You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

What did I do?

36 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles

Some people have no humor I guess, I just made a light hearted comment because this player's name has the word funk in it and references a famous Funk band. 

At first I thought he was just joking but he actually gave me bad karma... lots of angry people today in chat, kinda scary to think that's the world we are living. 

pIKEdpl.png

Gbod0F1.png

cnXAcUW.png

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,712 posts
13,114 battles

I had something similar happen to me. 

It had to do with the name too.

I say don't have an interesting name and then get bent out of shape when someone notices.

Let me guess...it was Funkadelic?

Edited by MN1234
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
6 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

I had something similar happen to me. 

It had to do with the name too.

I say don't have an interesting name and then get bent out of shape when someone notices.

Let me guess...it was Funkadelic?

LOL... yes, looks like the same guy!!! 

So weird... 

[SUB4]
Members
1,712 posts
13,114 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

LOL... yes, looks like the same guy!!! 

So weird... 

I know my funk! Lo

• Funny 1

Members
4,784 posts
16,599 battles

They probably just disagree with you on something on the forum. Probably your sub support. 

Ive run into a few players like that.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
1 minute ago, Rollingonit said:

They probably just disagree with you on something on the forum. Probably your sub support. 

I've met in Battle guys that disagree with me here, but usually we joke about it and have a good time. Knowing someone from the Forum give both of us a common ground, it is a shame some guys can't get pass having different opinions... 

[SUB4]
Members
1,712 posts
13,114 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

I've met in Battle guys that disagree with me here, but usually we joke about it and have a good time. Knowing someone from the Forum give both of us a common ground, it is a shame some guys can't get pass having different opinions... 

It's the tribal instinct that has been resurfacing lately.

Tribe is more important that truth.

• Cool 5

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

ArIskander a bad player…

Let me check noodle translate.

Ah…

ArIskander didn’t play the way I wanted, so I look good, therefore ArIskander is a bad player.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

ArIskander a bad player…

Let me check noodle translate.

Ah…

ArIskander didn’t play the way I wanted, so I look good, therefore ArIskander is a bad player.

It was interesting because it was right out of the gate, like the first thing that was said in chat... I didn't even had the chance to dissapoint no one :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,096 posts
17,227 battles
23 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

I too have been randomly told that I “suck” by someone in game, completely out of the blue. I can only assume it had to do with something I said in these forums in response to said player’s typical :etc_swear:stirring.

I just rolled by eyes and moved on.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles

"One time, at Béarn camp ...."

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Some people have no humor I guess, I just made a light hearted comment because this player's name has the word funk in it and references a famous Funk band. 

At first I thought he was just joking but he actually gave me bad karma... lots of angry people today in chat, kinda scary to think that's the world we are living. 

pIKEdpl.png

Gbod0F1.png

cnXAcUW.png

Maybe he was referencing your puns,?

Clearly his definition of bad and mine are worlds apart.

• Funny 1

[-AGW-]
Members
754 posts
47,284 battles

Grand Funk - when music didn't use Auto-tune or lipsync

Edited by Musket22
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,939 posts
6,129 battles
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

pIKEdpl.png

Gbod0F1.png

cnXAcUW.png

Replay or it didn't happen *as I ignore the screenshots for reasons*:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[WOLFH]
Members
1,527 posts
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Strangely enough, some people get upset when a person repeatedly ridicules the name they have chosen.

[VAE]
Members
26 posts
32,341 battles

Yeah I played a couple of games with & against this guy, seems he has anger issues. Started 1 match laying into player on opposite team for being a crap player, only to get sunk early while the red player went on to about 2nd or 3rd in his (winning) team. 

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,449 posts
13,933 battles

My name came from when I was in the Navy. My brother sent a letter to my barracks with the correct room number but addressed to "Admiral Swervenkill". It rhymed with my name so was pretty funny but apparently the barracks petty officer didn't think so because he sent it back. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
10 hours ago, Bill1923 said:

Strangely enough, some people get upset when a person repeatedly ridicules the name they have chosen.

Ridicule? Why a person would think that? ... it is not meant to ridicule the player, It's being playful. 

A few days ago I shared a match with a player named Grabthar, first thing I do of course is to type on chat "by Grabthar's hammer!", The guy answers "what a savings"... We all laughed and had a fun time. It works like that, it isn't intended to ridicule. 

If your IGN references some common cultural knowledge, you shouldn't be surprised if people echoes that.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
11 hours ago, Bill1923 said:

Ridicule?  Where? 

[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles
4 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

My name came from when I was in the Navy. My brother sent a letter to my barracks with the correct room number but addressed to "Admiral Swervenkill". It rhymed with my name so was pretty funny but apparently the barracks petty officer didn't think so because he sent it back. 

I admit I've been curious about your name.
Thanks for sharing the story.  It's much better than my hypotheses ever were.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
926 posts
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Ridicule? Why a person would think that? ... it is not meant to ridicule the player, It's being playful. 

A few days ago I shared a match with a player named Grabthar, first thing I do of course is to type on chat "by Grabthar's hammer!", The guy answers "what a savings"... We all laughed and had a fun time. It works like that, it isn't intended to ridicule. 

If your IGN references some common cultural knowledge, you shouldn't be surprised if people echoes that.

Your idea of being playful is not everyone else idea of playful.

Just like your love of Pig Boats is not indicative of what other's love.

In fact one could construe this thread as a drama thread looking for attention. I am sure this is not your intent BUT not everyone is you and see's things your way.

You poked and poked and poked and got a response, what did you expect in PvP? 

Cirran

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
1 minute ago, Cirran said:

In fact one could construe this thread as a drama thread looking for attention. I am sure this is not your intent BUT not everyone is you and see's things your way.

It is looking to be funny. A lot of interesting, weird and funny situations happens during matches, I'm sharing with fellow players in the same vein you go to drink some beers after a sports game with your team mates and recap and laugh about moments in the match. 

5 minutes ago, Cirran said:

You poked and poked and poked and got a response, what did you expect in PvP? 

Poked? really? how sensitive one needs to be to think like that? ... It isn't like I expect anything, I just found the reaction funny enough to share it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1