You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

[S-X-S]
Members
59 posts
6,940 battles

Something has to be done about these 3 and 4 subs per team. Matches with 3-4 subs and 2 CVs are very common any more. A hard limit of 1 sub and 1 cv needs to come into the game ASAP. Both class have little to no way to interact with them or to do damage to them at while they can inflect damage to your ship.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Members
2,766 posts

Something IS being done about the amount of troll boats per team, but it's me that's doing it! My apathy toward a match is directly proportional to the amount of troll boats in the match - the higher their numbers, the higher my apathy. I've found that this helps preserve some shreds of enjoyment of game-play, though, admittedly, it's a rather short amount of game-play. I also feel like I'm following the lead of WG who themselves have a quite apathetic view of such match line-ups.

This seems to be working fine for WG as the game is showing steady growth and good retention from pandemic highs...

WoWsNAserver2022-11.thumb.jpg.755df620c0feb13a39c70f5e051f71e4.jpg

• Sad 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

This seems to be working fine for WG as the game is showing steady growth and good retention from pandemic highs...

did you forget the /s 

because that is exactly NOT what that population graph shows...

Members
2,766 posts
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

I was being positive in my statement, as facts are less important that feelings and expressions. If boys can be girls and black can be white, then the graph can show robust health and vitality!

;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,879 posts
27,102 battles
3 hours ago, JTM78 said:

Something has to be done about these 3 and 4 subs per team.

Apparently players have learned that subs do poorly in coop and they can't (thankfully) play in current OPs. That leaves Randoms. And it is probably a feedback loop. The more subs and CVs in randoms, the more players driving prey ships decide to do something else (coop, ops, or something other than WOWS) for the day (or beyond). So you get even more MM dumps.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles
13 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Apparently players have learned that subs do poorly in coop and they can't (thankfully) play in current OPs. That leaves Randoms. And it is probably a feedback loop. The more subs and CVs in randoms, the more players driving prey ships decide to do something else (coop, ops, or something other than WOWS) for the day (or beyond). So you get even more MM dumps.

It's funny that a BB, CRUISER,  or DD can sit in QUE past the 5 min mark waiting for a match, but thecprotected classes don't. 

[CVA16]
Members
8,879 posts
27,102 battles
36 minutes ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

It's funny that a BB, CRUISER,  or DD can sit in QUE past the 5 min mark waiting for a match, but thecprotected classes don't. 

Are you sure? I assumed they (at least some of them) had been waiting for a while MM to find a match to drop them into and finally got dumped into a single battle. 

[VORTX]
Members
877 posts
12,482 battles
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Something IS being done about the amount of troll boats per team, but it's me that's doing it! My apathy toward a match is directly proportional to the amount of troll boats in the match - the higher their numbers, the higher my apathy. I've found that this helps preserve some shreds of enjoyment of game-play, though, admittedly, it's a rather short amount of game-play. I also feel like I'm following the lead of WG who themselves have a quite apathetic view of such match line-ups.

Hate to say it, but I do too. Treating the game like pure arcade shooter helps a lot. Unfortunate it also robs the game of the depth that I require as well. May as well play coop.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
16 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Hate to say it, but I do too. Treating the game like pure arcade shooter helps a lot. Unfortunate it also robs the game of the depth that I require as well. May as well play coop.

well the graph also shows that for many, they just spend their time elsewhere.  and yet the graphs for the other servers aren't as bad...

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles
5 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Are you sure? I assumed they (at least some of them) had been waiting for a while MM to find a match to drop them into and finally got dumped into a single battle. 

Que dumps are for CV and Subs...

I've sat 8 minutes in a cruiser waiting for a match.

[WPP]
Members
3 posts
14,137 battles
On 11/7/2022 at 7:20 AM, JTM78 said:

Something has to be done about these 3 and 4 subs per team. Matches with 3-4 subs and 2 CVs are very common any more. A hard limit of 1 sub and 1 cv needs to come into the game ASAP. Both class have little to no way to interact with them or to do damage to them at while they can inflect damage to your ship.

Glad this thread has been started, because I came here to post this EXACT same subject.
I 100% agree there needs to be a hard limit on Subs/CVs per side/per match.  

I am NOT certain if that number is 1/1 ... but I have had multiple matches this morning (on Randoms) that had 3 /1 per side (i/e/ 3 Subs and 1 CV) and I can EMPHATICLY tell you ... 3/1 is not the answer.  
Or ... at the very least, if it remains 3/1 I'll not be playing any more randoms.  A sub, or even 2 on their own is annoying, but can be dealt with, or at least semi avoided ... But 3 Subs "AND" as CV is simply Cancerous. 

I'm sure the Subs had fun, and I'm pretty sure the CVs had fun ... but NO ONE else on the team did.  We were ALL MAD

So ... WG ... PLEASE look at this subject closely.

Might be the answer is 1/1 or even 2/1 ... but 3/1 is WAY to much

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
20 minutes ago, Revealer said:

Glad this thread has been started, because I came here to post this EXACT same subject.
I 100% agree there needs to be a hard limit on Subs/CVs per side/per match.  

I am NOT certain if that number is 1/1 ... but I have had multiple matches this morning (on Randoms) that had 3 /1 per side (i/e/ 3 Subs and 1 CV) and I can EMPHATICLY tell you ... 3/1 is not the answer.  
Or ... at the very least, if it remains 3/1 I'll not be playing any more randoms.  A sub, or even 2 on their own is annoying, but can be dealt with, or at least semi avoided ... But 3 Subs "AND" as CV is simply Cancerous. 

I'm sure the Subs had fun, and I'm pretty sure the CVs had fun ... but NO ONE else on the team did.  We were ALL MAD

So ... WG ... PLEASE look at this subject closely.

Might be the answer is 1/1 or even 2/1 ... but 3/1 is WAY to much

There are restrictions which allow for a maximum number of Destroyers/Submarines, however the restriction is tied to an amount of waiting in Queue.

If someone has been waiting in queue long enough then the restrictions are softened and you can see abnormal matches.  This is not uncommon during off-hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[ARR0W]
Members
6,148 posts
32,910 battles
On 11/7/2022 at 9:24 AM, SKurj said:

did you forget the /s 

Time for WoWS Classic to rescue the game. 

And to answer the OP's point: the longest standing pervasive MM issue is BB overpopulation. 

• Meh 1

[KUK-M]
[KUK-M]
Members
534 posts
46,185 battles

Get over it.  Never gone to:

1. make everyone happy
  2. be a perfect match maker.
  3. be everyone with a +50% win rate.

Learn to:

disapo.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
On 11/7/2022 at 6:24 PM, Pretty_Rkless said:

Que dumps are for CV and Subs...

I've sat 8 minutes in a cruiser waiting for a match.

The word is "queue", not "que".  A queue is a line, such as an MM queue.  Que in Spanish means "what".  

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Que in Spanish means "what".  

As in "What the **** has matchmaker done now?" :Smile_trollface:

• Sad 1