Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Your thoughts on the HMS Surrey

3 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
7,372 posts
16,186 battles

The Fiji is the only RN ship, so far that I've found fun to play. The others are so-so IMO. Needless to say but I will anyway, the RN CAs haven't been high on my list.

I just picked up the Surrey. I've ran a Raptor Rescue, Cherry Blossom & Narai with the Surrey. I do alright but not anywhere near some of my other CAs.

Am I judging too harshly because I favor CLs in most Ops?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles

Surrey is passable, but if you want a RN Heavy Cruiser for Operations, you may as well bring Tier VIII Albemarle.  Regardless, you have to be real careful on the Citadels with these ships.  But if you're grinding to get Albemarle, then just tough it out.  She's fine, but there's way better Cruisers in Tier VIII, especially Heavy Cruisers.  The one benefit Surrey has is Repair Party.  Even for Tier VIII ships, Repair Party isn't standard access for all the Cruiser Lines.  Only a few have it as a general feature.  The fantastic Mainz, Bayard for example do not have Repair Party, so any damage they suffer, they're getting none of it back.

I've taken Albemarle a few times into Ops and she's a good ship.  She also has improved Repair Party.  Her AA is also actually pretty decent, so if you get an Op with aircraft, she can do a good job swatting planes.

[TDRB]
Members
7,372 posts
16,186 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Surrey is passable, but if you want a RN Heavy Cruiser for Operations, you may as well bring Tier VIII Albemarle.  Regardless, you have to be real careful on the Citadels with these ships.  But if you're grinding to get Albemarle, then just tough it out.  She's fine, but there's way better Cruisers in Tier VIII, especially Heavy Cruisers.  The one benefit Surrey has is Repair Party.  Even for Tier VIII ships, Repair Party isn't standard access for all the Cruiser Lines.  Only a few have it as a general feature.  The fantastic Mainz, Bayard for example do not have Repair Party, so any damage they suffer, they're getting none of it back.

I've taken Albemarle a few times into Ops and she's a good ship.  She also has improved Repair Party.  Her AA is also actually pretty decent, so if you get an Op with aircraft, she can do a good job swatting planes.

I'm grinding for the Albemarle so I'll have to stick it out or use FXP, which is unlikely.

The Surrey isn't a port queen but she isn't that exciting either. I was hoping I was overlooking something.

Sign in to follow this