You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HogHammer

Happy Birthday!

17 comments in this topic

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles

Happy Birthday Marines.
Semper Fidelis.

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd say that there are probably more ex-Marines around here than ex-Navy guys.

"Once a Marine, always a Marine."  :-)

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,379 battles

On a winter day in Philadelphia, a committee of the Second Continental Congress met at Tun Tavern and drafted a resolution calling for the formation of 2 battalions of Marines.  Since that day millions of men and women have earned the eagle, globe, and anchor.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVIL DOGS, MAY WE LIVE ANOTHER 247 YEARS.

Marine Corps Birthday

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
Members
2,655 posts
17,809 battles
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd say that there are probably more ex-Marines around here than ex-Navy guys.

Probably because a lot of the ex-sailors are driven off by all the paper ships. When was the last time we got something even at Montana’s level of development (finalized design, available resources, construction only not done because of higher priorities)?

[USNMC]
Members
192 posts
31,719 battles

Proud of my Marine Son

20221102_224359.jpg

Edited by HuskerBill
update
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[USNMC]
Members
192 posts
31,719 battles
35 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Probably because a lot of the ex-sailors are driven off by all the paper ships. When was the last time we got something even at Montana’s level of development (finalized design, available resources, construction only not done because of higher priorities)?

Retired Navy here but my Son is a MARINE!

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
240 posts
8,447 battles

My son leaves for Marine boot camp in a month. I'm very proud of him. 

His MOS is going to be Combat Engineer.

Edited by Jagerbomb_2021
Edited to add
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
371 posts
24,755 battles

Summer Camp, Parris Island, 1978, a smoking circle of recruits (Yes, for you civilians, back-in-the-day we could smoke a butt 2 or 3 times a day in boot camp, IF we jumped through hoops and earned it.), chant led by our Senior DI screwing with us before we could light up...."Smoking gives you cancer, but we don't care, because Heaven won't take us, and Hell's afraid we'll take over. MARINE CORPS, OOORAH!" The Senior DI went on to say: "Very good. Ladies, the smoking lamp is lighted, begin." Funny, the things you never forget. Happy 247th, Brothers and Sisters. Semper Fi!

• Cool 2

[ALLY]
Members
549 posts
26,706 battles

To all:

I was never in the Marine Corps.  I worked with and around them including in Technical School at Chanute AFB in Illinois where they were sent for training on the T-56 engines on the C-130 (might have guessed that based off the name).  When I was in the Desert, nothing personal against the Army, but I always felt safer on the base when we had Marines stationed with us.

Happy Birthday to you Marine Corps!

I have nothing but respect for you!

C130 signing out

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
12 hours ago, LieutenantJebStewart said:

Summer Camp, Parris Island, 1978, a smoking circle of recruits (Yes, for you civilians, back-in-the-day we could smoke a butt 2 or 3 times a day in boot camp, IF we jumped through hoops and earned it.), chant led by our Senior DI screwing with us before we could light up...."Smoking gives you cancer, but we don't care, because Heaven won't take us, and Hell's afraid we'll take over. MARINE CORPS, OOORAH!" The Senior DI went on to say: "Very good. Ladies, the smoking lamp is lighted, begin." Funny, the things you never forget. Happy 247th, Brothers and Sisters. Semper Fi!

And 5 years later, I got busted from guide at Parris Island because one of the recruits in my work detail (maintenance, during mess and maintenance week) took a cigarette offered to him by the Sgt up in the attic of Depot HQ. lol

Happy Birthday (belated) to my fellow Marines

P.S. I did get reinstated as a squad leader a few days later since 2/3 of the platoon couldn't drill properly and graduation was coming soon... :D

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
18 minutes ago, xamdam said:

2/3 of the platoon couldn't drill properly and graduation was coming soon... :D

I don't know how they do it nowadays but I was of the opinion that the Army spent too much time on drill and ceremony. I realize that a little drill instills discipline and allows for the rapid movement of large groups of soldiers from one place to another but after a time enough is enough. We spent a solid week in AIT doing nothing but practice a change-of-command ceremony over and over and over. I later took the course over as a correspondence course before an ARTEP and discovered the module that they never did teach us. Sure, you eventually pick up more stuff than you ever were taught in AIT through working at your job but when your unit expects you to have a certain amount of training from the get-go it would be nice to have it. I only formation marched one other time in the Army after AIT and that was in yet another useless change-of-command ceremony.