You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Battle pass doesn't have much wiggle room if you miss a few days.

63 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,260 posts
26,520 battles

There's only 31 days left, I have 14 stages from every day so far. It's going to be close, you really can't miss a day or two.

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles

It's not about DAYS, it's about POINTS.

image.thumb.png.65d739654911fc4abe5aa2dbf578543b.png

Bear in mind that this patch, at five weeks, is longer than usual. The math will change in the next patch; IIRC you'll need 390 points for a four-week patch.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
7 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

There's only 31 days left, I have 14 stages from every day so far. It's going to be close, you really can't miss a day or two.

You need 490 point out of 750 max possible. I say there's enough wiggle room to miss more than a couple of days.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
13,134 battles

It's true, and one of the most overlooked things about the battle pass. I use to be able to hop on, knock out 4 or 5 coop games a day to complete the 1st 3 missions (90 competitions for the required 75) and get all my monthly rewards, minus the containers from the weekly missions.

Now if i want it all, it's about 12 games to finish the daily battle pass, not worth my time.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[DOG]
Members
155 posts
17,583 battles

The weekly missions can gain up to 80 points a week, the daily ones up to 10 points. So if you have five weekly and 35 daily missions to work from that is up to 750 points if you got all of them in this five week patch - so you really only need over 65% of the available points.

Now, the real challenge is that most of the points show up when you complete the mission chain as they give you the last point and the bonus on completion. Do not have the game open, so can’t comment on how important that last mission is to making the goal.

Edited by Riminisky

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
10 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

I use to be able to hop on, knock out 4 or 5 coop games a day to complete the 1st 3 missions (90 competitions for the required 75) and get all my monthly rewards, minus the containers from the weekly missions.

You were not getting all your monthly rewards, you were already wasting the juicer part of the daily rewards.  I haven't done the math but if you play the same as you did, you'll probably unlock equivalent rewards in the BP. 

13 minutes ago, Dadaan said:

Now if i want it all, it's about 12 games to finish the daily battle pass, not worth my time.

You don't need to complete the daily mission chain to complete the Battle Pass.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

You were not getting all your monthly rewards, you were already wasting the juicer part of the daily rewards.  I haven't done the math but if you play the same as you did, you'll probably unlock equivalent rewards in the BP. 

The pittance of steel?

It added up I suppose, but it wasn’t much. (This from someone with enough Steel for any of the current offerings, but who also doesn’t particularly care for any of them.)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The pittance of steel?

The old daily missions would give you 1200 steel a month.  The current battle pass offers the same.

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

True.  However, you could still earn all of the monthly rewards with a fairly small commitment to playing in the old system.  The new battle pass seems like that really isn't the case anymore.  Causal play won't get you very far into the rewards now, where as in the past you could still be decent amount of rewards with playing only a small number of games everyday.

• Cool 4

[ERK]
Members
958 posts
14,975 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

True.  However, you could still earn all of the monthly rewards with a fairly small commitment to playing in the old system.  The new battle pass seems like that really isn't the case anymore.  Causal play won't get you very far into the rewards now, where as in the past you could still be decent amount of rewards with playing only a small number of games everyday.

^ This right here. Casual players will no longer be handed a few nibbles, and you really gotta commit to the grind now, they will have to at least earn 18 levels before even seeing their first chunk of steel, and 15 levels for their first chunk of coal, and the totals for that are nowhere near what they would have earned with that many days of daily mission clearing, and if they give less effort than that now, you get nothing of note.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
3 minutes ago, Superczar said:

^ This right here. Casual players will no longer be handed a few nibbles, and you really gotta commit to the grind now, they will have to at least earn 18 levels before even seeing their first chunk of steel, and 15 levels for their first chunk of coal, and the totals for that are nowhere near what they would have earned with that many days of daily mission clearing, and if they give less effort than that now, you get nothing of note.

Yeah, the casual players will now get a pittance.  I don't think this will work out well for WG in the long run.  Remember, the overwhelming majority of people are causal players.

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

He was getting ALL the monthly rewards, but few of the dailies.

You used to be able to get all the monthly rewards for 2-3 coop games a day.  Plus all the sxp, fxp, and cxp for the first win of the day.  That doesn't exist any more.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[STW-A]
Members
305 posts
3 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Hey Cit_the_bed -

We'll need a new strategy for the new Battle Pass system.  Let's assume that you're looking for the big prize, in the Battle Pass system that would be level 50, so you'll need a total of 500 points (10 points per level) by the end of this update.

