Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

Naval Battle results and rewards

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,371
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts

so this week again, my opponent was a no show... well they got one star.  The rules states the clan gets 50 oil per 10 stars..  ok so i have 20 stars, and can only get 3(6 if i doubled) more...  is there any point in getting those 3 more stars when i've likely already won the battle for the weekend, and i won't get any additional oil if i get 3 more stars.. or do they actually count for something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,074
[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles
Quote

Rewards
Oil is the main reward for the Naval Battle competition. It's earned by all participating Clans, depending on their level of activity.

Up to 800 Oil for the Preparation stage.
50 Oil for every 10 Stars in the Engagement.
If the Engagement stage is held in the Clan vs. Clan format, players will also receive the following rewards:

700 Oil for a victory
For a draw—400 Oil
For a defeat—300 Oil
At the group stage of the Engagement, each group has a certain number of Clans, which determines the total amount of Oil. Clans receive a portion of this Oil that depends on the Stars they earn and their place in the group. The Сlans that earn the most Stars receive the largest amount of Oil. The Clans that earn the fewest Stars in the group receive the smallest portion of the total amount of Oil, but not less than 300 Oil.

Any Oil earned during the Preparation stage and obtained for Stars will be added immediately, while Oil earned for the Engagement results will be added when the stage ends.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/clans/naval-battle-group-stage/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,371
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
12 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

yes that's what i read too, (this week was not a group stage though) so figured no point in playing those 3 extra matches, was wondering if wg had neglected to mention anything, that I hadn't noticed before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,074
[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles
49 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yes that's what i read too, (this week was not a group stage though) so figured no point in playing those 3 extra matches, was wondering if wg had neglected to mention anything, that I hadn't noticed before.

Well, for me and my Clan, it was worthwhile.  Your mileage may vary.  :-)

image_2022-11-07_092519584.thumb.png.05d03a4f21c0507947ff0a1a14890029.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,371
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well, for me and my Clan, it was worthwhile.  Your mileage may vary.  :-)

image_2022-11-07_092519584.thumb.png.05d03a4f21c0507947ff0a1a14890029.png
 

what i am saying is...  in your case if you had grabbed 2 more stars you would have earned another 50 oil... but lets say you grabbed 5 more stars... you would have grabbed 50 more oil for the 10stars=50oil... would the extra 3 stars have earned you anything?  i see nothing that indicates you would.  (i managed 1600 this week, and thats what I am getting at, was there any point to going past 20 stars, when i won't be able to reach 30)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,074
[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

what i am saying is...  in your case if you had grabbed 2 more stars you would have earned another 50 oil... but lets say you grabbed 5 more stars... you would have grabbed 50 more oil for the 10stars=50oil... would the extra 3 stars have earned you anything?  i see nothing that indicates you would.  (i managed 1600 this week, and thats what I am getting at, was there any point to going past 20 stars, when i won't be able to reach 30)

You're correct about "the math" being "the math".
Wringing 18 stars out of a total of 17 attempts was still something I wanted to do, anyway.  
Also, I figure that a last-minute effort by an opponent clan could turn the tide.  So, doing all I can in an effort to win is worth it, because a win pays more oil than a draw or a loss.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,371
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

You're correct about "the math" being "the math".
Wringing 18 stars out of a total of 17 attempts was still something I wanted to do, anyway.  
Also, I figure that a last-minute effort by an opponent clan could turn the tide.  So, doing all I can in an effort to win is worth it, because a win pays more oil than a draw or a loss.
 

yeah in my case that was highly unlikely due to timezones, and I won 20 vs 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,074
[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

yeah in my case that was highly unlikely due to timezones, and I won 20 vs 1

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×