Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rufus374

Hey WG! Can I pay extra?

13 comments in this topic

[PRDEF]
Members
185 posts
15,436 battles

Dear Devs,

Is there a way I can pay extra to have shells that land in the same area code as my point of aim?  Sailing my Scharny with a broadside cruiser in my sights at ~9 km.  Aiming at waterline under front turrets. Fired my rear turret first.  Two shells fell short of the bow and the third splashed behind the stern.  Forward turrets load and give me 2 overpens and 4 shells flying high.

I'm aware of the firing delay introduced so I try to be deliberate with holding my aim for a second or two before firing, but it sure seems to me that something is way off the last few patches.

• Haha 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
20 minutes ago, rufus374 said:

Dear Devs,

Is there a way I can pay extra to have shells that land in the same area code as my point of aim?  Sailing my Scharny with a broadside cruiser in my sights at ~9 km.  Aiming at waterline under front turrets. Fired my rear turret first.  Two shells fell short of the bow and the third splashed behind the stern.  Forward turrets load and give me 2 overpens and 4 shells flying high.

I'm aware of the firing delay introduced so I try to be deliberate with holding my aim for a second or two before firing, but it sure seems to me that something is way off the last few patches.

German ships that have a Secondary focus tend to lack on performance of the Main Guns to avoid being overwhelming.  The Schlieffen line is the first line where this was not the case, but that is due to the reduced armor and health of the line.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles

You want accurate main guns, drive a ship that has that as main feature.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,334 posts
23,700 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Here It Is Season 6 GIF by Friends

• Cool 1

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
12,940 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

German ships that have a Secondary focus tend to lack on performance of the Main Guns to avoid being overwhelming.  The Schlieffen line is the first line where this was not the case, but that is due to the reduced armor and health of the line.

We want an accurate long range german BB thats not focused on secondaries! (kidding)

[WOLF9]
Members
2,318 posts
35,881 battles
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

It truly is a thing of beauty when you launch a salvo from the Yamato and it fires in a tight group to the center of your target.

[A-D-F]
Members
767 posts
9,333 battles
36 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:

We want an accurate long range german BB thats not focused on secondaries! (kidding)

So you want Siegfried 😂

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
12,940 battles
4 minutes ago, Forgotten_Void said:

So you want Siegfried 😂

i have seig and agir! heh, but they were both sold as secondary ships when i got them back in the day! too bad that was changed... i would love my money back because of that change :P

[LWC]
Members
448 posts
951 battles

Rest assured it is off for everyone [except cv's and subs], not just you. So its fair. 

Edited by mashed68
  • Cool 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,718 posts
13,152 battles
2 hours ago, rufus374 said:

Dear Devs,

I've noticed this too during the time period you mentioned but it only seems to apply to BBs and cruisers in my experience.

My dispersion in BBs is sometimes so bad I don't hit at all.

In DDs though I can knock a fly off a tar's head at 10 kms.

Go figure.

[-HUGS]
Members
978 posts
13,215 battles
2 hours ago, rufus374 said:

Is there a way I can pay extra to have shells that land in the same area code as my point of aim? 

Purchase Aiming System Modification 1 for slot 3. Seriously.
Lots of commanders prefer to go full secondary build for their KM ships but the loss of accuracy is significant even at mid range.
For random battles, it is often not the best choice IMHO.

That being said, you'll still occasionally miss shots with absurd RNG, but the volume of shells that will connect during a game, if you aim correctly with good consistency, will increase.

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
7 minutes ago, Mr_Argamas said:

Purchase Aiming System Modification 1 for slot 3. Seriously.
Lots of commanders prefer to go full secondary build for their KM ships but the loss of accuracy is significant even at mid range.
For random battles, it is often not the best choice IMHO.

That being said, you'll still occasionally miss shots with absurd RNG, but the volume of shells that will connect during a game, if you aim correctly with good consistency, will increase.

+1

Sign in to follow this