Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dabot8

Airstrike

6 comments in this topic

[USN-W]
[USN-W]
Members
488 posts
13,170 battles

Why have different ranged airstrikes, make them all 10k.  They are coming from land not the ships themselves, the most likely plane for the airstrike would have been the PBY with a cruising range of 4000k.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,664 battles

Let's not try to get too realistic here! I mean, this is only an arcade game loosely based on real Navies and their performance...

[NWNG]
Members
3,939 posts
6,138 battles
50 minutes ago, dabot8 said:

Why have different ranged airstrikes, make them all 10k.  They are coming from land not the ships themselves, the most likely plane for the airstrike would have been the PBY with a cruising range of 4000k.

For the US, and her allies? Sure. But I doubt US gave PBY's to Japan and Germany...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

Japanese bombers could easily match the range of the pby... dunno if they had air dropped dc's though

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles
5 hours ago, SKurj said:

Japanese bombers could easily match the range of the pby... dunno if they had air dropped dc's though

The Japanese thought that the Western races were decadent, easily spooked, and not suited for submarine warfare. It was more likely that this was race propaganda going too far, but the Nihon Kaigun didn't take submarines seriously until it was far too late. By the time they thought up air-dropped depth charges, we had killed all their good pilots.

[_BDA_]
Members
906 posts
14,565 battles
5 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

For the US, and her allies? Sure. But I doubt US gave PBY's to Japan and Germany...

Japan had the Kawanishi H8K (Emily) with a range of over 4,000 miles.  Germany had the Fw 200 (Condor) with a range of 2,200 miles.  

Sign in to follow this