You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rabidrabit

No Battle Pass in clam wars?

34 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles
44 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

It's available in every other mode, why not Clam Wars?

LittleNeck_clams_USDA96c1862.jpg

???

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

LittleNeck_clams_USDA96c1862.jpg

???

Are the clams the ones fighting wars, or are the wars being fought over clams? Inquiring minds want to know. 

• Cool 1

Members
143 posts
148 battles
5 hours ago, rabidrabit said:

why not Clam Wars?

I guess because the earned base xp in clan wars is 'rigged', so everyone on the winner team is guaranteed 2.500 base xp, independent of the personal performance...and afaik it has been this way also with the previous daily missions...

Members
3 posts
1,985 battles

After grinding out Clan Battles matches all day, I don't really feel like grinding out daily's and since it costs real money we should be able to complete them in every battle mode. There is seriously no point in purchasing a battle pass

• Cool 4

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
On 11/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, Windwalker_2020 said:

Beards vs. no-Beards..

Merci madame viola le bearded clam ...

Great, now I'll have that song stuck in my head for the next week. lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
30,553 battles
2 hours ago, xamdam said:

Merci madame viola le bearded clam ...

Great, now I'll have that song stuck in my head for the next week. lol

I had no clue what this was so I Googled it..........

And now it is stuck in my head....   :Smile_honoring:

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,736 posts
22,656 battles
On 11/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, rabidrabit said:

No Battle Pass in clam wars?

By rabidrabit, Wednesday at 05:27 PM in General Game Discussion

"Clam" wars?  :cap_hmm:

[HOP4S]
Members
7,002 posts
35,469 battles

There was a War of the Roses as well in 1455-1485.

You started this !  :cap_haloween:

OH, I forgot, there was a Maple Syrup war if you like Science Fiction....

Edited by Asym_KS

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
On 11/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, rabidrabit said:

I did ask about this a while ago.  Clan Battles are not included in Daily Missions because Daily Missions are Random/Co-Op/Scenario engagement chains.

I know the pain of finishing several hours of Clan Battles and then having another hour+ grinding out the Daily.

• Boring 1

[Y0L0K]
Members
378 posts
25,417 battles
Just now, Ahskance said:

I did ask about this a while ago.  Clan Battles are not included in Daily Missions because Daily Missions are Random/Co-Op/Scenario engagement chains.

I know the pain of finishing several hours of Clan Battles and then having another hour+ grinding out the Daily.

If I had known they would put yet that much more of a burden on me I would not have bothered to buy the premium pass.  The point of a game is to have fun doing something.  When you milk the tar out of people by not mentioning other onerous hoops to jump through it makes it not worth the effort.  There are no missions that I can see where one could not earn their battel pass rewards just the same as randoms.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
2 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

If I had known they would put yet that much more of a burden on me I would not have bothered to buy the premium pass.  The point of a game is to have fun doing something.  When you milk the tar out of people by not mentioning other onerous hoops to jump through it makes it not worth the effort.  There are no missions that I can see where one could not earn their battel pass rewards just the same as randoms.

Dailies have never included Clan Battles as a clearing option, so that's unchanged from before the Battle Pass ever existed.

If you are concerned that Clan Battles will prevent you from being able to use the Battle Pass, please make a Customer Support Ticket to explain your situation.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles
On 11/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, rabidrabit said:

Clam-Wars.jpg

This needs to be the next Halloween/April Fool special-ships event. We've already seen what WG can do in terms of making sea monsters work in-game (to the delight of my son, who wanted it as a thing since I first started playing the game). Let's take it the next step! @Ahskance, tell the art department to get cracking! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
927 posts
19,684 battles
20 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Do you know the pain, really? And if you do, why not try to mitigate some of that pain? And I am surprised you accepted that answer "...because Daily Missions are Random/Co-Op/Scenario engagement chains". Why? Why do they not include them? Clan Battles are discriminated against. It has always rankled a lot of people to spend all that CB time and get no progression for that time. Yes, CBs get rewards. NO, not every, not most clans get to progress all the way up the ladder to the top to collect all those rewards. They are not even counted in your profile summary. WG still lists the long-defunct Team Battles, not Clan Battles. Yet you spend 16 hours a week for a month or longer and didn't progress under the old system and do not progress under Battle Pass. I believe ANY gameplay, any participation should help you progress along the BP route. Any participation helps the game and in the case of clan battles WG shouldn't take 16 hours a week of a player's time and so nonchalantly toss them out the window and say 'oh, THAT doesn't count, sorry. I think 2 posts down you say to the poster send a ticket in to Player Support. How about some advocacy from the 'community' team?

[_PBR_]
Members
164 posts
7,540 battles
23 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Well this is still circular reasoning and not answering the question. This is basically a "Because we said so." 

[_PBR_]
Members
164 posts
7,540 battles

And again, to be fair. If it is a "Because we said so", thats fine, just say that so people can base their anger on the fact that. 

Besides what you said is also not true. Brawls and Ranked are included into dailies as well. The only format not included is Cla(m)n battles.

Dailies have never included Clan Battles as a clearing option, so that's unchanged from before the Battle Pass ever existed.

If you are concerned that Clan Battles will prevent you from being able to use the Battle Pass, please make a Customer Support Ticket to explain your situation.

I think this is the point. Before the rewards were daily based and not based on the battle pass. Where as now if you miss out on dailies you are missing out on a larger percentage of the rewards due to them being gated behind the battle pass. Not to mention being tied to the monetary aspect of the premium pass as well. 

Edit: And nice way to pawn this off onto your customer support. I foresee another "Due to high ticket volume you may not recieve a response to your issue within a week" in our future. 

Edited by DeathwlngReborn