Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Konigreich

U-190 reserve battery consumable doesn't work during or soon after emergency surface

4 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
2,924 battles

I think I noticed this on my U-69 as well but when the battery in a sub depletes and you're forced to surface, using the reserve battery will only keep you at or above your current depth for roughly half of the action time and then you will continue to surface and once surfaced will not be able to dive (or recharge).

Also, if you surface due to being out of battery, wait to surface, and then use the reserve battery to dive you will be stuck at the surface without charging and without diving.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,585 posts
16,516 battles
4 minutes ago, Konigreich said:

I think I noticed this on my U-69 as well but when the battery in a sub depletes and you're forced to surface, using the reserve battery will only keep you at or above your current depth for roughly half of the action time and then you will continue to surface and once surfaced will not be able to dive (or recharge).

Also, if you surface due to being out of battery, wait to surface, and then use the reserve battery to dive you will be stuck at the surface without charging and without diving.

Yes, the consumable freezes your Depth Timer for the duration of use.  It can be disadvantageous to use if you are at 0:00 Depth Timer remaining.

The consumable is best used while you have Depth Timer but recognize that you will be held underwater for longer than expected (ie: you can't surface for a significant period because of enemies nearby).

[CAAT]
Members
6,206 posts
8,031 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Yes, the consumable freezes your Depth Timer for the duration of use.  It can be disadvantageous to use if you are at 0:00 Depth Timer remaining.

This. You want to use that particular consumable AS you dive or when you have dive time remaining. Do not use it when you have zero dive timer.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

Members
8 posts
2,924 battles
19 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The consumable is best used while you have Depth Timer but recognize that you will be held underwater for longer than expected (ie: you can't surface for a significant period because of enemies nearby).

The reserve battery isn't "not used" though, it will keep you at the depth you use it while emergency surfacing but only for maybe 10-15s and then it'll surface you, not the entirety of the consumable.

That's what I'm getting at - it seems to not fully function in the same way for the entirety of the consumable.  Then when you do surface, the emergency surface "debuff" is still present and you can't do anything but sit on the surface because you retain the "emergency surface debuff and the reserve battery" so essentially you're stuck at the surface using reserve battery but can't dive and don't recharge (due to the reserve battery use).

Sign in to follow this