You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
trapper0359

Premium Pass + Season Bonuses

27 comments in this topic

[TKOV]
Members
81 posts
7,850 battles

For those with the Premium Pass + Season Bonuses, what does the combat mission chain look like for this week?

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

30 extra point a week. An extra 20%... not that amazing. For the price I expected something like 40-50%

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,145 battles

Funny, I never did the math on any of it.  I just bought the pack and hit 'Battle' :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles

Extra 3 levels per week plus the economic bonuses which will add up with all the coal, research points and steel.  By my count 18 levels per week if you do all dailies, weeklies and weekly challenges.

At the end of the month, I’ll see if I’m going to do it next month with the snowflake event if I can confirm that the bonuses get applied to everything. 

Maybe @Ahskance or @Boggzy can confirm or deny whether the season pass will apply to snowflakes.

I’m happy with season pass so far!

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

pay to advance ... warp speed engaged...  or is it pay for the rewards...

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

pay to advance ... warp speed engaged...  or is it pay for the rewards...

I think it's the second... there's rewards past the rewards... and the warp speed means you can complete it in 3 weeks instead of "maybe" 5.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles
3 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

I think it's the second... there's rewards past the rewards... and the warp speed means you can complete it in 3 weeks instead of "maybe" 5.

Don't forget the extra missions and weeklies are time gated...   those extra three levels per week can only be done once that weeks started.  I went for everything this time to see what happens.  have done all the dailies and the weekly  and the first week bonus missions and am upto level 15 BP right now..  but the next weekly and extra second week challenge of the extra 3 levels is not available for 4 days so for the next 4 days, I will only be able to do 1 level per day until that kicks in, then I can boost again, so yes, technically it should be 54 levels at the end of three weeks with a 5 week cycle this time...  however,  I'm not complaining, I think the whole idea and implentation is awesome for someone who, like me, has the time and dubs available for it.   I'll be interested to see what happens at end of month when it is completed though for the last days after you have reached lvl50, because this cycle I shouold be able to achieve 30 - 40 additional BP levels in the 5 week cycle of which 15 will be directly due to the extra missions granted weekly.

So far, I've just completed this on my normal playing schedule of hitting my 2-3 containers a day if I can, so it's not hard to complete and for the future, I shall make a decision at the start of each month based on the extra rewards at the end of the month.

Even with the full options, it's still less cost than a night in the pub for a game that has no subscription to play  monthly and certainly for me, this month, the reduced cost of commander retraining and free demounting of modules is going to save me dubs overall anyway.

G

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles
14 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

30 extra point a week. An extra 20%... not that amazing. For the price I expected something like 40-50%

DOn't forget, a lot depends on what you get when you have completed the 50BP's.  This month, if you do everything to time, there will be 30 - 40 BP levels you can get over and above the 50 pre-defined.  So whilst you may only get 3 levels for the extra missions, you are adding a potential of extra BP's at the end of the cycle of which 15 will have been directly due to those extra missions...   and to be honest, I don't know what those extra days will be worth yet.

Edited by MaliceA4Thought
  • Cool 1

Members
3 posts
1,529 battles

I grabbed the premium + season bonuses option. The first day I did the daily and weekly missions then advanced the rest of the levels for approx 20k dubs. Now when ever I do the daily or weekly mission going forward and gain 10 battle pass points I get 1000 coal, a rare bonuses container, a common bonuses container and also a signal container from the post progress level bonuses after you finish the 50 BP levels. You could pay the dubs to advanced all the levels straight away and then have 35 daily and 5 weekly bonuses extra if you wanna maximize it but don't know if it is worth it but I wanted to experiment to see if I felt it is worth it or not. I am not sure if the post progress bonuses are the same every time.

Edited by TakeMeDrunk_ImHome

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 hour ago, TakeMeDrunk_ImHome said:

I grabbed the premium + season bonuses option. The first day I did the daily and weekly missions then advanced the rest of the levels for approx 20k dubs. Now when ever I do the daily or weekly mission going forward and gain 10 battle pass points I get 1000 coal, a rare bonuses container, a common bonuses container and also a signal container from the post progress level bonuses after you finish the 50 BP levels. You could pay the dubs to advanced all the levels straight away and then have 35 daily and 5 weekly bonuses extra if you wanna maximize it but don't know if it is worth it but I wanted to experiment to see if I felt it is worth it or not. I am not sure if the post progress bonuses are the same every time.

fitting nickname you have...  you've paid over 26k dubs so far for the bp?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,788 posts
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

fitting nickname you have...  you've paid over 26k dubs so far for the bp?

Meh...whales exist.

Somebody is actually trying to work out if its a better economic decision to

whale to the max amount  & then reap the post whale rewards

vs.

buying the  premium pass only & get the rewards through grinding.

This is called science.  Saw these sort of posts for the dockyards last year & for those considering the investment options , worth a read.

I'm not a whale

Edited by GRIMLOCK__
  • Cool 1

[TF]
Beta Testers
35 posts
7,792 battles
4 hours ago, TakeMeDrunk_ImHome said:

I would be interested to see what you have to say at the end of the BP about how much you received for your investment.  Thanks for taking the plunge.

