Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lampshade_M1A2

Why'd Salmon lose its 4" gun?

11 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Members
3,738 posts
10,875 battles

For some reason it seems that the USN T8 submarine Salmon lost the 4"/50 caliber gun it had during the testing phase and had it replaced with a 3"/50 peashooter.

My question is why? Who complained that the surface gun on a submarine in this game was too powerful?

[LEGIO]
Members
3,738 posts
10,875 battles

I don't know about USS Salmon herself but I believe some members of the class were upgunned with 4"/50s and later 5"/25s for sinking barges. I believe non-premium ships in game are supposed to be representative of the class versus the individual warship.

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles
27 minutes ago, Forgotten_Void said:

Because this is the gun she actually had

So what? You can fit bigger.

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts
52 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

For some reason it seems that the USN T8 submarine Salmon lost the 4"/50 caliber gun it had during the testing phase and had it replaced with a 3"/50 peashooter.

My question is why? Who complained that the surface gun on a submarine in this game was too powerful?

So that they can sell a premium Submarine with a player controlled deck guns... ( or use it as a gimmick for the Russian subs )

Place your bets on weather a Gato - Class with 2 x 1,  5 inch / 25 Cal. player controlled Deck Guns be a tier 8 or a Tier 10 premium.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,147 posts
32,910 battles

IIRC, the ships were build with a 3" 50, and later in the war the protestations of some captains were successful in having them replaced with either 4" or 5" guns on some subs. 

Sign in to follow this