You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

Do Coal Containers drop less coal? pt. 9

15 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
Members
3,939 posts
6,129 battles

Been awhile since someone reached a lovely milestone. This time @awexomeguy is the one who reached 100 containers recorded. All for the sake of completion, and fairness (wouldn't want anyone feeling left out, because I got lazy to do a 100 milestone post), so we can have a clear side-by-side of everyone at 100. So let us go over his numbers. But as always, the current container count of all, whom I have a data sheet for, even if it is still at 0. Next update will either be one of the following: 1) Another reaches 100 containers recorded. 2) Someone reaches 500 [least likely]. 3) 2333 total containers collected.

As always, links to previous part, and the spreadsheet. This is where I have gotten lazy, because I'm not linking only 1 thread back, instead of all the threads at once...

Part 8
Spreadsheet

Mine: 243
MidnightPhoenix07: 204
iDuckman: 172
Ensign_Cthulhu: 48 (After first appearing in Part 2, he has finally recorded some data. Next batch of data, unknown, but he can take his time as he sees fit. And if all we get is 48, then so be it, some things are more important after, and I don't blame him for focusing on those).
Lert: 148
SirPent13: 208
@awexomeguy: 100 (man of the hour this time)
Pseudovector: 229
Colonel_Potter: 262
OnociTsalk: 0 (I still have his partial data, which is still fun to look at, even if it can't be used in the total)
Total: 1614

awexomeguy100.thumb.jpg.59a3d491f98379db2fd670fcd13db6af.jpg

Well he's certainly a lucky goose, being at the high end of the acceptable margin of error, with that Coal Average. Literally going any higher, will put him above the margin of error.
He's on point for coal drop in slot 2, and coal drop in slot 3 is well above the acceptable 2%, at 4%.Which is nice, but that does mean one drop suffers greatly, and in this instance, Elite Commander Experience drop in slot 3 suffers, being at -5%.

All drops in slot 2 are within margin of error, off credits and econ bonus being off by 1% in opposite directions.

combined1614.thumb.jpg.3bb233a008956b815f3954fe5ab053c2.jpg

Looking at the combined data, we see the average coal still hovering above the 520 expected. We also see we are getting very close to 2000 containers collected. Everything I care about, which is just the drop rate and expected averages, is within the margin of error. The slot combinations drop, the dark rainbow on the bottom left, I care less about, but is still fun to see how they line up anyway. And if you really want to know how little I actually care about those individual combinations, I almost posted this thread, with a faulty screenshot, because I forgot to modify the cells, to include Pseudovector's numbers; and it's just the dark-rainbow data that had that mistake, everywhere else was counting Pseudovector's stuff just fine.

ANYWAY; we have yet a new set of data to watch, though this is mostly for fun, and a great visual aid for why 100 containers isn't enough to make any form of judgement. @Pseudovector is to thank for this extra bit of fun data. The Rolling Average, only looks at the last 100 containers, when it averages the coal, and the graph provides a great visual aid, to show why 100 data points isn't enough to make any conclusions. All it takes is starting your data collection at a completely different time, and your average after 100 could be vastly different.

rolling100_1.thumb.jpg.98371f16cd1ba2493e7163567c2b8cd6.jpg

However, looking at this graph, it amazes me, that even the Rolling Average, is trending towards 520, giving us almost a beautiful bellcurve... THANKS @Colonel_Potter for ruining the Bellcurve with that spike at 544, by providing 48 of the 63 instances. @MidnightPhoenix07 You provided 10/63 at that 544 spike. The two of you together each provided half of the >560 count though, So there's that. For those curious @Lert is providing the remaining 5, for that 544 mark.

But yeah, the graph is highly varied. Don't ever draw conclusions based off 100 data points.

Edited by Counter_Gambit
grammar
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles

Good stuff.