• Cool 1

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,187 battles
20 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

The way I see it... Season pass is going to provide good value once a year, during the Christmas event.
Reason is that it provides bonus to coal, steel and RPs earnings.  Which coincidentally, is what you are going to get from snowflakes.

image.png.dd1aa3d5aeba0566766cde7c549ada2d.png
source: New Year celebration, Dockyard, Brawls, and other features — 0.11.11 Closed testing - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

Still, you'll need a certain number of ships in your port to justify the cost as it only provides 5% bonus.  But for people that have +250ships eligible for snowflakes, it could be a no brainer.

• Cool 2

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
1 hour ago, Couch986 said:

I would be interested to see what you have to say at the end of the BP about how much you received for your investment.  Thanks for taking the plunge.

Remember that it isn't an investment... what we get is pixelated vaporware so if you think of it as an investment, you're playing the wrong game... go with chess or checkers!

If you enjoy it more than a movie night or pub night, then have fun but it is always going to be an economic loss for the casual, FTP or whale player.

This sucks as a FTP game imho... so I don't play it that way.  Kudos to those that do.

YMMV

Fair winds and following seas!

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Argamas said:

The way I see it... Season pass is going to provide good value once a year, during the Christmas event.
Reason is that it provides bonus to coal, steel and RPs earnings.  Which coincidentally, is what you are going to get from snowflakes.

I have yet to see it concretely stated that the season pass bonuses apply outside of the premium pass rewards.  I didn't see it in the dev blog link and would love it clarified before the next season pass.   You're quite right that it would be a major benefit with regard to in-game resources.

I know it doesn't apply to doubloon purchases from Premium shop because I tried it.  :D

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,187 battles
1 minute ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

I have yet to see it concretely stated that the season pass bonuses apply outside of the premium pass rewards.  I didn't see it in the dev blog link and would love it clarified before the next season pass.   You're quite right that it would be a major benefit with regard to in-game resources.

I know it doesn't apply to doubloon purchases from Premium shop because I tried it.  :D

Purchasing from the store doesn't qualify as "earnings" though: it's not a reward you got from playing the game! 
But maybe we can ping @Ahskance, see if he wants to clarify if Season's pass 5% bonus to coal, steel, and RPs will apply to all earnings such as getting steel from a super container, snowflakes, etc. Like clan bonuses from their naval base do.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
2 hours ago, Mr_Argamas said:

Purchasing from the store doesn't qualify as "earnings" though: it's not a reward you got from playing the game! 
But maybe we can ping @Ahskance, see if he wants to clarify if Season's pass 5% bonus to coal, steel, and RPs will apply to all earnings such as getting steel from a super container, snowflakes, etc. Like clan bonuses from their naval base do.

now we have pointed it out likely not...

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,187 battles
On 11/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Oh, there was a bit of a development today about the 2% doubloons bonus. Just wanted to make sure you knew.  It was actually intended to work with the premium shop too!  It will be fixed, and you'll be credited, in time.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[USN-W]
[USN-W]
Members
488 posts
13,170 battles

Is not invested, you will never get any of the doubloons back, it is a purchase.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
On 11/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Mr_Argamas said:

image.png.dd1aa3d5aeba0566766cde7c549ada2d.png
source: New Year celebration, Dockyard, Brawls, and other features — 0.11.11 Closed testing - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

Still, you'll need a certain number of ships in your port to justify the cost as it only provides 5% bonus.  But for people that have +250ships eligible for snowflakes, it could be a no brainer.

Oooooo

Good point. Had not really thought about it. Excellent idea thanks for posting. Passed on the season pass for November but yeah would be a good idea for December. Plus the stack from the clan bonuses could be a good year.

This is assuming the WG does not offer something else for the December battle pass.

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles

Since I haven't bought the premium battle pass I don't see anything about buying levels.  What do they cost?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 hour ago, Bomont said:

Since I haven't bought the premium battle pass I don't see anything about buying levels.  What do they cost?

i thought i saw 625 dubs per...  i haven't spent on bp either.  I think once you have paid maybe for both premium and premium plus an accelerate button is displayed

oops no need to buy premium +

image.png.de18ad8f46c5ef80f2053df808b9398a.png

[TSF]
Members
126 posts
5,850 battles

I'm worried that I won't get enough battle passes in order to complete the 50 required. Right now I am sitting at level 15 with 8 more passes to complete that level. Since there are 50 levels that require 10 points that's 500 points. However I see that there are only 28 days left in the season. We have already had 1 full week of dailies and 1 weekly. How many more weekly passes at 80 points total will we get. Also how many more daily pass missions, totaling 10/day will we get until it is over. You wouldn't think that after buying the pass one should have to worry about finishing the process or have to pay more because of time restraint. I play too much as it is, lol. Thank you 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
4 minutes ago, DeFiler_2021 said:

I'm worried that I won't get enough battle passes in order to complete the 50 required. Right now I am sitting at level 15 with 8 more passes to complete that level. Since there are 50 levels that require 10 points that's 500 points. However I see that there are only 28 days left in the season. We have already had 1 full week of dailies and 1 weekly. How many more weekly passes at 80 points total will we get. Also how many more daily pass missions, totaling 10/day will we get until it is over. You wouldn't think that after buying the pass one should have to worry about finishing the process or have to pay more because of time restraint. I play too much as it is, lol. Thank you 

With this being a 5 week patch, we get 4 more 80s and like 28(27?) more 10s.  If you play a bunch, it is doable.