing has to be better than the last thing.  I will not be back. 

PS and subs.  Worse thing ever to be implemented. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3

Members
1,422 posts
17,998 battles
15 minutes ago, Macheavelli said:

Came back after 3 years to see if it was fixed. Played a month. Games worse. The problem is extremely simple: WGing has gotten themselves into a cycle of the next new thing has to be better than the last thing.  I will not be back. 

Since you have just come back after 3 years, you can ignore those 3-years-worth of things you missed that are now worse than the latest thing.  How much easier it is for you to just jump into the best thing going, without the baggage those of us who have been here all along are carrying!

• Funny 2

Members
6 posts
7,776 battles
4 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Since you have just come back after 3 years, you can ignore those 3-years-worth of things you missed that are now worse than the latest thing.  How much easier it is for you to just jump into the best thing going, without the baggage those of us who have been here all along are carrying!

Im in T10s bud.  

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
1 hour ago, Macheavelli said:

Problem seems to be that you come back after 3 years and expect to be caught up on the rock paper scissors changes that have been implemented over that time in a month. 

Unfortunately WG can't balance an inability to play well. 

Edit: Remember that your stats are public for all too see. I'm not shaming your stats, but I'm pointing out that everyone can see how truthful your comments are. 

Edited by HyperFish
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles
4 hours ago, Macheavelli said:

Im in T10s bud.  

I'm in tier 11's bud....

And I'm sure your just wishing for the easy old days of OWSF.....

Learn to adapt and overcome...

• Meh 1

[NMKJT]
Members
4,286 posts
9,133 battles
3 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Problem seems to be that you come back after 3 years and expect to be caught up on the rock paper scissors changes that have been implemented over that time in a month. 

Edit: Remember that your stats are public for all too see. I'm not shaming your stats, but I'm pointing out that everyone can see how truthful your comments are. 

You and him are roughly equal, so I don't think there is any special inability to be mentioning. Not shaming your stats, just pointing out that you're both about average.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
1 hour ago, MnemonScarlet said:

You and him are roughly equal, so I don't think there is any special inability to be mentioning. Not shaming your stats, just pointing out that you're both about average.

It's not about stats, but I love how you're trying to infer it is.

It's about returning to the game after a 3 year absence. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles

Hm. I wonder what amazing insights we'll get in this post.

*reads OP*

7nPIzZg.jpeg

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
9 hours ago, HyperFish said:

“Hey everyone look at this guys stats! I’m not stat shaming tho.”

Says a guy that knows PMs exist. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
12 hours ago, Macheavelli said:

Im in T10s bud.  

Oh right, because playing a T10 was the magical fix to everything. Let your OP ship carry you to victory... They made T11 just for you bud. Try them, maybe that's what you are looking for.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,286 posts
9,133 battles
7 hours ago, HyperFish said:

It's not about stats, but I love how you're trying to infer it is.

It's about returning to the game after a 3 year absence. 

Then you don't bring his stats up, pretty simple logic there. His stats have little to do with being out of the meta for 3 years, which he already stated.

• Thanks 2

Members
6,889 posts
14,875 battles
15 hours ago, Macheavelli said:

not sure  what PS is but the latter is not correct at all.

[SOUS]
Members
769 posts
6,648 battles
11 hours ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

I'm in tier 11's bud....

And I'm sure your just wishing for the easy old days of OWSF.....

Learn to adapt and overcome...

How about we stop using the "Learn to adapt and overcome" cliche, when these things wrong with the game should be fixed, saying that cliche is a cop out.

Edited by Itsj_p
  • Thanks 1

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles
58 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

How about we stop using the "Learn to adapt and overcome" cliche, when these things wrong with the game should be fixed, saying that cliche is a cop out.

if I can get the cop-out to work, that would legitimately be the cliched "skill issue." Not to mention there's a very short list of things wrong with the game, and a very long lists of things people don't like in the game. And whining players like to think they can get away with blending the 2 lists.

9 hours ago, Lert said:

*reads OP*

7nPIzZg.jpeg

My reaction exactly.

3 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Then you don't bring his stats up, pretty simple logic there. His stats have little to do with being out of the meta for 3 years, which he already stated.

100% agree. There are many ways to tell if someone is wrong, but stats don't have a bearing here. If he was away for 3 months, you're looking at his stats from 3 months ago.

[SOUS]
Members
769 posts
6,648 battles

If someone is fighting a sub and being pinged to death and the sub is out of the range of the depth charge plane, that's a not a skill issue, that's one example, if the tools WG gave us to fight subs and whatever else were balanced, things would be better.

