You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Striker_XF35

OMEN Gaming Hub Raffle Campaign

31 comments in this topic

[CFVY]
Members
20 posts
8,113 battles

Is this intended to be a backdoor gift to selected players? There is no code here. The link in the news article points to the Hub software download, but has nothing to do with WOWS. Downloading and installing the Hub software it detects the game, but ALSO gives no codes.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/omen-gaming-hub-giveaway/

And the link just points to https://www.omen.com/us/en/omen-gaming-hub.html

Or does HP not plan on making this available to sign up for until the mission start time of Friday? Then why is the WOWS News Article already posted?

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,583 posts
14 minutes ago, Striker_XF35 said:

Is this intended to be a backdoor gift to selected players? There is no code here. The link in the news article points to the Hub software download, but has nothing to do with WOWS. Downloading and installing the Hub software it detects the game, but ALSO gives no codes.

Or does HP not plan on making this available to sign up for until the mission start time of Friday? Then why is the WOWS News Article already posted?

image.thumb.png.ecbd3f0b8f79bdf2b92bc189f20289e0.png

image.png

Supertester, Members, Wiki Editor
691 posts
13,749 battles

you have to download it, create an account, then on the home page of the app scroll down to "my offers" or something and find the wows one, open the webpage it links to, click the button that says you already play, that takes you to the redeem a code with the code that has already gone around discord already plugged in, redeem it, find out you have already redeemed it. profit.

• Cool 1

[UNCLN]
Members
424 posts
19,381 battles

Is it the same code as before or there will be another code release when the event begins.

BTW: I got a 2.5 years old 15 inch Omen laptop and I send it to HP repair shop to fix the funny noise created by the left fan earlier this year. And the HP repair charged me for a new fan as the old one is broken probably caused by bearing failure. Soon after the fan is replaced the motherboard broke down right before the warranty expires, and I got a free fix for it. After half a year the same fan noise happens at the same place (not the right fan, the right fan is all right). Maybe I should find somewhere else cheaper to fix it. Also the laptop's window button broke down as well.

I usually have no problem with HP products before, (my old laptop broke down after 8 years of usage) but this omen disappoints me.

Edited by a252

Members
38 posts
12,673 battles
2 hours ago, Striker_XF35 said:

I agree the description is misleading.

here are the steps to get the code (WOWSOGHOGHGIFT):

1. Download  omen desktop app from https://www.omen.com/us/en/omen-gaming-hub.html
  2. Open the app and create an account
  3. On Home screen scroll down to the "My promotions" and click on the wows tile (you will be redirected to the code activation page)
  4. Spoiler

image.png.c1842762e2b8770827ec04bd51d649a6.png

• Cool 1

[T_N_R]
Beta Testers
37 posts
18,040 battles

For some reason, the code activation page kept directing me to the Asian server, not NA.  That said, I had previously activated the code when it was first leaked here you on the forum...Ooops!

[TO31]
[TO31]
Members
86 posts
11,873 battles

Is it a random giveaway or your get all or some of the rewards in those missions? 

[KOFTT]
Members
135 posts
13,687 battles

Are the mission(s) for this raffle supposed to be active now?  I followed the instructions - downloaded the app, created an account, redeemed the bonus code - and got confirmation that the code has been activated, but I don't see the mission available in my combat missions. According to the article this event was supposed to start today so I was expecting the mission to be available immediately.  Is this not the case?  Does anyone else have the mission?

[-MOE-]
Members
116 posts
10,881 battles
2 hours ago, zakkmylde said:

Are the mission(s) for this raffle supposed to be active now?  I followed the instructions - downloaded the app, created an account, redeemed the bonus code - and got confirmation that the code has been activated, but I don't see the mission available in my combat missions. According to the article this event was supposed to start today so I was expecting the mission to be available immediately.  Is this not the case?  Does anyone else have the mission?

Same here, tried multiple time

[SOUS]
Members
771 posts
6,665 battles

nvm today they are, but i don't see anything.

Edited by Itsj_p

[T_M_N]
[T_M_N]
Members
8 posts
5,733 battles

I activated the code when it became available in the omen gaming hub yesterday, logged in but haven't seen any new missions.

The website says earn 15 destroyed ribbons or 25,000 base XP. I see no mission in WoWs despite having redeemed the code on the day it was released in omen gaming hub.

