You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Massacrerer

Best all-around Nation's T10 line?

28 comments in this topic

[SPNRD]
Members
95 posts
17,291 battles

For fun, my son and I recently were in a debate about what nation has the the best overall T10 ships, all lines/types included.

So my question is simple... If you were in a competition, assuming everybody's skill was equal, which nation's T10 ships would you take, which includes all variables of the T10 ships:

Tech Tree, Premium, Steel, Coal, Research Bureau, Free XP

I don't know if this should or should not include CVs and submarines. I would say probably not, because then obviously the nation's with CVs and submarines would have an unfair advantage. But if someone who wants to rate those in also, well then... why not?

I think my pick would be the RN (British) until I'm convinced otherwise 🙂

We are interested in hearing other people's take on this as well! Thanks 👍

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
35 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

German, then 'Murica. 

Germans are totally screwed for vision control. 

40 minutes ago, The_Massacrerer said:

which nation's T10 ships would you take

US by far has the best rounded up line up. Second I would place UK. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
23 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

It's Russia and not close at all. Runner up: US. 3rd place: GB

RU DD line up is too one dimensional, will struggle to keep vision and cap control outside the Radar windows.

[DRAH]
Members
555 posts
14,604 battles

USA has solid ships in all categories. A genuine all-rounder DD in Gearing, A solid sub, many amazing cruisers with the Des Moines and Salem and Worscester. Solid CVs that offer several different playstyles and Montana and Ohio and Vermont are all firepower gods.

Most other nations have at least one dud category. IJN cruisers are mediocre and the carrier is nothing special.

Italy is gimmicks for days

Germany and Russia have mediocre DDs

UK is pretty solid but outside Minotaur the T10 cruisers are just "OK"

• Cool 2

[DRAH]
Members
555 posts
14,604 battles
2 minutes ago, Royeaux said:

Is there a bad T10 French ship?

The Rebublique is soso and the T10 Alsace clone is limited by 380mm guns.

French DDs are great gunboats but mediocre at vision control and torp power.

Members
1,427 posts
9,373 battles
1 minute ago, Ellyh said:

The Rebublique is soso and the T10 Alsace clone is limited by 380mm guns.

French DDs are great gunboats but mediocre at vision control and torp power.

If you think the Bourgogne is weak then you are sadly and sorely mistaken.

• Cool 1

[AN2AC]
Members
389 posts
12,272 battles

Purely on my stats (which are not good) and based on % it would be French closely followed by UK. The USA, Japan and USSR all much the same.

Games though vary from 50 to 500, but that gets to too much thinking, and its Friday here.

[MHG]
Members
560 posts
7,274 battles

Probably the Soviets.

Kremlin is extremely powerful and tanky, needed nerfs. Khabarovsk was outrageous when it first released and had to be heavily nerfed to bring it to reasonable levels, but still performs well. Grozovoi is a solid all round DD. Moskva is a solid cruiser with a very strong armour scheme and great utility options. Petro is ridiculously hard to kill and has some powerful guns, usually gets limited in CB and comp modes due to its power. Nevsky is a solid kiting cruiser that can do some serious damage at range. Stalingrad was brutally overpowered when it first came out. Nakhimov is just absurd and ruins whatever semblance of CV balance that there ever was post rework. Slava is a powerful ship with best in class penetration and a unique dispersion formula, maybe not the most powerful but extremely dangerous in her role. 

Very close second or tied for first is the US. They have many solid ships at this tier that are picked frequently in comp modes like CB. Examples being De Moins, Salem, Montana, Ohio, Gearing and even quite a few Vermont. 

• Cool 1

[TR3TA]
Members
276 posts
9,106 battles
34 minutes ago, RonJamesDio said:

Probably the Soviets.

Kremlin is extremely powerful and tanky, needed nerfs. Khabarovsk was outrageous when it first released and had to be heavily nerfed to bring it to reasonable levels, but still performs well. Grozovoi is a solid all round DD. Moskva is a solid cruiser with a very strong armour scheme and great utility options. Petro is ridiculously hard to kill and has some powerful guns, usually gets limited in CB and comp modes due to its power. Nevsky is a solid kiting cruiser that can do some serious damage at range. Stalingrad was brutally overpowered when it first came out. Nakhimov is just absurd and ruins whatever semblance of CV balance that there ever was post rework. Slava is a powerful ship with best in class penetration and a unique dispersion formula, maybe not the most powerful but extremely dangerous in her role. 

Very close second or tied for first is the US. They have many solid ships at this tier that are picked frequently in comp modes like CB. Examples being De Moins, Salem, Montana, Ohio, Gearing and even quite a few Vermont. 

