Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zeke3

Owns Musashi with 395 games?

17 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
113 posts
16,784 battles

Just played in a match where our Musashi was our team's top performer.   Checking his stats, he's played 395 games.   How can he own a Musashi, one I wish I had for a very long time.

• Meh 1

Members
38 posts
12,629 battles
24 minutes ago, zeke3 said:

How can he own a Musashi, one I wish I had for a very long time.

Spent some money on doublons and made a good bid on the auction this summer  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/lighthouse-auction-musashi/

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles

Could've played those games a long time ago. Just because he has a low number of games doesn't mean they were all played recently.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles

Couple options I can think of:

Mega whaled (or got really lucky) on the Christmas crates last December 

Bought it from the auction this summer

Reroll (resets your stats and a lot of your account, but things bought with money or no longer obtainable stay)

Server transfer (keeps everything, but the account registration changes to the date of transfer)

Alternately, as Lert said it could have been that those battles were played back when Musashi could still be purchased. 

• Cool 2

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,818 battles

1: co-op main with 5 digit co-op games over several years.

2: spent more money than sense over the summer

3: lucky git pulled this from his first supercontainer.

• Cool 2

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,145 battles
6 hours ago, zeke3 said:

Just played in a match where our Musashi was our team's top performer.   Checking his stats, he's played 395 games.   How can he own a Musashi, one I wish I had for a very long time.

Well, at least he performed well instead of dragging your team down.

Maybe it's a second account and he's a seasoned vet?

• Cool 1

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
8 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

Reroll

5 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Reroll (resets your stats and a lot of your account, but things bought with money or no longer obtainable stay)

Server transfer (keeps everything, but the account registration changes to the date of transfer)

Alternately, as Lert said it could have been that those battles were played back when Musashi could still be purchased. 

I thought if you did a reroll you lost everything? Not planning on doing it, I don't care about stats, but I guess I was confused as usual...

It wasn't me, I'm still terrible in my Musashi, lol...

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,974 battles
13 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

Reroll

10 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

That would be a reset not a reroll, which is a new/second account.

[BTLST]
Members
23 posts
4,536 battles

I fit somewhere in this boat. I have only played a little over 1,100 random battles in total over the last seven years. No resets, no second accounts. I am an Ops and Co-op main, and also heavily participate in the PVP special events, i.e. Savage Battles, Twilight Battles, etc.

I picked up the Musashi back in 2018 for 750k FXP. And I achieved my very first and only Kraken (so far) with the Musashi just eight months ago, and frequently place in the top 3 standings whenever I play it in Randoms. I've played a grand total of 92 random battles with the Musashi since I've acquired it.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
22 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Musashi could never be bought directly for money; it was coal or FXP only, just as Missouri was FXP only. This is why a lot of people missed out on Missouri; they were relatively new to the game and didn't even have enough elite ship XP to convert.

Members
494 posts
11,482 battles

I got the Mush with fxp and I don’t have 400 games in it. It can be a trollish ship with wonky dispersion and absolutely no defense if a tX cv so much as sneezes in your direction.  But tVII MM is amusing if you can get it.

Edited by cthuhulu

[WOLFX]
Members
199 posts
1,537 battles

I got one in Santa Crates last year at Christmas and only had about that many games at the time I think. There was also a lighthouse auction this year. Lighthouse auctions are an amazing opportunity, best reason to log into the game regularly so you don't miss them. Got a Belfast from an auction (unfortunately I am terrible at cruisers but it's a reason to learn).

Other reasons they might have the ship have been pointed out as well. Bigger question than why a 300 game player could have it is why a 16,000 game player wouldn't know how they could have it...

Sign in to follow this