You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

Feedback for Update 0.11.10 - Japanese Light Cruisers

14 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles

Commanders!

Update 0.11.10 brings the following new features:

Read all about the update here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-01110-japanese-light-cruisers/

As a result, we would like to hear your feedback about 0.11.10. Feel free to reply to this thread with your thoughts.

-

If you encounter any bugs while playing in 0.11.10, please leave them here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/261224-update-01110-bug-reports/

• Thanks 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
2,395 posts
24,502 battles

You need to drop the tiers for the new Japanese light cruisers branch down one tier, ie. the tier 5 Agano to tier 4

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,736 posts
10,868 battles

So what are you going to do for T10? You already have 6 turrets with 18 guns on that absurd ship, why not bring it up to 21? Have a ship that is as long as the entire map.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
4 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

So what are you going to do for T10? You already have 6 turrets with 18 guns on that absurd ship, why not bring it up to 21? Have a ship that is as long as the entire map.

24 guns in six turrets! A gigantic Mega-Atlanta??

No. Just no.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,422 posts
9,969 battles
14 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Wait for the Supership version.....

'And today we will begin testing of Supercruiser Yamarashi.  This light cruiser is relatively fragile, but mounts three additional triple turrets on each side of the ship in place of the secondaries seen on Yodo.  This gives her a full salvo of 27 150-mm guns off each side and her Death Cherry Blossom mode allows each gun to fire a rapid salvo of five shells within the space of three seconds at all nearby enemies.  As one Captain is said to have said, "I tried to count the number of incoming shells from that thing, but decided just jumping overboard was quicker". '

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,877 posts
17,607 battles
39 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Wait for the Supership version.....

'And today we will begin testing of Supercruiser Yamarashi.  This light cruiser is relatively fragile, but mounts three additional triple turrets on each side of the ship in place of the secondaries seen on Yodo.  This gives her a full salvo of 27 150-mm guns off each side and her Death Cherry Blossom mode allows each gun to fire a rapid salvo of five shells within the space of three seconds at all nearby enemies.  As one Captain is said to have said, "I tried to count the number of incoming shells from that thing, but decided just jumping overboard was quicker". '

135 shells 

• Haha 1

[GYLJ]
[GYLJ]
Members
5 posts
3,158 battles

Japanese Light Cruiser Line

Played the ships available through all tokens you can gain without using freeXP.   That is up to tier VII Omono (final reward for mission chain).    As someone else said - these ships are tiered wrong.   Tier V performs like tier IV and that continues throughout the chain.    In watching gameplay of the Yodo, it also looks to actually be a tier IX.   I would recommend either adjusting armor/increasing rate of fire/reducing their tiers outright.    They feel similar to the UK line in terms of being extremely fragile and easy to get deleted.   However, they do not have the UK heal to compensate.    Their HE is really only useful for fire starting but the rate of fire is so low that your DPM is uncompetitive.   AP performs about on par with Italian CL AP.    The two lines feel pretty similar in terms of slow rate of fire.   However, at least Italian cruisers have SAP for good initial damage prior to saturation.   

Ships are not Operations viable.   Random battles will get you deleted as soon as you are spotted.   I would not bring these to brawls but you could have limited success if you can evade until your torps are ready or get lucky fires from behind cover.   Arguably there are much better existing TT ships for Brawls.   Co-Op is the only mode these have any real use in my opinion.   That is a shame and a missed opportunity - but I understand wanting to air on the side of being conservative.  I just feel like it was a little too conservative to see them being played at all outside of the event.  I really hope the tokens are available during the next patch so that we can continue progressing towards Yodo.  

Torpedoes are great.   They are long range and have good damage for their tier.   I like the updated torpedo mechanics on the VII+.   This feels spot on for an IJN line.   

Battle Pass

So far up to tier 67 in the battle pass.   I felt the pacing up through tier 50 and the ultimate reward were really good value for money.   I am now adjusted to the new way of earning rewards which I assume was one of the objectives of introducing the battle pass.      My only feedback here is that you should continue some type of special reward in the battle pass beyond 50 but less frequently.   Maybe at 55/60/65/70 you add more than the 2 basic bonus and signal container.    Maybe credits/rare bonus/more coal/or even try your luck containers.   Otherwise, bravo!   I play a few games that use the battle pass system.    I think as long as you can create a recurring model where you get roughly the same equivalent "ultimate" reward at tier 50 - you will keep repeat customers.    However, the precedent is established now.    You offered a pretty good Tier VII premium ship.   I would expect that whatever the battle pass rewards are going forward to be within that range of offering.   It might also be worthwhile to consider options as well, such as a tier V/VI/VII/VIII premium container "random reward" or an option at tier 50 to take the crate or some equivalent economic reward such as Coal/Credits. 

