You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

New IJN line is just bad really really bad.

13 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
781 posts
15,412 battles

Got luck on getting the new tier 9 IJN CL (Takahashi) on my first go.  And played a few games in it and boy is she bad.   The only thing worth note worthy of the ship are it torps and the fast turning guns.  It turn like a brick it speeds up like a brick.  I am trying to figure out why such a stream line ship plays like a battle ship.  All I can think is some dev forgot to change over the model from Puerto Rico?  It's gun turn fast but it's reload on pare with 283mm guns on Gouden Leeuw at 15sec.  It's got paper armour and can be citadel really easy from any BB or large cal. CA.   IT has 150mm gun not 155mm gun so even with IFHE you can't pen the magical 38mm of larger ships.   I think WG should bring this whole like back to the drawing board and postpone this line launch until they fix this line.  How did this crap get passed internal testing and ship testers? 

• Cool 2

[NATO]
2,640 posts
10,318 battles
6 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

Got luck on getting the new tier 9 IJN CL (Takahashi) on my first go.  And played a few games in it and boy is she bad.   The only thing worth note worthy of the ship are it torps and the fast turning guns.  It turn like a brick it speeds up like a brick.  I am trying to figure out why such a stream line ship plays like a battle ship.  All I can think is some dev forgot to change over the model from Puerto Rico?  It's gun turn fast but it's reload on pare with 283mm guns on Gouden Leeuw at 15sec.  It's got paper armour and can be citadel really easy from any BB or large cal. CA.   IT has 150mm gun not 155mm gun so even with IFHE you can't pen the magical 38mm of larger ships.   I think WG should bring this whole like back to the drawing board and postpone this line launch until they fix this line.  How did this crap get passed internal testing and ship testers? 

First off, its a T9 ship.....so its crap like just about every other T9 ship. Designed to soak up free XP so you get past it quickly. None of the IJN cruisers are capable of using WSAD hacks very well, they are all slugs.

As for being citadelled......that is what most cruisers excel at.

• Meh 8

Members
1,031 posts
21,131 battles

So let me get this straight… making a line based on the worst ship in the entire game (Yahagi) turns out to be a stinker? :shocked_face:

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[DEV_X]
Beta Testers
2,082 posts
12,562 battles
41 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

First off, its a T9 ship.....so its crap like just about every other T9 ship. Designed to soak up free XP so you get past it quickly. None of the IJN cruisers are capable of using WSAD hacks very well, they are all slugs.

As for being citadelled......that is what most cruisers excel at.

What? That's a silly comment. There are quite a few great Tier 9 ships.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
8,880 posts
27,102 battles
11 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

So let me get this straight… making a line based on the worst ship in the entire game (Yahagi) turns out to be a stinker? :

Funny it feels that way when playing Yahagi but according to Ship Stats somebody must be doing well in it. 

The damage done is kind of meh but the WR is decent.

• Cool 1

Members
1,031 posts
21,131 battles

Played a game tonight against someone who got 130k in it. Just yolo’d BBs and torped them. 

Bad team meant no crossfire and people busy farming BBs rather than deleting squishy cruisers.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,389 posts
29,467 battles
2 hours ago, DeadIyArT said:

Nothing your saying is new.

If you watch the CC YouTube reviews you would have known....

BTW the T5 & t6 are a blast...

[HODL]
Members
201 posts
6,820 battles

hilariously the t5 is sorta fun; actually boarderline op for a t5. 

i expect they did that intentionally.  make people think the line is ok, with the t5 so they'll spend $$$ on it.  

[AK-49]
Members
644 posts
13,908 battles
12 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Funny it feels that way when playing Yahagi but according to Ship Stats somebody must be doing well in it. 

The damage done is kind of meh but the WR is decent.

Never let the facts get in the way of feelings

[CVA16]
Members
8,880 posts
27,102 battles
11 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

Never let the facts get in the way of feelings

Feelings will always play a huge part of the experience. If you don't feel you are having fun in a boat, you won't want to play it.  Which probably plays into how some theoretically bad ships do so well in the stats. Players that can't make a ship work/enjoyable, don't play it. This leaves a smaller cadre of players that can make it work/enjoy the challenge playing the boat raising the stats.

• Cool 2

[X-PN]
Members
3,841 posts
17,722 battles
11 hours ago, Azanimefan said:

hilariously the t5 is sorta fun; actually boarderline op for a t5. 

i expect they did that intentionally.  make people think the line is ok, with the t5 so they'll spend $$$ on it.  

I suspect you are thinking too much into but maybe so.

But the T5 is good for the tier.  23k damage torps with 12km range at the tier is almost silly.... even more weird is the T6 torps are less powerful.

Funny how the pasta DD line was the same with the T5 being the strongest of the line.

[NOKAP]
Members
1,058 posts
25,582 battles

You can make them turn better by giving up concealment and putting on the double rudder shift. Yeah, losing concealment bites, but you can turn and dodge. Even with the double ruddershift, your turrets can keep up since they are fast.

You just gotta build them a little different.

[BOTES]
Members
2,394 posts
10,558 battles

This may sound like a weird comparison but it's looking more and more like WG has not learned from the Khab nerfs and made an entire tech tree of them. Ships that aren't built to fill the role of their class in the slightest. These aren't CLs. They're paper CA hulls that traded gun caliber for torpedo range. 

I also think of Khab because after the excessive nerfs, it was mandatory to play Khab with SGM3. It still is mandatory unless you want to kick yourself in the nuts repeatedly. This results in Khab having worse conceal than most CLs and a few CAs. It was/is so bad that WG gave up on balancing it and removed it from the game.

These new ships are DOA. They're just bad damage farmers. I'll be playing them with the old BB Hindy setup of prop/SGM3. They won't contribute to wins, but at least the experience will be comfortable.