Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
acidfreedom

Who here is hyped for the Pan American light criusers

27 comments in this topic

[CT6]
Members
44 posts
5,613 battles

I'm excited to see how they will play and what the premium ships and resource ships they will add in the future. Ever since they added the Atlantico I've been playing the game alot and to see a whole tree dedicated for people like me feels really good!

Tell me what your looking forward too for the new line! :D

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[CAZA]
Members
466 posts
17,639 battles

I really want to play with La Argentina.

I think its natural tier is VI, so I'm waiting to see if it will be very nerfed or if it will have a high performance at tier V.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,105 posts
17,255 battles

Considering WG hasn’t released any detailed information on how the ships will play, we only have two things to form our opinions on: 1) the… interesting… ship choices, and 2) the fact that they will have a combat instruction (i.e. tier XI gimmick).

Based on just those two factors, I don’t really see much to look forward to at all.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[-HUGS]
Members
978 posts
13,215 battles

I am actually quite interested to see what gimmick they will use for the funny button.
Considering we are talking about light ships with 152mm guns... The gimmick I'd kill for on most light cruisers is a temporary range + shell velocity boost to hit stuff at range and score the kills.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles

There's no stats given out yet, so I'll withhold on any early opinions.  That said, it's a Gun Cruiser Line, which is what more Cruiser players want considering how rejected the last 2 Cruisers lines were as Torpedo Cruisers.

Members
1,336 posts
8,618 battles
7 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Considering WG hasn’t released any detailed information on how the ships will play, we only have two things to form our opinions on: 1) the… interesting… ship choices, and 2) the fact that they will have a combat instruction (i.e. tier XI gimmick).

Based on just those two factors, I don’t really see much to look forward to at all.

that "combat instruction" is what scares me, WG has the bad habit of overnerfing ships with things like reload booster so an entire line with combat instructions is likely to be only good when said skill is active and mediocre to bad the rest of the time.

Edited by pepe_trueno

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
1 hour ago, pepe_trueno said:

that "combat instruction" is what scares me, WG has the bad habit of overnerfing ships with things like reload booster so an entire line with combat instructions is likely to be only good when said skill is active and mediocre to bad the rest of the time.

This is what I expect.

I'm worried this will just be a meme line.

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles

If the "magic button" follows the line of Alvaro de Bazan, I'll be OK with it. 

CLs with heals are a big plus. The ship line up is interesting for me, La Argentina and Bolognesi are highlights at mid tiers. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,334 posts
23,700 battles

Hmm glad to see them but probably not hyped. I will get and play all of them but I suspect they will mostly be parked after that. Will see. 

I am not drawn to Light Cruisers in general. I love to shoot them lol. 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

If the "magic button" follows the line of Alvaro de Bazan, I'll be OK with it. 

CLs with heals are a big plus. The ship line up is interesting for me, La Argentina and Bolognesi are highlights at mid tiers. 

Heals plus magic button.

With WG balancing, the remaining characteristics may be on the sucky side of the equation.

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles
19 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Heals plus magic button.

With WG balancing, the remaining characteristics may be on the sucky side of the equation.

A CL without smoke in today's meta will always be on the sucky side of the equation, no matter what. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles
11 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Heals plus magic button.

Yes.  Benefits to lines will have something to them that reigns them in.

Royal Navy Heavy Cruisers are a great example.  Strong HE shells, Repair Party a standard feature on the very first ship at Tier V and all the way through Tier X.  Some of them even have special Repair Party.  Fantastic fire starters.  The Tier IX-X have 234mm guns with totally awesome 59mm HE Pen and still high Fire Chances.

"Sounds great, what's the catch?"

Their gun ranges tend to be mediocre especially at Mid Tiers.  Tier VII at 14.8km, Tier VI at 14km.  Facing Tier VIII & IX opponents, that range is totally unacceptable.  I remember when the line was new, there was debate by Goliath players on increasing gun range or improving reload with Slot 6.  Goliath desperately needed both, but you can only take one to improve upon.

They have large, exposed Citadels and are totally unforgiving with mistakes or great play from other players.  Some of them even have massive Step Ladder Citadels with convenient Shot Traps that are meant to more easily catch AP shells and get rekt.

shot-20-12-17-10-02-27-0396.jpgurAZfmy.jpg&key=9e234bbc51660d899f772cf3

That's just the way ship lines are.  They're good at something but give up on others.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

A CL without smoke in today's meta will always be on the sucky side of the equation, no matter what. 

Yeah, but I mean WG's definition of sucky.  AND they get torps.

Gun angles, gun rotation, concealment, reload.  Some of these are likely to be really bad.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, but I mean WG's definition of sucky.  AND they get torps.

Gun angles, gun rotation, concealment, reload.  Some of these are likely to be really bad.

Yeah I fear the same. My only hope is since they are 0-2 with their 2 last CL releases, at least they make the Pan Am line actually effective instead of just more BB fodder. 

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,229 posts
7,196 battles
On 11/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

In the t5 they are quite good (as far as the historical data we had). T8-9-10 are worcesters guns.  T-9 is a Fiji minus one turret. So t6 is the only big intrigue in gun performance.

On the other hand t5 "La Argentina" would probably have a big nerf of their guns. The historical data state 6 seconds reload. 10 rounds per minute. I think that is too fast for tier 5. Imagine what a wreck that guns would do in the 11.000 hitpoints destroyers that populate the tier. 

20200812_145355.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
6 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

Imagine what a wreck that guns would do in the 11.000 hitpoints destroyers that populate the tier. 

Image result for Grinch gif

• Haha 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,229 posts
7,196 battles
23 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Image result for Grinch gif

Hahahahhaahahaha 

I suppose, as always, everything depends on the side of the gun we are looking on :Smile_trollface:

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,942 battles

WGNA needs a population buff, so expect them to be gudboats. 

Members
3,366 posts
3,065 battles
  • I saw the Tier 1 and thought: Oh well this is going to be a :etc_swear: line. A River frigate? They couldn't have put one of this Mexican gunboats? Guanajuato would be a much better fit.
  • The 3 autocannon heavy cruisers at the end...uh ok? They don't look like something I'd see from South of the Border. I think they'll be interesting to play but I won't acknowledge their nationalities.

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,872 battles

From what WG said, they feature good ballistics (probably taking Vallejo’s shells and implementing them across the whole line) repair party, and a Combat Instruction (like the Funny button on Hannover, Satsuma, and upcoming Ushakov.) I almost have this feeling that they will pay for the funny button, and the heals are almost required because just about every cruiser in the line will likely explode if looked at funny.

Sign in to follow this