Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Malted Milkshake

13 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I took my new Coal ship, the Malta, out into Randoms today. I think I did OK with it, especially with a three-point commander. I just wish my teams had been a bit better.

I like the way the torpedo spread doesn't change with maneuvering, although it does spread out from the drop. The rockets seem easy to get hits with and the bombs too.

I actually got a "first blood" on a DD the last game with it using its rockets. It's been a while since I was able to sink a DD at the first of a match with a CV.

Half of my team was pretty good. Unfortunately, more of their team was.

image.thumb.png.d72df1db7a50cc5a31164b2707893219.png

I don't know what was going on with this team.

image.thumb.png.8d89b761ae525d010b13cfcd0ca1d55e.png

I seem to be doing a fair bit of damage with the ship, at least for me.

image.thumb.png.f831e161591ecaef25f0f5a9b57304e2.png

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[SUNK-]
Members
331 posts
8,229 battles

Is there suppose to be some joke here that I am missing? You took a level 3 commander, on a special ship, into a t10 match, and yet you are the one who was inconvenienced by poor team mates?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
17 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Is there suppose to be some joke here that I am missing? You took a level 3 commander, on a special ship, into a t10 match, and yet you are the one who was inconvenienced by poor team mates?

Uh, no, I'm talking about the Malta. I seem to be doing OK in it even though I have a low-level commander. I tend to come in at the relative position of my team that the other team's CV player does and am getting fairly good damage values with it too.  I'd like input from other players who also own the ship as to how they like it and how I might better play it. Heaven forbid though that someone should post a thread about CV game-play here.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles

Think his point Snarg is that you likely have any number of high point UK captains that you could have put in that CV instead of the three pointer it came with.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
9 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Think his point Snarg is that you likely have any number of high point UK captains that you could have put in that CV instead of the three pointer it came with.

I don't have many high-tier British ships. However, I did totally forget that the Malta is a premium! My Implacable commander is a 16 pointer. However with saved up eco bonuses my Malta commander is now level 8.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 minute ago, STILLDRE1976 said:

Pretty impressive Snarg 👍finishing 3rd place and 5th place in a CV in randoms is hard enough let alone with a three piont commander !!

I've always been amazed when players like like El2aZeR routinely come in at the top of their teams with CVs. I've rarely been able to break into the top five with them. Conversely, with my Massachusetts I'm disappointed if I'm not at the top or at least in the top three. I'm really trying to get better in CVs but I still find them hard to excel in.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles

Good XP in CV is a simple matter of taking out the DDs first.

I've notice Malta's torps are great for DDs as well as BBs caught broadside. DBs are best used on cruisers, with best results coming from bow-to-stern or vice versa bombing. Fighters are pretty much just for RNG of starting fires.

Have noticed Malta's DB and fighters seem to hit red CVs hard.

• Cool 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't have many high-tier British ships. However, I did totally forget that the Malta is a premium! My Implacable commander is a 16 pointer. However with saved up eco bonuses my Malta commander is now level 8.

How is your highest level Brit commander 16 points??? I have several 21 point Brit commanders including Cunningham and I haven't been playing the game nearly as long as others. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
15 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

How is your highest level Brit commander 16 points??? I have several 21 point Brit commanders including Cunningham and I haven't been playing the game nearly as long as others. 

Probably because I haven't played the British ship line much. Mostly, I play USN ships that I've learned some history about. Occasionally, I'll get a Coal ship when I have enough resources or grind out an Event ship if I have the time.

Sign in to follow this