USSR +1! :cap_rambo:

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
1 hour ago, Royeaux said:

Which one would you use to assert map control?

Good luck controlling caps!

Imo the French Line is likely the less flexible line in game, it only does one thing (tho it is great at doing it).

[REVY]
Members
9,643 posts
7,316 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Good luck controlling caps!

Kleber killin' DDs will get you your caps.

bottlecapsfallout.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[B_Y_F]
Members
856 posts
19,345 battles
2 hours ago, Royeaux said:

This. 

Maybe the overneff HIV? But even after neff, that MBRB and blackhole™ armor still holds. 

[BONKY]
Members
2,274 posts
26,706 battles

Probably a close race between the US, USSR, RN, and MN.

The Dutch only have two ships, neither seem to win many prizes.

Sweden has a similar problem, only 3 DDs, yet all three are really damn good at worst and the premiums are pretty cracked.

the RM has Venezia that can b*tchslap almost everything not fully angled with SAP, and a Regolo with hands can mess up DDs.

Commonwealth has only 2 (one just announced) and the other a Daring side grade

IJN has Yamato and Shittyshima working in their favor, but Zao, Yodo, and the average Shima player does not help.

If Lutjens could be trained for multiple ships for free (or you get new game modes where people can actually brawl every game-aka T10 operations), Germany would be up there. If Z-42 gets released in its current state, Germany may move up.

If we're talking co-op, YY and Jinan would be high up the list.

Meanwhile, the weakpoint among US T10s is Austin, which can murder anything in 15sec before instantly becoming a T8 cruiser. Gearing's UU is great for clan and KotS, Monty is still decent, Somers is also good, Sherman is hilarious, DM and Salem are amazing if unforgiving, Worcester still has large DPM, Vermont is an agile burger with the most devastating broadside in the game, Ohio might be the best T10 BB currently available in the game, and they'll soon have Montana firepower with hyper accurate Midway dive bombers on one ship.

The Soviets have no real ducks at T10, with even Khaba having its moments. Most Soviets shine in ranked/comp though, seeing almost every KotS and clan season sees some Soviet ship limited or banned.

the RN has the ultimate damage farmer (Conqueror) the best BB in the game (Thunderer) the best tech tree DD (Daring) the ultimate Soviet counter of Goliath, Malta just made UK CVs look good, and the rollercoaster ride that is radar Mino. Only ducks are Plymouth and Gibraltar.

And the French have no misses at T10. Colbert has obsene DPM, lighthouse Henri is memeworthy, Republique is good, Marseille is interesting, Kleber and Marceau are really good DDs for different reasons, and Bourgogne is the best steel ship available right now.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
5,156 posts
15,864 battles
4 hours ago, The_Massacrerer said:

assuming everybody's skill was equal, which nation's T10 ships would you take, which includes all variables of the T10 ships:

Tech Tree, Premium, Steel, Coal, Research Bureau, Free XP

Undoubtedly and Surprisingly: Japanese. 

Yamato and her higher and lower derivatives are in their own class.

Zao: the only cruiser at t10 with DD dispersion, near DD stealth, best surface launched torpedos, lowest cruiser freeboard until Petropavlovsk, and a dozen 203mm guns with 305mm damage and fire chance and improved ballistics.

Shimakaze: best t10 DD stealth and most powerful torpedoes. Guns have larger caliber damage and fire chance characteristics.

Harugumo: an entire aspect of the game was torn down because of this thing; then built back up in a manner that made this false DD more powerful.

Hak: I don't know enough about CVs to comment, but it's rare for me to see them in the bottom half of thier team; win or loose.

I-56: may not be t10 but she may as well be. Huge health pool and mega buffed primary SAP armament.

No matter what you pick, you can hardly go wrong with the IJN.

• Cool 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

RU DD line up is too one dimensional, will struggle to keep vision and cap control outside the Radar windows.

What? Have you ever even played the Groz? 

The other dd line is putrid but the Groz is one of my favorites. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
17 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

What? Have you ever even played the Groz? 

The other dd line is putrid but the Groz is one of my favorites. 

What's Groz conceal?... isn't it 6.something? 

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
10 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

What's Groz conceal?... isn't it 6.something? 

Same as Daring and Halland. Very competitive.  It's a ranked favorite of mine. Good all around dd. It's AP is very underrated. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
11 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Same as Daring and Halland. Very competitive.  It's a ranked favorite of mine. Good all around dd. It's AP is very underrated. 

Wow, that's quite good! I thought it was higher, that changes the game indeed.