There are a total of 5 weeks during this update.  Let's say that you're able to complete the WEEKLY missions for each of the 5 weeks.  (That's 80 points per week for 2000 BXP, 3000 BXP, 4000 BXP, and then 5000 BXP in wins, 6000 BXP in wins, and finally 7000 BXP in wins.)  That's a total of 5 weeks x 80 points = 400 points.

The daily Battle Pass missions are 300 BXP, 500 BXP, 1000 BXP and then 1100 BXP in wins which gives you 1 point each (4 total).  And then 1200 BXP in wins, and finally 1300 BXP in wins to complete the daily for an additional 6 points.  That gives a total of 10 points maximum per day (but notice how the LAST 2 missions are worth more points than the FIRST 4 missions.)  Since we are short 100 points for the big prize, that would be 10 days.

So to get ALL the prizes, including the big prize, we'll need to complete all 5 of the weekly missions by playing at least 2 days per week where we also complete the daily Battle Pass missions of those days.   That's a minimum.

• Thanks 1

[V1-PI]
Members
482 posts
12,812 battles

I have already accepted that I will get less of everything as the game goes on. It seems to be in the plan and the  spread sheet. I can play 3 to 4 games in the morning ( 5:20 am to 6:00 am ) in co op and 3 to 4 random or clan stuff of an evening. .

So I bet I will be losing out onthe some stuff. I also don't expect WG or anyone else to care,

WG will push this trend till I get fed up and play something else that will never be a WG product again. 

The problem is I don't think they ( WG) understand that if we are driven away from a game we tend to also not want anything to do with the company any more. So no matter how cool the next WG game is after they drive me away I will never play one of those games again. 

This is from the perspective of someone who started with D& D when it was 3 Brown books and the rules for chainmale. I have playtested many games at conventions as well as at the mensa game con in PA. A mix of table top, role playing and others. The games that last and make bank work with the players to make the game better. For computer games borderlands series comes to mind. Full thrust for miniature space ship is another. I can say I'm running that at any convention and fill up as much time as I want to play. The war at sea miniatures game is the same. I hope WG looks to them as this could be a great game and a money maker if the do it right. Note right isn't necessarily my ideal but the players. Because I with no players there is no game. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
24 minutes ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Let's say that you're able to complete the WEEKLY missions for each of the 5 weeks. 

(Let me sort of springboard off this comment.  None of what I'm about to saying is arguing with what you've said.)  This is the problem, you need to commit to a lot of play every week.  If you don't, you won't get much out of this new system.  This reminds me of every other event, early access, dockyard, and so on.  I ignore all of these events because I just can't commit to that kind of time (also, I don't want to spend that amount of time playing video games).  The old system worked for me because it allowed to me to play as a causal and still earn stuff every month.  That helped keep me coming back to play.  This new battle pass system is just one more thing chipping away at my desire to play this game.  I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this.

It's sort of funny.  WG sees their monetization of all of these grindy events isn't working anymore, so what do they do?  Switch to another grindy monetization scheme. :Smile_facepalm:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,848 posts
30,536 battles
34 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

I have already accepted that I will get less of everything as the game goes on. It seems to be in the plan and the  spread sheet. I can play 3 to 4 games in the morning ( 5:20 am to 6:00 am ) in co op and 3 to 4 random or clan stuff of an evening. .

So I bet I will be losing out onthe some stuff. I also don't expect WG or anyone else to care,

Wargaming actually cured me of my "completion compulsion" in games. That first Dockyard event really was the slap in the face for me to realize that the game wasn't worth that much of my time.  Since then, I just farm the easiest rewards and ignore everything else. I don't need every ship nor every premium ship. It really was shocking that one of the WeeGees actually said on stream that he wouldn't be doing the event because he had a job.... It was pretty repugnant but told me everything I needed to know about Wargaming as a company and the quality of the people they hired. In the end, I am grateful for that though since I spend far more time doing what I enjoy with people I love. 

34 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

This is from the perspective of someone who started with D& D when it was 3 Brown books and the rules for chainmale. I have playtested many games at conventions as well as at the mensa game con in PA. A mix of table top, role playing and others. The games that last and make bank work with the players to make the game better. For computer games borderlands series comes to mind. Full thrust for miniature space ship is another. I can say I'm running that at any convention and fill up as much time as I want to play. The war at sea miniatures game is the same. I hope WG looks to them as this could be a great game and a money maker if the do it right. Note right isn't necessarily my ideal but the players. Because I with no players there is no game. 

