Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Slimeball91

Torps not firing at the edge of their arc, so stupid.

3 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

To explain more clearly.  Torpedoes won't fire if you try to shoot them at the extreme limit of their firing arc, the cone used to aim the torps turns yellow when you reach this point.  Generally, this isn't a massive issue.  There are times when this becomes a real pain in the backside.  This is really stupid for the Forrest Sherman with it's super small firing arcs, just had two games where this feature totally screwed me over.  The question, why in the hell is this a feature?  Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question.  There should be no reason to be able to aim at a point where you can't shoot.  I'd ask WG to fix this, but that would be a waste of time.  Beside, there's already a long list of things WG needs to fix....

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

In all honesty, Forrest Sherman should get the curving torp thing that the new IJN CLs and the British BCs have. If only because her firing angles are so restrictive otherwise.

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
16 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

In all honesty, Forrest Sherman should get the curving torp thing that the new IJN CLs and the British BCs have. If only because her firing angles are so restrictive otherwise.

I suspect Forrest Sherman was originally intended to get homing torps, but homing torps were just seen as far too toxic by the playerbase.

Sign in to follow this