You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Royeaux

Forums acct not letting me change username or email

6 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
9,651 posts
7,316 battles

I keep trying to change my username and I'm running out of allowances to change the username, but the forum is reverting my username without my consent and not letting me change the email address despite my old address practically being defunct now.  What am I suppose to do?  Keeping the old email address attached to this account is highly inconvenient and what is the point of the username change option if it doesn't work?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
12 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I keep trying to change my username and I'm running out of allowances to change the username, but the forum is reverting my username without my consent and not letting me change the email address despite my old address practically being defunct now.  What am I suppose to do?  Keeping the old email address attached to this account is highly inconvenient and what is the point of the username change option if it doesn't work?

I'll be honest in that I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding names.

Your best bet for account related questions will be a Customer Support Ticket.

[REVY]
Members
9,651 posts
7,316 battles
20 hours ago, Ahskance said:

I'll be honest in that I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding names.

My username.  Account Settings offers the chance to change user name, but every time I do, it just reverts back to my older username without my consent and warns me I've changed my username twice since 11/06/2022 and I'm only allowed one more change.

1834722359_ChangeUserName.thumb.jpg.c527a58ccb616ef8a3bd0121f33f46d9.jpg

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
25 minutes ago, Royeaux said:

My username.  Account Settings offers the chance to change user name, but every time I do, it just reverts back to my older username without my consent and warns me I've changed my username twice since 11/06/2022 and I'm only allowed one more change.

1834722359_ChangeUserName.thumb.jpg.c527a58ccb616ef8a3bd0121f33f46d9.jpg

I don't believe you can alter your Forum Username to be independent of your WoWs Account Name.  This might be something to discuss with Customer Support.

[REVY]
Members
9,651 posts
7,316 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

I don't believe you can alter your Forum Username to be independent of your WoWs Account Name.  This might be something to discuss with Customer Support.

Odd they would even have the option on the forums when it can't do anything.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
1 minute ago, Royeaux said:

Odd they would even have the option on the forums when it can't do anything.

More likely that forum software is being used and has been adapted to work with our system.  The independent username option could be from the base software itself.