You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OrnmiIler

Selling deception, the new methods of WOWS's

25 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
846 battles

I was totally screwed by U people on my last ticket over the the deception methods WOS's is now using more often to fool us into buying things we would never buy! We buy your/these offers because they mislead us into doing so buy these phony offers which fool us because they are meant 2 fool us! Like the German container I bought with gold!!!  The German container Says we get 10,000 gold back if we already have both battleship camo's, and then you renege on that offer, and worse, you don't refund our money we paid & you actually stole from us! These modern deceptive advertising practices, which go  by con-men everywhere, are now being used here on WoWS! If this double talking mumbo jumbo wording U use 2 sell [edited] offers which don't exist continues you will see the last of me and my US $ dollar money. This happened in Wot and after spending $ thousands over the years there, I just stopped playing there forever! There is only WOAP left which has yet to defraud me! We customers speak with our purse, and thus have last laugh you never will hear, which is our feet taking our business/money else where!!! Who needs u anyway? ...By the way I still want my money back 4 the last ticket U rejected on the phony ploy of German container/ battleship camo's gold back offer. This is your last chance 2 make good on bad you did!!!!!!!
Sincerely,
OrnmiIler 

• Cool 3
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

Members
2,766 posts

Don't buy anything - at all - ever. Can you understand that? You don't have to buy anything to play, so don't. If you are mature enough to make a decision and stick to it, you will not be fooled. If you're not, you'll always be a sucker.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 7

[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
668 posts
3,097 battles

INB4 this thread gets nuked

Yea I've moved away from buying stuff for WOWs... I just don't trust WG anymore. This isn't the first post I've seen where somebody has had an issue with purchasing stuff. 
There is a complete lack of trust between WG and the community that they're not even attempting to rebuild - money has blinded them

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles

As theLaalaa said, you don’t need to spend any money to play. And if you do choose to spend money, that’s on you to read what is included and what you get. All of the possible drops (and their odds, as well as any guaranteed drop mechanic) are listed in the item’s description. In the past WG has definitely had issues with not disclosing drop rates, but every single crate earnable or purchasable in the game has that info listed.

As for the camo compensation from the containers you bought:

If you already have all the items from the "Ships and Permanent Camouflages" group and the Battle of Jutland Premium container drops an item from this group, you will receive 15x Battle of Jutland camouflages.

that’s the compensation listed in the premium shop and armory. Doesn’t say anything about getting doubloons back, and even if it did, 10k for every “duplicate” camo is abnormally high. I don’t know offhand what the compensation was back when the permacamos had bonuses (if it was different than now), but if it was doubloons it would likely only be the price of the camo or ship. Neither of which would be anywhere near 10k doubloons.

If you bought something that said it gave doubloon compensation, please get a screenshot and post it here. Send it to support as well, obviously. But if you post it here and there was any confusion, someone here would be able to explain it faster than waiting for a ticket response. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
38 minutes ago, OrnmiIler said:

I was totally screwed by U people

U people? What did li'l ol' me do to you? You must mean them people over there.

On a more serious note, you aren't going to get very far in the consumer world if you don't learn how to read the "fine print" and understand exactly what you are buying. Companies can only "abuse" you as much as you let yourself be abused. Delayed gratification is a good thing to practice. If you find yourself really wanting to purchase something, delay purchasing it for two weeks and then ask yourself if you still want it, if you actually need it, and why you want it before making the decision to buy.

• Funny 1

[WOLFH]
Members
741 posts
31,800 battles

OP may be talking about this

image.png.44ebe8c6b80a13a8cdadeaf6cd2678a4.png

However :fish_book:

looking at the Container Contents , those camos Do NOT Drop from the containers.

You get those camos from completing the "The Hunt for Bismarck" collection

image.png.23961659e7ad1f541bc5a6a6997cc8b6.png

If OP was buying The Hunt for Bismarck containers expecting them to drop the permanent Bismarck camos, he's deceived himself?

• Cool 2

[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
668 posts
3,097 battles
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

U people? What did li'l ol' me do to you? You must mean them people over there.

I think that the OP is addressing WG in his post

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,154 posts
30,906 battles
12 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

looking at the Container Contents , those camos Do NOT Drop from the containers.

If OP was buying The Hunt for Bismarck containers expecting them to drop the permanent Bismarck camos, he's deceived himself?

It's the very first sentence in your first image.  Complete the collection, you get the camos.

In F2P games, or hell, any game with a cash shop, because even full priced premium games have cash shops in them nowadays, you have to look hard at what you're getting.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,193 posts
15,767 battles
1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Gonna need to know what phony offer he was fooled into buying.

I think he miss understood something.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think he miss understood something.

Yup. Which is fine, it can happen. Happened to everyone at elast once, I'm sure.