Edited by Itsj_p

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,220 battles
10 hours ago, Lert said:

*reads OP*

Here's some juicy stuff

16 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Um, yeah. And:

2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Me neither, and there have been some awful stuff dropped in this game.

13 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

If you want to get into stat shaming, mine aren't hidden!! Yet, i still have something to say, and by golly, WG likes me!!!  Enjoy...

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
25 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

If someone is fighting a sub and being pinged to death and the sub is out of the range of the depth charge plane, that's a not a skill issue, that's one example, if the tools WG gave us to fight subs and whatever else were balanced, things would be better.

Just some food for thought.
1.  If a submarine is pinging a ship, the ping itself does zero damage.  
2.  The ping provides valuable clues about the submarine's location, especially repeated pings.
3.  If one is sailing a BB with 8 km air-strike depth charges and fighting the aforementioned submarine, and out of range of using depth charges, then odds are that maneuver will suffice to "just dodge".
4.  If the submarine is pinging a surface ship, then the submarine is likely using team-spotting or is on the surface or at periscope depth. 
     So, main-gun ordnance is likely to be effective and the submarine is likely to be in range.

But, that's just my perspective, eh?  :-)

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
14 hours ago, Dudefella said:

“Hey everyone look at this guys stats! I’m not stat shaming tho.”

Says a guy that knows PMs exist. 

I'm not responding to the person, but also to the general public who are active and inactive in this thread. It's a public service announcement. You're welcome.

Some recent examples along the lines of:

"Subs are so easy and OP I played one for the first time and scored 120k damage and a kraken!" Only their stats say they've played subs 12 times and max damage is 30k.
"I stopped playing the game a year ago in protest!" Only their stats have 35 matches last month and multiple new tech tree ships during the time they "stopped playing".

Pointing out the "inconsistency" in their tall tale isn't shaming their stats. I'm not criticising their win rate, or their average damage or their survivability or anything like that. @MnemonScarlet correctly pointed out that my stats aren't much to brag about. All I can do is humbly point out to the player that the accuracy of what they are saying is easily verified, and to educate others who may be tempted to make up the same stories to suit their purposes. Both MnemonScarlet and you have missed the point, despite me clarifying what it was. 

I can't outright call anyone on this forum a liar apart from one person, and only then because the WG employee in question came out and called them a liar, and he knows we know he's a liar so there's nothing more to say about that. But I can encourage others to make their own opinions about whether to believe what they're reading. 

It's also why I ask for replays.

I hope this has cleared it up for you. 

Edited by HyperFish
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles
On 11/11/2022 at 9:23 PM, HyperFish said:

This is true but WG did broaden game imbalance with the CV rework, and the addition of subs, and superships.

The wider the balance gap the fewer players with the ability or maybe with the time necessary to learn to overcome this obstacle.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles
12 hours ago, Itsj_p said:

Op planes vs nerfed AA.

Subs too dam strong vs ineffective DCP.

Learn how to work in this environment,  or stop playing.

Period.

7 years of complaints have yet to really make any changes to make surface ships happier.

• Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,539 battles
20 hours ago, CylonRed said:

PS: short for Postscript. (Latin: “after writing.”) Comes from the days when people wrote these things called letters, on stuff called paper, and writing took time & effort and a thing called thought.

If the writer remembered something important after having finished the letter, they would add a postscript at the bottom prefaced by “P.S.” A second such addition would be prefaced by “P.S.S.”, etc.

Done that way because there used to be a time when writing was done by hand, and re-writing a letter took considerable effort and time.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[QADD]
[QADD]
Beta Testers
711 posts
15,042 battles
18 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Just some food for thought.
1.  If a submarine is pinging a ship, the ping itself does zero damage.  
2.  The ping provides valuable clues about the submarine's location, especially repeated pings.
3.  If one is sailing a BB with 8 km air-strike depth charges and fighting the aforementioned submarine, and out of range of using depth charges, then odds are that maneuver will suffice to "just dodge".
4.  If the submarine is pinging a surface ship, then the submarine is likely using team-spotting or is on the surface or at periscope depth. 
     So, main-gun ordnance is likely to be effective and the submarine is likely to be in range.

But, that's just my perspective, eh?  :-)

You summed things up pretty good.  All the sub haters could do well to take this under consideration. Oh wait. I forgot it’s easier to just run to the forums and complain rather than change your gameplay. 

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

You summed things up pretty good.  All the sub haters could do well to take this under consideration. Oh wait. I forgot it’s easier to just run to the forums and complain rather than change your gameplay. 

:Smile_veryhappy:1934950293_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.13413aa2a5ca5ba29ab11ef55ed5f738.jpg