Does someone from WGing know what's going on here?
image.thumb.png.8faaa93909f5ca434e2671df66079432.png

image.thumb.png.f3c3013c560edf18f5b40cb71c3cf2ae.png

image.thumb.png.ab14ee9eec24aca76e5d711c809a7b23.png

image.png.60672ae9050fdbb1a14f0e14094db9df.png

[KOFTT]
Members
135 posts
13,687 battles
On 11/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, StackableGold said:

Does someone from WGing know what's going on here?

I agree.  Can someone from Wargaming please help with this issue?  It's been 3 full days now since this event started and I still don't have any missions available despite following the directions provided in the article.  I also put in a ticket with player support two days ago and have yet to receive any response there.  There are some pretty serious prizes being given away in this raffle and I would like to be able to participate to at least have a chance.

• Thanks 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
9 hours ago, _Bad_Influence_ said:

@Ahskance

Can we get an update on this? Started on 11/11 and its 11/14 and no one I know of has got the mission

We've experienced a technical issue on the dispersal of the combat mission.  This is being looked into.

For the folks that have already redeemed the code, we have visibility on that redemption and will be able to address this in the future.  I don't have an ETA to give, but we're working on it.

• Cool 3

[_TKS_]
Members
28 posts
8,531 battles
15 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

We've experienced a technical issue on the dispersal of the combat mission.  This is being looked into.

For the folks that have already redeemed the code, we have visibility on that redemption and will be able to address this in the future.  I don't have an ETA to give, but we're working on it.

Is there going to be a reset on the time period? Or will the tasks be retroactive?

[KOFTT]
Members
135 posts
13,687 battles
On 11/15/2022 at 11:29 AM, Ahskance said:

Support finally responded to my ticket yesterday and said that the missions were pushed back one week and would start today (11/18), but I'm logged into the game as I type this message and there are still no combat missions for this event.  I don't know why Wargaming can't figure this thing out, but maybe they should just forget about the combat missions and just choose raffle winners from the group of players that redeemed the bonus code.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
21 minutes ago, zakkmylde said:

Support finally responded to my ticket yesterday and said that the missions were pushed back one week and would start today (11/18), but I'm logged into the game as I type this message and there are still no combat missions for this event.  I don't know why Wargaming can't figure this thing out, but maybe they should just forget about the combat missions and just choose raffle winners from the group of players that redeemed the bonus code.

The timeline has been changed to 11/18/22 -> 12/16/22.

As for mission receipt, all players who redeemed the prior code should be invoiced (given) the mission token.  It may take a short time for it to reach your account as the process is undertaken.

[KOFTT]
Members
135 posts
13,687 battles
16 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The timeline has been changed to 11/18/22 -> 12/16/22.

As for mission receipt, all players who redeemed the prior code should be invoiced (given) the mission token.  It may take a short time for it to reach your account as the process is undertaken.

It's 11/19 and I still don't have any combat missions for this event.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
10 minutes ago, zakkmylde said:

It's 11/19 and I still don't have any combat missions for this event.

Please create another Customer Support Ticket to look into this.

[KOFTT]
Members
135 posts
13,687 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Please create another Customer Support Ticket to look into this.

My original support ticket is still open, but considering it takes them 2-3 days to reply to a comment this event will probably be over before I get an answer.

[NEMO]
Members
120 posts
273 battles
On 11/8/2022 at 3:13 PM, The_Ruleset_Difference said:

you have to download it, create an account, then on the home page of the app scroll down to "my offers" or something and find the wows one, open the webpage it links to, click the button that says you already play, that takes you to the redeem a code with the code that has already gone around discord already plugged in, redeem it, find out you have already redeemed it. profit.

Actually the app is free in the  Microsoft store

[_TKS_]
Members
28 posts
8,531 battles
On 11/19/2022 at 10:45 AM, JennWay said:

Actually the app is free in the  Microsoft store

Nothing the op said was to the contrary. The microsoft store downloads the app. 

Doesnt seem like a lot of effort is going to fix this.  

Edited by SNoB_3

[NEMO]
Members
120 posts
273 battles

I dont need it , I already have apps that monitor everything on my computer

This rig is custom made my a kid at school who sells them as he builds them, AND he takes orders, I ordered the  top of the line everything for 2022 over the summer he built it and now I have it

[S-O-D]
Members
31 posts
14,143 battles

I don't have a mission for this event yet. Personally I'm not going to bother with a support ticket. WG can't implement a partnership collaboration correctly it's on them. I've followed the steps told it's delayed and still nothing.  I refuse to jump through more hoops so WG can go back to HP and say look at all these users who did our event, I want HP to see how bad WG screwed this up on their end and the numbers reflect it. 

Edited by _Bad_Influence_