You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stun_Crazy

Hi guys I wanna say thanks

25 comments in this topic

Members
106 posts
234 battles

Thanks to the WOWS community for like being so awesome. Other gaming communities can be toxic, unwelcoming, and just not fun. You guys have answered my questions, and have just been so nice and yeah! 

• Cool 13
  • Thanks 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
39 minutes ago, Cirran said:

It is nice to know you are enjoying your stay at the Funny Farm that is the forums :) 

Cirran

Funny Farm?! What do you mean "Funny Farm"? How dare you say such a thing!

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,062 battles
1 hour ago, Stun_Crazy said:

Thanks to the WOWS community for like being so awesome. Other gaming communities can be toxic, unwelcoming, and just not fun. You guys have answered my questions, and have just been so nice and yeah! 

55 minutes ago, STILLDRE1976 said:

agree with you stun havent been on here long either always find great info and also lively and fun here unlike alot of gaming forums etc 

It's all about how you present your questions!  If you ask with an apparent interest in wanting to learn, this forum will respond with enthusiasm.  If you ask a veiled question that is more of a complaint, while simultaneously blaming someone or something for a negative result you experienced, this forum will see right through you and will likely respond with sarcasm and not much empathy.

If you want help, ask it!  We will be there for you!

If you want to b!7ch and moan about how something wasn't your fault, please don your flak jacket and stand by for incoming.  You called for arty on your pos, after all.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles

:Smile_honoring: glad to be of help, welcome to the community and hope you keep enjoying both the game and the forum for a long time!

[WPORT]
Members
20,725 posts
22,656 battles

:cap_like:

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,062 battles
50 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Well, I don't think you've seen serious toxicity yet. You only have a bit more than 200 battles after all, so the adventure for toxic and unwelcome responses is still out there for you. :cap_like:

And look at you jumping at the chance to offer that for him!  :Smile_facepalm:

A chap comes onto the forum with a positive outlook and offers thanks for help he has received.  Why would you respond as you have?  I am genuinely curious, since I don't understand the magnetism toward negativity you exhibited.

What I read..."I see you are happy.  Stand by, for I am here to sH!7 all over that and squash it."

Why?!?

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,062 battles

LOL...and almost as if on queue, Singularity_invader STUNS me with a thumbs down emoji!  The horror!

However should I respond???

Wait, I have an idea:

nqH8Xme.jpg

Brilliant!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,651 posts
19 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

And look at you jumping at the chance to offer that for him!  :Smile_facepalm:

A chap comes onto the forum with a positive outlook and offers thanks for help he has received.  Why would you respond as you have?  I am genuinely curious, since I don't understand the magnetism toward negativity you exhibited.

What I read..."I see you are happy.  Stand by, for I am here to sH!7 all over that and squash it."

Why?!?

It's called realism. You should get used to it.

By the way, I didn't give you a thumbs down. Just because you received a thumbs down shortly after replying to me doesn't mean I was the person that gave you one, and you shouldn't make any assumption about other players' reactions on the forum, unless you have access to background data.

Edited by Singularity_invader
  • Thanks 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
2 hours ago, Stun_Crazy said:

There are moments when people blow a gasket but as you noticed generally people are pretty friendly here which I think comes from a relatively older group of people.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

There are moments when people blow a gasket but as you noticed generally people are pretty friendly here which I think comes from a relatively older group of people.

Hey! Who are you calling... uh, what were we talking about again?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Hey! Who are you calling... uh, what were we talking about again?

GET OFF OF MY LAWN YOU YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPER!

• Funny 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles

Something is wrong here.

Is this WG's WOWs forum?

I'm so used to tip toeing through subjects so as not to set off the trolls and haters....

In all sincerity,  this year has seemed much more civil than past years.

Your way past the golden years of years 1 and 2....

WOT toxicity coming to ships.

For the most part, the forums consist of 3 subjects.

1) we hate said class....

2) I have a question....

3) wg and this (cuss words here) problem, mechanics, penalties or game design...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
33 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

Something is wrong here.

Is this WG's WOWs forum?

I'm so used to tip toeing through subjects so as not to set off the trolls and haters....

In all sincerity,  this year has seemed much more civil than past years.

Your way past the golden years of years 1 and 2....

WOT toxicity coming to ships.

For the most part, the forums consist of 3 subjects.

1) we hate said class....

2) I have a question....

3) wg and this (cuss words here) problem, mechanics, penalties or game design...

No one is claiming that there are no toxic people in this game but if you ask a question at the beginning of a match you are much more likely to get a useful answer or at least an honest try at a real answer than in WoT.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

No one is claiming that there are no toxic people in this game but if you ask a question at the beginning of a match you are much more likely to get a useful answer or at least an honest try at a real answer than in WoT.

It is such a huge breath of fresh air to have new players come to the forums and share positivity....

Us old timers tend to be more grizzled...

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
2 hours ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

It is such a huge breath of fresh air to have new players come to the forums and share positivity....

Grizzled but actually friendly once you get through the initial roughness. :Smile-_tongue: Like I said if you ask a question at the beginning of a match here you will get an answer if it is possible, where the last time I played in WoT I got a revamped map so had no clue where to go and the answer to where I should take my tank was a wise as answer that was zero help. I have been playing the modern armor MMO game lately and it does not seem as toxic as WoT can be but then I mostly play co-op.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,503 posts

The chat in the game is much more toxic than what you get in the forums.  Largely, because the moderators here shut down a thread pretty quickly if things go over the top.  

That said, it is full of useful information and most people are here to help.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Grizzled but actually friendly once you get through the initial roughness. :Smile-_tongue: Like I said if you ask a question at the beginning of a match here you will get an answer if it is possible, where the last time I played in WoT I got a revamped map so had no clue where to go and the answer to where I should take my tank was a wise as answer that was zero help. I have been playing the modern armor MMO game lately and it does not seem as toxic as WoT can be but then I mostly play co-op.

The one game that made coop fun and challenging....

I love modern tank game too...

Members
1,651 posts
11 hours ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

To be fair, old timers get grizzled for a reason. With thousands of games we've gone through, we should have seen enough. Many people get egoistic when they're winning and frustrated when they're losing, accordingly they get condescending when they're egoistic and they get vengeful when they're frustrated. Both circumstances can be considered "toxic". Toxicity becomes a somewhat inevitable situation when people let their emotions dictate their actions, just like the gentleman who accused me of giving him a thumbs down earlier.

Edited by Singularity_invader

[SOMLI]
Members
488 posts
27,365 battles
On 11/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, Stun_Crazy said:

Don't worry, you'll soon be crazy like the rest of us. Lol.

Members
494 posts
11,482 battles
3 hours ago, thundercat_warrior said:

We accept you, we accept you. One of us, one of us. Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble.

• Haha 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 hours ago, thundercat_warrior said:

The natural progression of a WOWS player.

:fish_aqua:--> :fish_boom: --> :fish_nerv: --> :fish_book: -->  :fish_palm: --> :fish_viking: --> :cap_like: --> :cap_old: --> :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1