Ahskance

DevBlog 389 - New Unique Upgrades – Closed Testing

15 comments in this topic

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,915 battles

So this is why you ignored my question in the stream the other day.. 😂👍

quick question, kinda a dumb one or I may have missed it a long time ago. But will RB/Steel ships get these unique upgrades? 

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles

While it makes sense to wait to introduce upgrades for newer ships, as there is likely more time needed to gather data to assist the devs in deciding just what they want the unique upgrade to tweak, there is one seemingly glaring omission from the list:

What about Alexander Nevsky?

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,915 battles
18 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

While it makes sense to wait to introduce upgrades for newer ships, as there is likely more time needed to gather data to assist the devs in deciding just what they want the unique upgrade to tweak, there is one seemingly glaring omission from the list:

What about Alexander Nevsky?

the nevsky is perfect in all regards! no need for a unique upgrade

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,907 battles

Why none for Goliath? She's older than a lot of the ships on that list and has none. Nevermore pointed out Nevsky too.

It would be good to revisit some of the older modules, a number are simply bad choices and very unbalanced. That said since the modules were put behind RB I've not bought a single one that way, missions in the ships to get the module for that ship made a lot of sense, but the RB is waay too expensive and in competition with ships that are far more interesting than a low quality tweaking-stats module (looking at you Daring's rubbish one).

]I honestly thought WG had given up on these since I can only assume the uptake since you slapped them behind a 19,200 RB wall has fallen off a cliff.

[RVNHQ]
Members
823 posts
16,642 battles

At first read I was excited until I realize all of these will be locked behind RB.

[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
668 posts
3,097 battles

If I recall correctly WG said a couple of months ago on the CC discord that new legendary upgrades were coming at the same time or after support CVs come out but it looks like that this is no longer the case

Glad they are in development though

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
5 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

At first read I was excited until I realize all of these will be locked behind RB.

well at least now you can earn rb just playing the game, even if you haven't unlocked it.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,783 posts
14,443 battles
7 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Hello, Captains!

A new DevBlog has been posted here: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/389  

Please leave any feedback you have here. 

Thank you!

A little hard to give feedback when all we know are the ships. That said, I hope variations on these become Special Ships later on.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,783 posts
14,443 battles
4 hours ago, Elijah2159 said:

If I recall correctly WG said a couple of months ago on the CC discord that new legendary upgrades were coming at the same time or after support CVs come out but it looks like that this is no longer the case

Glad they are in development though

Or the Support CVs are coming sooner than you realize...

[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
668 posts
3,097 battles
36 minutes ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Or the Support CVs are coming sooner than you realize...

Well they're haven't been any devblogs on them (they said that they were going back to the drawing board) and on top of that, it wasn't in the roadmap (but then again the Pan-American cruisers weren't on the roadmap either so I could be wrong)

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles
17 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Hello, Captains!

A new DevBlog has been posted here: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/389  

Please leave any feedback you have here. 

Thank you!

Ooohhh, new UUs coming? Well, well...

cIeKBZG.gif.d6e1450211a4a8b4a568f26df2bb84a0.gif

[BOTES]
[BOTES]
Members
172 posts
19,311 battles

While this is a pleasant surprise, I can only imagine that maybe 3 at most of the upgrades will be worth it, while the others will be very situational (like HIV or YY) or straight up bad (like Daring or Montana). All in all the UU should go back to being straight upgrades for players who have managed to unlock them (or grind them back in the day), rather than side-grades at best, and some really need either major buffs or be completely redone (not saying reworked, we all know how WG treats that word).

As a side note, anything that goes into slot 5 is almost always worthless compared to Concealment

Sign in to follow this