Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Abraham_Knox

REPORTING-

Should your opponent be able to report you for "Plays Poorly"?   

22 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Should your opponent be able to report you for "Plays Poorly"?

    • Yes
      16
    • No
      6
  2. 2. Should your opponent be able to report you for "Worthy Adversary"?

    • Yes
      20
    • No
      2

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2022 at 02:15 AM

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9,132
[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles

"Worthy Adversary" is a compliment, not a "report"
Are you suggesting that people are reporting someone because they were given a Worthy Adversary compliment, @Abraham_Knox ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,013
[SUB4]
Members
1,712 posts
13,114 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"Worthy Adversary" is a compliment, not a "report"
Are you suggesting that people are reporting someone because they were given a Worthy Adversary compliment, @Abraham_Knox ?.

I think what the poll is getting at is exactly that.

One is a compliment while the other is a vague insult based in a subjective opinion.

The thing is, who says the reporter knows what the heck he's talking about?

A compliment is also based in a subjective opinion but much less subjective than an insult. Most people understand that and take the compliment with grace.

Plays poorly can mean a multitude of things to most, but is it really poor play? Perhaps the reporter just got butthurt and wants to take it out on someone?

I propose there have to be at least 3 players report the player before any action is taken per match.

If they really do play poorly you'd think most players would notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,714
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I mostly complement people with a good job ("gj") or a well played ("wp") in battle. If things have calmed down or if I'm sunk and thus have the time, then I'll expand the message (e.g., "Nice torps, Gearing!"). If someone is playing a CV and isn't completely incompetent then I'll use the complement system because it might make them feel better to see  a quick "you were complemented" flash on their screen in Port; heaven knows they see the alternative message enough. I'm not 12 so I don't report anyone for "bad play." I might report someone if they are saying something completely egregious in chat, but that's only happened a few times over the past six years.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,426
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I mostly complement people with a good job ("gj") or a well played ("wp") in battle. If things have calmed down or if I'm sunk and thus have the time, then I'll expand the message (e.g., "Nice torps, Gearing!"). If someone is playing a CV and isn't completely incompetent then I'll use the complement system because it might make them feel better to see  a quick "you were complemented" flash on their screen in Port; heaven knows they see the alternative message enough. I'm not 12 so I don't report anyone for "bad play." I might report someone if they are saying something completely egregious in chat, but that's only happened a few times over the past six years.

This, plays poorly is massively misused and is rarely correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,714
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
35 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, plays poorly is massively misused and is rarely correct.

Apparently, I completely suck at this game as my "Karma" went from two to one in this match, which we won.

 

image.thumb.png.dc93ca9fdc726dc7c2726e6a544d8f51.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,426
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Apparently, I completely suck at this game as my "Karma" went from two to one in this match, which we won.

 

image.thumb.png.dc93ca9fdc726dc7c2726e6a544d8f51.png

Yep, you suck it up big time. :Smile-_tongue:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[7TH]
[7TH]
Members
49 posts
8,381 battles
23 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"Worthy Adversary" is a compliment, not a "report"
Are you suggesting that people are reporting someone because they were given a Worthy Adversary compliment, @Abraham_Knox ?.

I see what you're saying.  One is technically a Compliment, just trying to draw contrast for the two.  If its okay to affect someone's karma score (or whatever they call it) negatively, should you be able to affect it negatively.  So it should read: Report someone for 'plays poorly' and Compliment someone for "worthy Adversary"

 

Thank you for asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,132
[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles
11 minutes ago, Abraham_Knox said:

I see what you're saying.  One is technically a Compliment, just trying to draw contrast for the two.  If its okay to affect someone's karma score (or whatever they call it) negatively, should you be able to affect it negatively.  So it should read: Report someone for 'plays poorly' and Compliment someone for "worthy Adversary"

 

Thank you for asking

139278734_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.dfbfe45a621910697faf334c5e8f903d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[7TH]
[7TH]
Members
49 posts
8,381 battles
18 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Apparently, I completely suck at this game as my "Karma" went from two to one in this match, which we won.

 

image.thumb.png.dc93ca9fdc726dc7c2726e6a544d8f51.png

This is what I'm getting at here.  You play great but one of the guys on the other team you sunk gets mad and says you play poorly.  Very common.  When I play CV my score goes down quickly, but when I play DD it goes back up just as quick.  So all fun aside about the "fun police" and how CV's are bad "..mmm-kay..." it doesn't seem to fall under the umbrella of "good sportsmanship" to allow one last kick from a sore loser.  I get it, it isn't fun to be an isolated BB and have the CV come out and pick you apart, but to say the CV plays poorly is out of context from that players perspective.  This kind of "reporting" is far more common than the actual empirical report that someone can give to a player who yolo'd out into the cap with no regard to gameplay.  The latter I would say is a good use of it and probably by design but the unfair impact of the sore loser type far outweighs the true reporting of the intent. 

However, with that said, I think it takes a lot more effort to compliment your opponent and give them a +1.  It goes beyond spite and anger and pushes good will amongst people who play the game to have fun and good willed competition.  

So all in all, who cares about the number?  Some do and if its intended to show and promote good behavior in sportsmanship, this system seems to be getting abused.  So the poll may give insight.  Get rid of it maybe or make sure its working properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

the only one of those 'reports' that might catch you grief is misbehaviour in chat i believe, the rest are meaningless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles

Yes...but i think if anything else needs a rework in this game, it's Submarines and the "Plays Poorly" report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[7TH]
[7TH]
Members
49 posts
8,381 battles
On 11/12/2022 at 3:19 PM, SKurj said:

the only one of those 'reports' that might catch you grief is misbehaviour in chat i believe, the rest are meaningless

It doesn't get you in trouble or anything but some monitor that score and like to see it go up.  And if I remember right the design of it was just that so it could promote good sportsmanship.  I get what you're saying though, if they "report" you, there aren't any penalties like chat ban or something.  I think AFK does something too and Unsporting behavior (or something like that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×