Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

need your help guys!

13 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,868 posts
21,336 battles

shot-22-11-05-15-07-59-0607.jpg
shot-22-11-05-15-06-51-0634.jpg

The RB ships available as above and the YoloEmilo, and this is where i am at.

Should i wait for x11 in 3 months or DO IT now?? I am "eyeing at the Vampire2 or the Yolo"

just yes or no

thank guys!!

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles

Vampire 2 is really interesting, I don't regret the purchase. Go for it.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles
26 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Vampire 2 is really interesting, I don't regret the purchase. Go for it.

Funny, I don't think it really is.  Its crawling smoke is unique, but I think Daring's quick draw smokes are more flexible on the battlefield.  If you pop smoke in Vampire II and your enemies disappear, you're left waiting for it to expire, and the enemy can see where you're re-deploying to.

If I didn't already own Daring, Vampire II would likely get my vote.  But by owning one, I find it kind of redundant to own the other.  Just my thoughts.

@ObiphanKenobi, my vote is no.  For that amount of research points, I think Colbert is a much more unique experience.

Edited by Ace_04

[NOVUM]
Members
326 posts
11,309 battles
44 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Should i wait for x11 in 3 months or DO IT now??

Do you want the ships for Christmas Snowflakes?

Edited by BitCrushed

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles

Once you have Ohio and Paolo Emilio, I think the Colbert is the next most interesting... the rest have premium/tech tree clones or better.  The RB ships are so expensive to grind, I find nothing I'm really interested in going after beyond those three... still have Colbert on my wish list :)

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
Volunteer Moderator
332 posts
9,614 battles

My next RB ship will probably be the Vampire, the one after that may be Sevestapol. It has *nasty* guns, and if you can draw it out long enough the super(slow)heal(TM) actually makes for a very interesting "ambush" cruiser. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles
8 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Funny, I don't think it really is.  Its crawling smoke is unique, but I think Daring's quick draw smokes are more flexible on the battlefield.  If you pop smoke in Vampire II and your enemies disappear, you're left waiting for it to expire, and the enemy can see where you're re-deploying to.

If I didn't already own Daring, Vampire II would likely get my vote.  But by owning one, I find it kind of redundant to own the other.  Just my thoughts.

@ObiphanKenobi, my vote is no.  For that amount of research points, I think Colbert is a much more unique experience.

Vamp is so far my only crawling smoke ship, it is an interesting feature. I'm not saying it is the best thing there is, I agree the RN ninja smoke is more useful but the crawling smoke makes for a different experience. Also the DC pattern is very weird (probably in a bad sense, but I don't care) and she's Commonwealth. For me the biggest difference to Daring is Vamp being a Premium ship, the bigger profit gives me a strong reason to play her over a TT ship. 

Colbert looks also interesting, but what does she offer over say Worcester?

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Just basically highest DPM in the game.  And the challenge of being able to make that ship sing, because she's not an easy one to do so.  But like anything difficult, when you get all the stars to align, boy can Colbert put out the hurt.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,868 posts
21,336 battles

so far its now 3 RB ships, so does that mean Yes, do it!!:Smile_sceptic:

i did calculation, with x8, i dont have enough RB to get all 3 ships, at max i can get 2 ships.

for me to get 3, it have to be at least x11

Members
37 posts
6,715 battles
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Vamp is so far my only crawling smoke ship, it is an interesting feature. I'm not saying it is the best thing there is, I agree the RN ninja smoke is more useful but the crawling smoke makes for a different experience. Also the DC pattern is very weird (probably in a bad sense, but I don't care) and she's Commonwealth. For me the biggest difference to Daring is Vamp being a Premium ship, the bigger profit gives me a strong reason to play her over a TT ship. 

I like Vamp a lot and also drew Perth from a lucky crate. The crawling smoke and hydro combo make Vamp a good cap bully but you have to be really careful of radar. Being able to sit for >2min in moving smoke is a neat trick. When I have a good game it's fun but if I overplay my hand it can get rough quick.

Perth looks like a weak ship on paper but I've been surprised at how well it did in recent T6 brawls. 

Sign in to follow this