The thing here that is tricky, I am sure, is that you have a substantial population of OG players with ridiculous economic power.    That is inconsequential to someone like me who has only played a couple of months.  I need those economic incentives to keep me feeling like I am pushing towards new ship experiences/captains/unique upgrades.   I laugh at 100,000,000 credit auctions because I don't think I have earned 100MM credits in total from all of the battles to date.   And that is just a starting bid....which locks out new players completely.    Maybe that is the intention.   I certainly see reasoning to keep newer players out of those super ships.   

BUT you continue to matchmake Tier IX with superships - which basically is completely broken.    I think the very next thing that WG should do is prevent tier IX from seeing super ships in battle.   I quit playing a line at tier VIII because of two reasons.   1) I can't play Operations with anything higher than tier VIII and 2) Superships just don't make sense to play against in a tier IX.  

Graphics

These are amazing changes.   As a user with a higher end rig (3080/1440p high refresh rate) - I noticed quite a difference in the maps to which they were applied and to physics items like surf.   I really appreciate the consideration here on these. 

Brawls

Overall, these are great!  Tier X, not so much for me, but that is mainly because I have exactly 1 tier X ship (Marceau).     I really like the faster pace, higher earnings, higher reward nature of these.  They are a mode I try to play regularly. 

Submarines

No comment.  I do not own any submarines.   I was so new in early access that I used the tokens for credits to advance surface ships.   I also fear getting consistently down-karma'd like I do in a CV.    Every match where a sub was in had chat filled with a general hate and distaste for subs.    This was enough to keep me away since I am trying to make friends/build div mates - etc.    Having a sub to play seemed counter-intuitive.   Maybe at least at this point.    However, I do think I will end up playing SS.   Likely the US line or the new (and seemingly OP) Russian line to come that was in the Dev blog.   Those do look appealing.    If anything, I will pick up at least one line so that I can contribute points into Naval Battles.  Time will tell whether it is a line for me or not.  But I am willing to give them a go once. 

Black Friday

I really enjoyed this event.   I bought I believe 12 premium containers.    2 ships came out of those.   Both of the ships I received are ones I will play regularly.   I would have liked to have pulled a 3rd to hit 25% rate.   The premium containers seemed pretty fair for a 5 USD investment versus the raw price of the reward.   The standard BF containers obtainable through missions/codes left me wanting more.   

Treasure Hunt

I really like this option.   I have also obtained reasonable rewards for just playing the game as intended and doing things to get more involved in the community.  This seems great.   

Members
37 posts
2,541 battles

lol ther the east thing to kill they should be rank 3 or 4s lol even 2s for that mater lol but most cruisers are 1 shot kills by BBs any how. Only Destorys have a better chance surviving a full broad side of HE or even Ap.

Edited by GrayWolf3rd

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts
9,274 battles

Japanese light cruisers are so bad, They may have a lot of guns and good torp angles, but bad reload, stealth, medeocre torps, don't help since they are already fragile light cruiser. This means the best ijn light cruisers remain as mogami and harugumo. I didn't even care to grind for early access of the t7 because how bad the t5 and t6 were, and the stats just look worse going up the line

[5IN]
Beta Testers
35 posts
24,585 battles

Japanese CL's are just terrible. In a Myoko, Atago, Mogami, or Ibuki, you can kite away and let the troll armor/ability to wiggle and make them miss give you a good shot at making it past the halfway point in the match. This can really help in late game as well, burning down the last of the ships that are left. With the new line, you are forced to go behind an island and shoot BB's. To play as a DD hunter is suicide, the torps while do good damage... aren't enough to mitigate the paltry damage the main guns bring. I don't see where the niche is supposed to fit in the current MM. Torp spam CL, the Pan-Asian line does it so much better. Kite and be annoying, seems like any cruiser line does it better. Sit behind an island and shoot BB's, American, UK, Pan-Asia, German, Netherlands, all do it better. The AA isn't that good either. If you spec into AA, you lose too much in either torp skills or damage skills. Yes, the torp angles are really nice. Yes, the ship models look decent. Yes, it is a new line to grind... except even that got screwed up with the legalized gambling/early access. 