But then he decided to run to the forums, throw a tantrum and throw accusations around all spewing his bile because he didn't read something. No sympathy from me.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[QADD]
[QADD]
Beta Testers
711 posts
15,042 battles
5 hours ago, OrnmiIler said:

I was totally screwed by U people on my last ticket over the the deception methods WOS's is now using more often to fool us into buying things we would never buy! We buy your/these offers because they mislead us into doing so buy these phony offers which fool us because they are meant 2 fool us! Like the German container I bought with gold!!!  The German container Says we get 10,000 gold back if we already have both battleship camo's, and then you renege on that offer, and worse, you don't refund our money we paid & you actually stole from us! These modern deceptive advertising practices, which go  by con-men everywhere, are now being used here on WoWS! If this double talking mumbo jumbo wording U use 2 sell [edited] offers which don't exist continues you will see the last of me and my US $ dollar money. This happened in Wot and after spending $ thousands over the years there, I just stopped playing there forever! There is only WOAP left which has yet to defraud me! We customers speak with our purse, and thus have last laugh you never will hear, which is our feet taking our business/money else where!!! Who needs u anyway? ...By the way I still want my money back 4 the last ticket U rejected on the phony ploy of German container/ battleship camo's gold back offer. This is your last chance 2 make good on bad you did!!!!!!!
Sincerely,
OrnmiIler 

You read the description  of the containers wrong OP. WoWs is a legitimate company and they aren’t going to steal from you. Your entire post is one big facepalm. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,741 battles
5 hours ago, Grantwhy said:

At this point these are also older camos and I think they could be purchased on the exterior tab for each ship for doubloons.

Thus, if he did own the camos previously and then completed the collection, yes he would get doubloons.

But as always: reading and understanding is key, and it feels like OP mis-read/mis-understood what he was purchasing.

[QADD]
[QADD]
Beta Testers
711 posts
15,042 battles
22 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

OIP.jpg

Stealing this ^^^^^^^

[NWNG]
Members
3,940 posts
6,138 battles
42 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

OIP.jpg

See quoted post below this sentence!

18 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Stealing this ^^^^^^^

3 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

At this point these are also older camos and I think they could be purchased on the exterior tab for each ship for doubloons.

Thus, if he did own the camos previously and then completed the collection, yes he would get doubloons.

But as always: reading and understanding is key, and it feels like OP mis-read/mis-understood what he was purchasing.

I was about to say: How does one get doubloons from camo that only comes from the collection reward. Not thinking it was put in the list of purchasable camos without need of doing the collection. So thank you for bringing that possibility up.

4 hours ago, Type_93 said:

You read the description  of the containers wrong OP. WoWs is a legitimate company and they aren’t going to steal from you. Your entire post is one big facepalm. 

Even legal companies can be deceptive. It's all about wording, and sentence structure. Do it right, it can give off more than one meaning, BUT read far enough the true meaning becomes clear. Companies have 100% utilized our need for instant gratification, and our short attention span, against us.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles
44 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Even legal companies can be deceptive. It's all about wording, and sentence structure. Do it right, it can give off more than one meaning, BUT read far enough the true meaning becomes clear. Companies have 100% utilized our need for instant gratification, and our short attention span, against us.

Yup. That's why the end responsibility is always with the customer to be discerning and understand what they're spending their money on.

• Boring 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,741 battles
49 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yup. That's why the end responsibility is always with the customer to be discerning and understand what they're spending their money on.

Which brings up something OP said

10 hours ago, OrnmiIler said:

This happened in Wot and after spending $ thousands over the years there, I just stopped playing there forever! There is only WOAP left which has yet to defraud me! 

If OP had this happen to him in WoTs, why did he decide to continue to buy items from WoWS given its the same company? Is he also over in WoWPs buying stuff there and expecting things to be different?

[NWNG]
Members
3,940 posts
6,138 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

If OP had this happen to him in WoTs, why did he decide to continue to buy items from WoWS given its the same company? Is he also over in WoWPs buying stuff there and expecting things to be different?

I think that's what he may have meant by WOAP...

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Which brings up something OP said

I had a client one time call and tell me he tripped a transformer off line, reclosed to it twice, and had it trip instantaneously twice.  He was really angry.

I just asked him if he had a spare transformer.

[HOP4S]
Members
7,002 posts
35,454 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

To a point.  And, we must be frank:  at some point every corporation gets "called" by the market on something they've pushed too hard or done.  We see this everyday. 

But, it brings up a more important issue:  "people aren't all the same;" and,  that means what happens when they aren't,  isn't going to be the same.....

10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Companies can only "abuse" you as much as you let yourself be abused.

If life were only that simple.....      If you believe all people are the same, this ^^^^^ is where we end up.....   Unfortunately, letting oneself be abused is a whole medical field worth of discussion......  ICD-11 Y93.C2 and several others all are related to Video games.....and, some of the issues or benefits they seem to be central to....

Ever wonder why we have seat belts?    Why we in the US have a FAA;   or, the FDA;   or, any other consumer organization?   Ever wonder why Video games seem to have an open playing field or direct statutes involving consumer protection ?    That is changing and once our government(s) figure out how much money is available in game profits:........well, let's say gaming simply will cease to be what it is today and evolve into something else.....  

Edited by Asym_KS

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
41 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Ever wonder why Video games seem to have an open playing field or direct statutes involving consumer protection ?  

Parents need to supervise their children's spending. If a kid goes off on an online shopping spree then it's the parents' fault for giving him a credit card in the first place. If a kid steals a parent's card then it's their fault too for not monitoring their account and putting a block it once they notice the card's missing or see suspicious charges. If you are able to open your own credit-card account then you are an adult and need to suffer the consequences of your own actions if you make bad decisions.

• Boring 1

[HOP4S]
Members
7,002 posts
35,454 battles
41 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Parents need to supervise their children's spending. If a kid goes off on an online shopping spree then it's the parents' fault for giving him a credit card in the first place. If a kid steals a parent's card then it's their fault too for not monitoring their account and putting a block it once they notice the card's missing or see suspicious charges. If you are able to open your own credit-card account then you are an adult and need to suffer the consequences of your own actions if you make bad decisions.

Again, if it were only that simple.....