LOL I just found my box in the barn of D&D, AD&D, and other assorted game stuff. I still have those Chainmail rules but it may be a second edition with the silver cover and spiral binding. My D&D set was boxed so it was a later version of the brown books.  My memories of those days are awesome, not because the games were especially great, but because of being around all my friends and other people who enjoyed the games I did. Computer gaming will never have that kind of fellowship no matter how hard they push the "community" narrative. It is as fake as people's Facebook friends and Twitter followers. The modern computer/video gaming industry isn't about making a good product, it is about making a product that keeps players wasting their time and money on one product. Addiction is their specialty and money is their motivation. Innovation is irrelevant, fun is extraneous, only engagement, play time, and money matter. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Thanks 2

Members
29 posts
5,333 battles

I am retired and spend most of my time on WoW. 

I bought the premier battle pass for the series.

There are 49 slots to complete. They only allow access to one slot per day. Only 30 days to complete.

How do you complete 49 dailies in 30 days?

The only way I see of completing is through dubloons; is this is a rip off or am I missing something?

Edited by Captain_Niagara

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,848 posts
30,536 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Niagara said:

I am retired and spend most of my time on WoW.  This battle pass seems like a scam to me! 

There are 49 slots to complete. They only allow access to one slot per day. Only 30 days to complete.

The only way I see of completing is through dubloons; is this is a rip off or am I missing something?

Doubloons won't help you advance unless you buy the big package for 6k. Even then it just gives you more missions to complete for more tokens. So it is a grind like every other event in the game. 

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
13,134 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You used to be able to get all the monthly rewards for 2-3 coop games a day.  Plus all the sxp, fxp, and cxp for the first win of the day.  That doesn't exist any more.

That's what i meant, you just said it better then me, thanks!

[CAP]
Members
1,020 posts
24,883 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Niagara said:

I am retired and spend most of my time on WoW. 

I bought the premier battle pass for the series.

This battle pass seems like a bit of a scam to me!

While you can earn 10 pts per day; you get another 80 pts per week from the weekly mission.  So 5 weekly missions gives you 400 pts and 7 daily mission chains per week give you another 350-ish?

If you can complete the weekly missions every week, then you only need to complete 10 daily mission chains to get the 500 needed points.

Members
29 posts
5,333 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Doubloons won't help you advance unless you buy the big package for 6k. Even then it just gives you more missions to complete for more tokens. So it is a grind like every other event in the game. 

Actually, you can accelerate with dubloons. But, you need to accelerate +/- 11 days at a cost of about 7, 000 dubloons to do it!

Edited by Captain_Niagara

Members
29 posts
5,333 battles
1 minute ago, Jitta77 said:

While you can earn 10 pts per day; you get another 80 pts per week from the weekly mission.  So 5 weekly missions gives you 400 pts and 7 daily mission chains per week give you another 350-ish?

If you can complete the weekly missions every week, then you only need to complete 10 daily mission chains to get the 500 needed points.

When is this weekly mission?

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I get the loss of the XP, FXP, CXP can be meaningful for some players, I honestly don't give it too much value because I can gain as much from a single PvP match.

Are you sure you won't get the equivalent of the monthly rewards out of th BP playing just 2-3 Coop games a day?

[CAP]
Members
1,020 posts
24,883 battles
11 minutes ago, Captain_Niagara said:

I honestly don't know if it resets on monday's or wednesdays.  I think it reset on patch day (wed) but I completed it already so I don't see it in my missions section.  I'm a daily missions / 3 containers complete per day player (Tier 2 boosts to finish in 7-9 games COOP/Ranked/Random).  Was working on the super ship nonsense.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,250 posts
21,738 battles
13 minutes ago, Captain_Niagara said:

New ones every Wednesday. If it's not listed in the Battle Pass section right now, then you've already completed it.

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I get the loss of the XP, FXP, CXP can be meaningful for some players, I honestly don't give it too much value because I can gain as much from a single PvP match.

Are you sure you won't get the equivalent of the monthly rewards out of th BP playing just 2-3 Coop games a day?

2-3 co-op games will get you the first two dailies done each day, that's 2 points a day, 70 over the course of this 5 week patch.  You'd get a few more points out of the weekly missions too.  Just guessing, you might get 10 levels completed.  That won't be much in the way of rewards, no coal,research points, or steel.