Subs... I hate them, they don't fit in this current MM (unless you want to be annoying, take away from other's fun, get flamed, ping someone all game, never get spotted if you have any game sense, laugh at all the ASW planes missing or not have range to get near you, have absurd spotting, speed, turning ability, can't get proxy spotted by other sub, hydro only works at 2.5km or less, did I miss anything?) 

Graphics look really good. 

Game balance changes... well, pretty much the general consensus is that if you are playing a British BB, you are terrible. Anyone can use the high alpha HE with high fire chance and get fires and damage. It takes no skill. So, whatever. How many Thunderer players sit back and don't affect the game? Exactly.

Unsporting conduct changes. Well, I don't see many pink ships so it must not be working, or people got smarter. 

The developers still, and clearly, do not play this game. High tier MM is just a clown fiesta of Superships, Subs, and steam rolls.  Ranked is even worse. 40% w/r players in gold. 30% w/r players in silver. Does that seem funny to anyone? And those players are stubborn, argue, and insist on the whole team charging one side to take one cap and then defending. Really??? The sadist in me wants to know what this game will be like in two years. Are UFO's and boarding parties going to be added? Will the boarding parties have the ability to use light sabers as well? Is Yoda or ET going to be a Captain? Just wondering.  

• Thanks 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,168 posts
9,044 battles

The ships just suck to play and this is coming from someone that likes Japanese cruisers. Fix your Japanese light cruiser Branch by making it actually competitive such as faster shell flight times and making the range out longer. Heck even a reload buff would be good 

• Thanks 1

[SLDS]
Members
20 posts
3,148 battles

U R The Last Hope - Didn't Disappoint My Fellow Mates

image.thumb.png.1cc3bdc17ee12aaafc9b60d06f65d95b.png

image.thumb.png.fb826a46909e920579cbb4e9cef2dd45.png

U-Boats R Legendary Bcos They R A Class of their Own

Some like Balance We Prefer their legendary Speed and Precision with Ping and Sonar

SUBS are supersubs like in Football when you need a fresh burst of firepower and a finisher

finishing off the opponents with very low vertical profile in the horizon, though using the rock formations

when being spotted would helped your game

On our way to obtain the highest class U 2501 with that would help us to emulate the Legendary U48 elektroboot

("electric boat" in German) was a submarine designed to operate entirely submerged, rather than as submersibles that

could submerge as a temporary means to escape detection or launch an attack.

Emulate U-48: The Most Successful U-Boat of the Second World War

U-48: The Most Successful U-Boat of the Second World War | Naval Historical Foundation BOOK REVIEW - U-48:

The Most Successful U-Boat of the Second World War (navyhistory.org)

• Cool 1

Members
676 posts

I've been playing the Omono and Takashi.

One change I would like to see that would help.

Better Concealment. (My Zao has better concealment at Tier X and its twice the size)

OR

Give them smoke consumable

AND

Increased shell velocity.  It feels worse than the USN CL line.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles

Agano and Gokase

The ships need a boost on their reload. Per US Documentation when going over Yahagi after the war, the ships theoretically could fire at 10 rpm but were limited due to the transport of shells through the working chamber as they weren't real turrets but gun houses much like how the US 5''/38's were done; except the Japanese didn't run a hoist directly into the working chambers under the turrets. That being said, they had ready shells in the working chamber as they attempted to use them for AA purposes but were terrible at it. That being said, them having ready shells in that working room means that the following makes sense:

-Gun Reload Booster: 6 sec Reload for x# of seconds

-Move gun range to 15km on Agano and 16km on Gokase to make them able to better use their guns at range with their weak armor.

-Base concealment of Agano to 10.5km and 10km for Gokase

-Give their shell performance closer to that of the German 15cm guns on their time to target to make up for their travel time and make it easier to lead targets.

Omono

They also need a boost to their reload. Historically the turrets could only bring up 6 shells per minutes but only 5 bags limiting them to 5 RPM; however, you can claim with Omono that they are using improved B type turrets which resolved this issue and now have 6RPM for an even 10 second reload. This would give it a fair better balance vs ships like Helena and with it's 16km gun range I would recommend moving to 16.5km. This is to offset it's weak belt armor for tier 7 to allow it to reach out better without exposing sides as often and brings it more in line with Shchors

-Gun range to 16.5km upgraded

-Gun reload to 10 seconds