You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree - 4 to 6 November 2022

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles

Did my naval battles, promoted my 10th 21-point commander since the commander rework (conveniently a binational!!), and selected the next candidate for promotion (Lutjens, not surprisingly). 

Rediscovered Flint and Atlanta. 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WPORT]
Members
20,595 posts
22,563 battles

Participated in Naval Battles.

Did missions/grinds in the Battle Pass and Japanese Light Cruiser event categories.

Welcomed the Tier-10 French Cruiser, the Henri IV, to my Port.

Posted in various forum topics, including some brief creative writing efforts in "If our commanders could talk..."
 https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/221037-if-our-commanders-could-talk/

Weekends are too short.  :-)

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,117 posts
35,137 battles

Just misc.

Spamming Velos.

Got griped at for smoking up and sitting to shoot, by a battleship I was actually shocked got killed.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[NG-NL]
Members
7,135 posts
12,554 battles

NBs as well. Subs' presence makes mid-tiers too cat-and-mouse for my fun, may simply free XP to the T8-9 in EU and FR DD lines. CVs I don't really care if see two of them but subs are just frustrating.

Took out Hindy and got a Double Strike.

Got credits enough I might buy the United States--need a super ship for the SS-only missions. Between her and Eagle, I should be reasonably set.

Malta and Nakhimov are rapidly becoming my new favorites in the high-tier campfest rubbish. Malta planes have just about the right toughness and Nakhimov's reckless playstyle suits me. Not having difficulty making money with them.

Of course, as is usual for my ships' maiden voyages, Nakhimov's first battle saw her pancaked and a losing team.

shot-22.11.05_11.20.25-0939.jpg

shot-22.11.06_17.36.23-0464.jpg

shot-22.11.05_13.54.55-0497.jpg

Edited by Reymu

[P-V-E]
Members
1,934 posts

I wiped out all my commander XP on Saturday getting a commander to 21pts, close to 1.5 million in all as they were almost on 18pts.

thankfully having wiped it out, I am now back up to 300k commander XP, so only another 900k to go before I can convert one more of the 19pt ones.

[ERK]
Members
953 posts
14,885 battles

Played Randoms for the first time in 2 months and got tilted AF, 5-10 on the evening trying to grind Cuniberti/Benson while trying to help get stars for NBs. Was completely and utterly unhappy the whole night with more games I think than what should be where it was upwards of 6 DD/sub combos per side. Ridiculous. I was also bottom tier in all but 4 games I think. Should be a hard limit of 3 DDs/subs no matter what, make'em wait.

Edited by Superczar
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
7,340 posts
16,186 battles

Terrible weekend game-wise. A lot of poor teams. Bad RNG for 2 days. I was straddling my target but only lucky enough to get one hit that caused damage in 9 out of ten salvos. This was with several ships in different Ops.

There was an unexpected exception, Cherry Blossom. We won all 3 CBs I played with 4 or 5 stars.

I did get 2 more tech tree ships, the HMS Surrey & the Riga. The Surrey is kinda "meh". I haven't tried the Riga yet, No T9 Ops.

In real life I thank God. Last year they found a cancerous pylop growing on a tumor in my duodenum. They removed the pylop. They got all the cancer but still monitor it. With my heart issues, they won't do surgery to remove the tumor unless it's absolutely necessary. I get an EGD & a CT scan every 6 months. Friday they did the scope. Everything looked good, no pylops. Waiting on the pathologist for the official word. The oncologist said it was one of the slowest-growing types of cancer.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 3

[HOP4S]
Members
6,966 posts
35,288 battles

Lets see.....  Gave up Naval Battles for Lent.   Played a lot of RO's and really, won  mostly with our five player division and two pick up players...  Finished ballistic testing on the 458 SOCOM for wild hog/Boar hunting coming up.  Worked on my 25 caliber Muzzle Loader as well.  I'm getting closer to solving the "small ball" paradox....  My 32's and larger calibers were never this complicated...! 

Other than that, found several collectable WW1 and WW2 books and one complete set from WW1 - can't wait to read them!   It's a lot of fun reading books written over a century ago........word use, humor and excepted social conventions stand out sometimes....

The game, well.........play the daily's and RO's and that's it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts

finally finished grinding baltimore (coop)

did my NB, actually did my cv's in random, due to less concern about risk and positioning, pretty simple win or lose to get 500bxp +.  i play NB when bxp starting point is that low, and that means i usually play the game more for the week as well (just for my port upgrades).  Looks like i will be playing again this week as it''s 10k damage to start

outside the game:...  picked up a new trailer to tow behind my mx-5 for long distance AutoX events...  10+hr drive to pick it up, and here we are early november and saw 21 degrees c on the trip.. last year i think we had snow early october..

[H_]
Members
993 posts
16,644 battles

Eh, mostly just Ops.. Picked up the Wichita, and Rupprecht..  Debating on the congress or maybe brandenburg.. 

Would like the ODIN but.. not available.

Ops games were fun usually just with 5 of us diving up and picking up 2.. 

Cut the grass and mulched up the leaves although after about 2 hours you could not tell i had already mulched.. LOL  Played "at" golf on Sunday, one of my worst rounds of the year.. Drove the ball well, putted decently but everything in between was horrible. But good company and it was a beautiful warm early November day..  

Changing the clock sucks.  :Smile_izmena:

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,276 posts
23,561 battles

Pretty good weekend completed all missions. Actually, did the super ship chain and it was not too bad. 

Naval battles.

Had a good amount of time for just fun. Lined up a bunch of tier 8 prem ships and just had fun.

Seemed to be a lot of subs in game this weekend, so they are filtering out to the wide player base.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
12 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I get an EGD & a CT scan every 6 months. Friday they did the scope. Everything looked good, no pylops. Waiting on the pathologist for the official word.

May all your negatives be true ones.

• Cool 1

[ERK]
Members
953 posts
14,885 battles

Maybe I ought to quit playing on the weekend. Tonight helped make up for the misery and disappointing failure of last night, I quit playing Randoms though after these 2 games, didn't want to ruin the good night:

11-7-22.png

Edited by Superczar

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
13 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Finished re-training Lutjens into Schlieffen. Bumped him to 21 points.

Probably his best spot. I was very tempted to put him there, but he's needed just as much where he is (Z-46) and he'd already been moved out of her once (at an earlier stage of his training, to grind FDG up to Kurfurst before the latter changed to a coal ship); moving him again seemed a bit of a waste. At least in T9 ships I'm actually grinding, he'll be used a lot.

[SYN]
Members
1,485 posts
12,490 battles

I've a few 21 point commanders (IJN, RN, USN, Pan-Asian), but I spend more of my ECXP on getting some of my commanders to 10 to 17. With the Yamagiri and tier5 ranked, I need more commanders who are sufficient.  Tier 5 ranked has cut into my ECXP earnings.