Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

IJN Gokase

4 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles

Should I go with a generic CL build or is there anything in commander skills or upgrades/modules that are a "must have"?

I'm a coop/ops main.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles

For a strictly ops/co-op build, I'd say pretty normal pve light cruiser build. If you're planning on keeping the captain at lower tiers (t5-7), they definitely want GtG though. Not as necessary once you get to t8, but depending on what else you take, you might only have a single point left with nothing better than GtG to grab.

Definitely get AR, SE, and TGG. For ops you might want CE but obviously not needed for co-op. IFHE maybe, although it's up to you for ops/co-op. Definitely torp skills for co-op, and possibly Heavy HE for either.  If you have them, obviously use the Suzuki captains for the improved SE.

If I were to do a co-op only build, I think I'd probably lean toward something like this

133130004_GokaseBuild1.PNG.3f68331a9b212273ebf92a0bf45e9779.PNG

Increasing your torp reload and damage since torps are always king in co-op right now (but the 1 point skill isn't worth it for co-op in the slightest). TGG to speed your terrible gun DPM up just a tiny bit, and GtG so you can actually keep your guns on target when you don't sail in a straight line. If you don't want IFHE, grab either DE or Heavy HE (I'd lean toward the latter) and your choice of another one pointer.

Actually, now that I think about it, LS probably isn't that important for co-op. In that case, if you want to drop IFHE grab both HHE and DE. If you want IFHE, then LS is probably your "best" option of the 1-pointers. IFA's useless in co-op, EL won't give you much benefit, and ConS and Swift Fish won't either...

[GUNBT]
Members
14 posts
3,809 battles

Nice information! Thanks. I'm starting to see the Gokase in Randoms as well, though I do not know the ship well enough to try that (plus I have not yet added upgrades, which would disadvantage the whole team!) I would not yet try Ops, much for the same reason plus, at least in random operation, some of the scenarios/missions would not seem compatible with this ships strengths.

So speaking of upgrades, any opinions? 

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles

My current Gokase ship & Captain's Skills set-up.

image_2022-11-12_143558399.thumb.png.f17fc1985b94e65dc5e6044d6a216ca7.png

Sign in to follow this