Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Paladin1954

More WG stingyness

17 comments in this topic

[-H-]
Beta Testers
250 posts
23,463 battles

Anybody notice that the early access IJN CL's are coming with the upgraded modules? Previously all early access ships came with the stock modules with a free upgrade. At the end of the early access then you could go to your inventory and sell the stock modules. Just another case of WeeGee nickel and dimeing us to death.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[SOUS]
Members
770 posts
6,651 battles

It's the same as other early access ships, so not sure what you are talking about.

Edited by Itsj_p

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
10 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

It's the same as other early access ships, so not sure what you are talking about.

i think he is saying you don't get the stock modules so you won't be able to sell them off...   but i have no idea... my UK bc's have both available.  I haven't got the t5 yet to be able to tell.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles

The stock modules still come with the ship, so no difference in your precious credits there. But who am I to get in the way of a 'good' anti-corporate greed rant.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[SOUS]
Members
770 posts
6,651 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

i think he is saying you don't get the stock modules so you won't be able to sell them off...   but i have no idea... my UK bc's have both available.  I haven't got the t5 yet to be able to tell.

It shows the stock modules in the inventory but can't sell them yet until they leave early access, always been like that, i have the tier 5 and 6.

Edited by Itsj_p
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

The stock modules still come with the ship, so no difference in your precious credits there. But who am I to get in the way of a 'good' anti-corporate greed rant.

1 minute ago, Itsj_p said:

It shows the stock modules in the inventory but can't sell them yet until they leave early access, always been like that, i have the tier 5 and 6.

thanks for confirming :)

[SOUS]
Members
770 posts
6,651 battles

wwosmodules.png

You can sell them when these ships leave early access.

Edited by Itsj_p

[WOLF2]
Members
789 posts
33,344 battles

They actually made an improvement to mount the upgrades when you get the free ship.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TDG]
[TDG]
Members
155 posts
16,386 battles

It has always worked this way as far back as I remember.  For early access ships you cant sell the stock modules until after early access event ends and the ships are researchable.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,149 posts
32,910 battles
3 hours ago, Itsj_p said:

wwosmodules.png

You can sell them when these ships leave early access.

1 hour ago, o4x4 said:

They actually made an improvement to mount the upgrades when you get the free ship.

They just went ahead and mounted the upgrades so that knuckledraggers dont play the early access ships stock, and then post about how awful they are, which I have seen occur more than once. 

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
770 posts
6,651 battles
12 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

They just went ahead and mounted the upgrades so that knuckledraggers dont play the early access ships stock, and then post about how awful they are, which I have seen occur more than once. 

I mean no real difference from the stock modules anyways.

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
1 hour ago, o4x4 said:

Yes, because most everyone forgot to mount them before taking the ship into battle. Me included. Nice quality of life change. 

• Meh 1

[ARMAS]
Members
145 posts
5,098 battles
3 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

Anybody notice that the early access IJN CL's are coming with the upgraded modules? Previously all early access ships came with the stock modules with a free upgrade. At the end of the early access then you could go to your inventory and sell the stock modules. Just another case of WeeGee nickel and dimeing us to death.

How is thst bad

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
4 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

It's a free to play game with no obligations for you to spend anything. Your sense of entitlement is overwhelming.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,737 posts
37,503 battles
2 hours ago, o4x4 said:

I was usually several games in before I remembered to do this.

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,832 battles
4 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

They come mounted with the upgraded modules and the stock ones in your inventory, which can be sold at the beginning of 2023. They probably did this because you've probably see a fair share of new EA ships roaming around with the stock modules.

Sign in to follow this