You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AgentNut

Two Minute Warning

11 comments in this topic

Members
233 posts
13,147 battles

Please consider implementing a 2 minute warning in the game.  It's not uncommon for a random match to go the distance and near the end of the match things can get heated and the next thing you know, the match ends.  

It would be very helpful when at 2 minutes remaining in the match, there is some kind of alarm, horn, or voice over letting you know "the game will end in 2 minutes."  etc. etc.

This could be the difference in knowing to chase an enemy ship, go for a cap, hold positions etc. etc.

Thanks.

[O_O]
Members
7,892 posts
22,043 battles

You really think this is needed?

The timer is on the upper right of your screen.  All you have to do is glance at it from time to time...the same as you do for the minimap.

Members
233 posts
13,147 battles
15 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The timer is on the upper right of your screen.  All you have to do is glance at it from time to time...the same as you do for the minimap.

Yes, an audio indicator would be helpful.  Again, in close matches near the end I'm not usually paying attention to the battle timer. 

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,291 battles

Set a countdown timer on your phone for 18 minutes and start it when the battle starts. It's not a perfect solution but you could implement it now, instead of maybe waiting for some dev to accomplish it, that is, even if WG would do it. Maybe a modder could do it. I'm just saying this is something that you can actually remedy yourself.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,619 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

WG seemed to think it was a good idea for WoT, so why not WoWS?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,585 posts
16,516 battles
3 hours ago, AgentNut said:

Please consider implementing a 2 minute warning in the game.

I do believe we have a voice cue at 5 minutes remaining.  It's a bit earlier than you are asking for, but it's certainly in the waning minutes of a match.

Members
233 posts
13,147 battles
7 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

I do believe we have a voice cue at 5 minutes remaining.  It's a bit earlier than you are asking for, but it's certainly in the waning minutes of a match.

Interesting.   I've never noticed this before,  I assume this isn't an option you can toggle on or off...?

Thanks for the response Ahskance.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,585 posts
16,516 battles
8 minutes ago, AgentNut said:

Interesting.   I've never noticed this before,  I assume this isn't an option you can toggle on or off...?

Thanks for the response Ahskance.

Yep!  I just double-checked that it was on the list of dialogue that's recorded when doing Commander Voiceovers.

Statue of Liberty has a line:

"Our time runs short.  Only five minutes remain."

• Cool 2

[SUB4]
Members
1,704 posts
13,033 battles
6 hours ago, AgentNut said:

Please consider implementing a 2 minute warning in the game.  It's not uncommon for a random match to go the distance and near the end of the match things can get heated and the next thing you know, the match ends.  

It would be very helpful when at 2 minutes remaining in the match, there is some kind of alarm, horn, or voice over letting you know "the game will end in 2 minutes."  etc. etc.

This could be the difference in knowing to chase an enemy ship, go for a cap, hold positions etc. etc.

Thanks.

I usually announce the time starting at 3 minutes and announce each minute until the end.

I figure, like you said, things are getting heated.

[WPP]
Members
3 posts
14,137 battles

For everyone giving the original author a hard time, or suggesting setting a phone alarm (which is in fact a GOOD work around) ... wouldn't his idea being implemented negate the need for an alarm in the first place?  And I like this idea.
In a VERY contested game, it can and often does come down to the last few moments.  And no, I don't always have time to track the game timer ... sometimes you are to busy in those heated moments looking down scope!

this player has a good suggestion!

Don't vote it down, just because it's not your idea.  

Members
650 posts

There used to be a 2 minute warning in the game.

A lot of players complained that the warning was too close to the end. So WG changed it to 5 minutes.

If you don't notice the 5 minute warning you won't notice a 2 minute warning for the same reasons.

@AgentNut

Edited by Lazy_Joe