I'm going to stop entering data at 200, I think the science has been sufficiently done and frankly, though a small hassle to collect the data, it's still a hassle. Is that ok, @Counter_Gambit?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i haven't been playing enough to contribute, but mxstat at least takes away my need to collect data

image.thumb.png.bea260d714ba04071eb74716c21b0dc0.png

• Cool 1

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
275 posts
3,594 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

i haven't been playing enough to contribute, but mxstat at least takes away my need to collect data

Is this app still being kept current? Did Aslain stop packing it in his modpack? 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
5 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

Is this app still being kept current? Did Aslain stop packing it in his modpack? 

no idea about aslain, i always grabbed it direct from the dev's website and it is still up to date

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
275 posts
3,594 battles
11 minutes ago, SKurj said:

no idea about aslain, i always grabbed it direct from the dev's website and it is still up to date

Ok, cool. I will check it out. Thanks!

[NWNG]
Members
3,939 posts
6,129 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Good stuff.

I'm going to stop entering data at 200, I think the science has been sufficiently done and frankly, though a small hassle to collect the data, it's still a hassle. Is that ok, @Counter_Gambit?

You have the authority to stop whenever you decide you've had enough. So if you wanted, you may wait until 200 before stopping, or you can stop right here and now; either option won't bother me one bit. If you have means to extract container data, like what SKurj used, you can always do once a month updates, and instead of inputting the data yourself, send me the data, and I can put them in for you. The choice is yours though. Whatever you decide, thank you for your contribution.

3 hours ago, SKurj said:

Hmm... it lists 1500 Free experience, so there is a flaw in the program, because that should be 1500 Elite Commander Experience. I also see the date jumping back and forth between October and November, so the events aren't well organized either. But thankfully, date/time is optional, and so too the reason for obtaining the container, which isn't listed.

So I have 2 simple questions for you then: Would you mind if I add this to the data sheet? And would you be willing to provide occassional updates of your container data (whether you input the data yourself, or send it my way to have me input the data is your choice)?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
3 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You have the authority to stop whenever you decide you've had enough. So if you wanted, you may wait until 200 before stopping, or you can stop right here and now; either option won't bother me one bit. If you have means to extract container data, like what SKurj used, you can always do once a month updates, and instead of inputting the data yourself, send me the data, and I can put them in for you. The choice is yours though. Whatever you decide, thank you for your contribution.

Hmm... it lists 1500 Free experience, so there is a flaw in the program, because that should be 1500 Elite Commander Experience. I also see the date jumping back and forth between October and November, so the events aren't well organized either. But thankfully, date/time is optional, and so too the reason for obtaining the container, which isn't listed.

So I have 2 simple questions for you then: Would you mind if I add this to the data sheet? And would you be willing to provide occassional updates of your container data (whether you input the data yourself, or send it my way to have me input the data is your choice)?

it is sorted in the screenshot by column name2 which is why the dates jump around.  I haven't validated the output.  you can export to excel, this is just a screen taken.  sure you can use what you see or i can run an export, but right now i do want to confirm your point about ecxp ..

[NWNG]
Members
3,939 posts
6,129 battles
39 minutes ago, SKurj said:

it is sorted in the screenshot by column name2 which is why the dates jump around.  I haven't validated the output.  you can export to excel, this is just a screen taken.  sure you can use what you see or i can run an export, but right now i do want to confirm your point about ecxp ..

Ah, that makes sense for the dates to be jumping around.

If you don't mind sharing it, I would love to get an export of the data, and get it added to the collection.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

like you say could be some holes in the data, but these are all the containers i have earned since mid/late october.  I didn't play at all in september..

containers.xlsx

[NWNG]
Members
3,939 posts
6,129 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

like you say could be some holes in the data, but these are all the containers i have earned since mid/late october.  I didn't play at all in september..

containers.xlsx

thank you for sharing.  Feel free to look at the data in the spreadsheet (link in OP, and in my signature). Tabs with your Game-name is yours, feel free to input the data yourself, or, if you wish, you may send the information to me through Private message, and I'll input the data, like I did with this. Or you could simply leave it with the 23 coal containers obtained from that excel file, and never worry about it again. Literally all options are fine by me.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
11 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

yup confirmed the 1500's are ecxp, the app is obviously incorrect

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

mxstat got an update in the last couple days, i will test tonight to see if they fixed the free xp vs ecxp