You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

The Last Night

16 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles

Tonight is my last night of uninterrupted free earned Premium Time since at least September 16, 2021

zpPOIQi.png

It all started with a 90 day PT SC and it just snowballed from there ... almost 14 months later, what a ride!

Even if I never again earn for free any more PT, I consider myself very lucky to have enjoyed as much as I did... this was all free earned and free given PT, it was not secondary to purchased containers or any other expenditure. There's this common complain on how greedy WG is... sorry but I can only laugh, these guys have been nurturing my play time with all kind of goodies just as reward for playing a game I totally enjoy  to play. I'm seriously considering spending some money this season just as payback to all that has been given for free, along all these years. 

To the WG team, receive a sincere Thank You from a grateful FTP guy.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2

[H_]
Members
993 posts
16,688 battles

LOL and you have others that have a gazillion days of PT and keep getting it even though they don't need it.. LOL...

I'm down to about 173 days.. I'm hoping i'll get some in the santa crates, few of us swap those as Christmas presents.. 

Edited by S16_Hunter
  • Cool 1

[ARR0W]
Members
6,146 posts
32,898 battles
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Tonight is my last night of uninterrupted free earned Premium Time since at least September 16, 2021

zpPOIQi.png

It all started with a 90 day PT SC and it just snowballed from there ... almost 14 months later, what a ride!

Even if I never again earn for free any more PT, I consider myself very lucky to have enjoyed as much as I did... this was all free earned and free given PT, it was not secondary to purchased containers or any other expenditure. There's this common complain on how greedy WG is... sorry but I can only laugh, these guys have been nurturing my play time with all kind of goodies just as reward for playing a game I totally enjoy  to play. I'm seriously considering spending some money this season just as payback to all that has been given for free, along all these years. 

I’d love to be able to gift you some of the just over three years of PT I have and can’t sell. I got vast amounts in events past, and I drop it everywhere it can show up. 

Edited by Pugilistic
Exaggeration-it’s just over 3Y
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles
1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

I’d love to be able to gift you some of the roughly 3 1/2 years of PT I have and can’t sell. I got vast amounts in events past, and I drop it everywhere it can show up. 

Thanks for the intention mate, that's what matters the most!

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles
20 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

There's this common complain on how greedy WG is

People can be greedy and hand out freebies.  

Consider it "priming the pump".

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles
12 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

People can be greedy and hand out freebies.  

Consider it "priming the pump".

Between you an me, I've always felt the guys that made this game must have from memories from their Communist childhood. I've always gotten this "Robin Hood" vibe from this game where they take from the rich and give to the poor, but tempered with post Communist wild market economy. "It is a wild world out there, I will help you as much as I can to get started but it is up to you to work hard and thrive on your own"

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
59 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

To the WG team, receive a sincere Thank You from a grateful FTP guy

It’s amazing to me how many people thank WG for working to code an automated system that attempts to keep users addicted to their product with the hopes that they spend money on the product.  So many posts expressing gratitude for the “free stuff”, not that WG actually gave something tangible away.

I don’t mean you necessarily @ArIskandir just an observation from 5000 feet

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles
2 minutes ago, Dudefella said:

It’s amazing to me how many people thank WG for working to code an automated system that attempts to keep users addicted to their product with the hopes that they spend money on the product.  So many posts expressing gratitude for the “free stuff”, not that WG actually gave something tangible away.

I would argue they have given me something very tangible, hours upon hours of free entertainment. Any other activity would likely had been more expensive.

As anything else in life, there are dozens of "calls" to convince you to be departed from your money, but the reality remains this product can be equally enjoyed without such spending, and all spending remains Optional. Emphasys in Optional. Most other games gate content (usually the most attractive content) behind a paywall, WoWS always keep a FTP way for you to enjoy all the content. 

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles

The key is to buy gold with premium time....

Over 400 days.....seems it snowballs in SC...

Just like bunks for captains, 174 empty and to think you used to have to buy them 

Over 80 port slots.... I bought a 3 pack, then it started coming in dailies & free with premium ships...

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

I'm down to 9 days or so. I won it since I came back in June, so I can't be too upset. I've never bought any time before, and don't intend to. If I spent real money, my wacky brain would want to play even when I didn't, so it didn't "go to waste."  Yeah, I know, silly. Hopefully I'll win some this winter when all I want to do is play a few hours....Until then, its finally back to work with my sorry self, so back to "normal time" for me, lol...

• Cool 1

[-MOE-]
Members
112 posts
10,829 battles

I have 90 days of PT and 22 WG containers. Most of PT I got from SC in 7th anniversary and I'm having the same dream to have what OP already achieved, uninterupted PT for free. I feel totally the same as OP.

I recall back in days I would open a WG container for 1 day of PT in the middle of my free time and complete 2 days of daily today and the second day before the PT expire. Now I can play all day whenever I want.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Tonight is my last night of uninterrupted free earned Premium Time since at least September 16, 2021.

Used to get plenty of PT bundled with ships, but I guess they stopped doing that.

Let mine expire.

Can’t really say I was suffering much, then (30? 90?) days dropped in some container or another. Was just gonna let it run out again, but more dropped.

That got me through to Christmas last year, so I just gave up and bought some more for half off.

• Cool 1

[IHW]
Members
87 posts
7,620 battles

Wow, OP, I have never received 90 days free PT from a SC, (the most I've ever got was 14), but even if I did, I don't know how you got it up to 14 months!

I generally try to get and manage all the free PT that is offered, and I usually just have a few days a month.  I burn them on Friday or Saturday nights when I can play late.

• Cool 1

[RSWF]
Members
433 posts
6,464 battles

I've got about 3 months (93 days) left.  I bought a year of premium time for half price during the holiday sale almost 2 years ago.  Had enough built up that I didn't buy any last year and will make it past this Christmas.  I barely played for 6 to 8 months this year so I'm sure I'd have more if I played an average amount.

[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
On 11/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, ArIskandir said:

zpPOIQi.png

:cap_like: