Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

A 300 match COOP Sample of Who Plays what Ships

27 comments in this topic

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,512 battles

Ok, these 300 matches were played in CST from 0430 to 2200 every day to include weekends.

I did this to provide a snapshot as to how many BOTs and Human Submarines and Carriers were in the games that I experienced.

**  A note:  this data applies only to the time frame listed;  the NA server; and, not being in a division.   Just normal COOP play where I start with the first listed Tier 10 ships and play down the port list of my ships.  There are premium and TT ships that I use and I normally finish the daily's before tier 8 ships are used....  So, these matches mostly are Tier 9 and 10 ships.  I don't play Subs and in this sample, I did not play Carriers.

image.png.4c80be2ef9f4fbee1bef6397a7350bfb.png

I've been reading the forum for years now and everyone wants some data....  We've been having on going discussions about Subs and Carriers and how many BOTs we are seeing.

OK, here's what I experienced over the past several days.

Does this agree with what your expectations are??  Let me know.

PS..  There was only two COOP matches with two Submarines (both were with 5 humans...)

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 3

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,512 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

this is just greens correct?  not counting any reds at all.

I counted both human and BOT occurrences per match.....  That way we can actually see what percentage of 300 matches, per number of humans participating, what ships were participating.

Is that what you are asking>?

[CVA16]
Members
8,895 posts
27,143 battles

Must be missing something. Are you saying that in 5 of the games with nine humans, the MM added a bot green CV?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
9 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I counted both human and BOT occurrences per match.....  That way we can actually see what percentage of 300 matches, per number of humans participating, what ships were participating.

Is that what you are asking>?

no i am asking if you are only tracking the green team, i assume you are just wanted to confirm.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,684 battles

@Asym_KS, I assume, as @SKurj does, that you are only presenting green team statistics. I also share the same confusion as @Sabot_100. How did you have battles with 9 humans and still have any bots?

I do agree with the overall percentages on bot subs and CV's. Bot CV's and subs are more prevalent than human ones. If you had addes Superships to the mix I bet you would see the same precentage comparison between bot and human.

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,512 battles
35 minutes ago, Khafni said:

@Asym_KS, I assume, as @SKurj does, that you are only presenting green team statistics. I also share the same confusion as @Sabot_100. How did you have battles with 9 humans and still have any bots?

I do agree with the overall percentages on bot subs and CV's. Bot CV's and subs are more prevalent than human ones. If you had addes Superships to the mix I bet you would see the same precentage comparison between bot and human.

I'm going to have to review what I recorded....  I get the bad feeling some data got lost now that you asked this question.  Data got mangled and I'll take the excel spreadsheet apart.  I think I lost two columns.

Apologies. 

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
52 minutes ago, Khafni said:

This.  There were a fair number of tier 10 bot subs last patch (before they were released).  

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,512 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

This.  There were a fair number of tier 10 bot subs last patch (before they were released).  

My Excel spread sheet is toast....  freaking power outages with this stinking weather.  I'll start it all over again.  What a mess....

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
672 posts
27,276 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

My Excel spread sheet is toast....  freaking power outages with this stinking weather.  I'll start it all over again.  What a mess....

That is terrible if the data was messed up.

I was wondering about your first post. The data up there could be totally fine, it is just the presentation that is causing some confusion? Like if you detach the Bot Carriers/Subs columns away from "Human Players" & "Matches with". Or put giant empty columns between them so people are looking at pieces of related data, in proper context.

I think we are used to looking across the rows(or columns), and trying to piece it all together.  When in some cases we should look at parts of data on their own. 

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,512 battles
42 minutes ago, LabradorRetriever said:

That is terrible if the data was messed up.

I was wondering about your first post. The data up there could be totally fine, it is just the presentation that is causing some confusion? Like if you detach the Bot Carriers/Subs columns away from "Human Players" & "Matches with". Or put giant empty columns between them so people are looking at pieces of related data, in proper context.

I think we are used to looking across the rows(or columns), and trying to piece it all together.  When in some cases we should look at parts of data on their own. 

The input array is gone.  The totals table is correct.  The goal was to show what I saw over 300 matches and calculate just how many subs and carriers I encountered and then, express that exposure as a percentage.  We hear all of the time that "there so many subs and carriers that they......."    So, 1/3 of all matches in my sample saw a bot carrier....

Sorry about the confusion.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

if you want to make data collection easier...  mxstat retains the teams list for every battle played..

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
14 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

The input array is gone.  The totals table is correct.  The goal was to show what I saw over 300 matches and calculate just how many subs and carriers I encountered and then, express that exposure as a percentage.  We hear all of the time that "there so many subs and carriers that they......."    So, 1/3 of all matches in my sample saw a bot carrier....

Sorry about the confusion.

If we were to contribute, (for example, by taking screen shots and sending them to you) what format should our data use?

14 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Thanks for even compiling it that much to begin with.

+1

8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

if you want to make data collection easier...  mxstat retains the teams list for every battle played..

Oh.  Very interesting.
Edited to add:  But it seems to be offline because it isn't current with the most recent version of the game, if I'm reading the topic correctly?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
31 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If we were to contribute, (for example, by taking screen shots and sending them to you) what format should our data use?

+1

Oh.  Very interesting.
Edited to add:  But it seems to be offline because it isn't current with the most recent version of the game, if I'm reading the topic correctly?

it is current on the website, i am using it now.    warning your av may complain about it...  i'd also suggest just using the zip and not the msi

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

it is current on the website, i am using it now.    warning your av may complain about it...  i'd also suggest just using the zip and not the msi

780524989_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.d328534d339c0475bd0f0c68081fb178.jpg

[-AGW-]
Members
765 posts
47,441 battles

If the OP's numbers are any proof, it STINKS that MM forcefeeds Oc-op so much with AI subs nver mind CVs.

The 2 most despised if not totally hated types in the game and MM tries to ensure as little fun as possible is had!

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
7,372 posts
16,186 battles
On 11/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, Asym_KS said:

Ok, these 300 matches were played in CST from 0430 to 2200 every day to include weekends.

I did this to provide a snapshot as to how many BOTs and Human Submarines and Carriers were in the games that I experienced.

**  A note:  this data applies only to the time frame listed;  the NA server; and, not being in a division.   Just normal COOP play where I start with the first listed Tier 10 ships and play down the port list of my ships.  There are premium and TT ships that I use and I normally finish the daily's before tier 8 ships are used....  So, these matches mostly are Tier 9 and 10 ships.  I don't play Subs and in this sample, I did not play Carriers.

image.png.4c80be2ef9f4fbee1bef6397a7350bfb.png

I've been reading the forum for years now and everyone wants some data....  We've been having on going discussions about Subs and Carriers and how many BOTs we are seeing.

OK, here's what I experienced over the past several days.

Does this agree with what your expectations are??  Let me know.

PS..  There was only two COOP matches with two Submarines (both were with 5 humans...)

While I did not record any data, the number of human subs was about the same as bot subs on the green team.

I only played 161 coops last month. I didn't see many subs.

CV numbers were also down.

In coops, it wasn't a stellar beginning for subs IMO.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles
On 11/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, Musket22 said:

If the OP's numbers are any proof, it STINKS that MM forcefeeds Oc-op so much with AI subs nver mind CVs.

The 2 most despised if not totally hated types in the game and MM tries to ensure as little fun as possible is had!

I still find it funny that some guys struggle so much with Co-Op bots.

• Haha 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,860 posts
30,566 battles
29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I still find it funny that some guys struggle so much with Co-Op bots.

Literally no one has mentioned a struggle but you...   Fighting carriers and subs isn't a struggle, just tedious. 

• Sad 1

[-AGW-]
Members
765 posts
47,441 battles
8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Literally no one has mentioned a struggle but you...   Fighting carriers and subs isn't a struggle, just tedious. 

It isn't about struggle, it's about aggrevation at the subs being as gimmicky as they are.

Edited by Admiral_Bingo
made it more constructive
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles
14 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL the guy I replied to was.  The guy s is literally crying about it:

On 11/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, Musket22 said:

14 hours ago, Musket22 said:

It isn't about struggle, it's about aggrevation at the subs being as gimmicky as they are.

Really, if you're complaining about Bots, that is literally a struggle.  A problem that has to be surmounted, an obstacle to your success and enjoyment to the game.

I don't understand how guys are having such problems against these brain dead bots in Co-Op.  The AI doesn't even use Submarines correctly.  The CVs aren't even much of a threat.

If it truly wasn't a problem you casually destroy the Bots, regardless of what icon of ship / bote it is using.  And move on to the next target, no problem.

I mean guys... WG even made it where half the time the Bot CV even charges towards the players now!  And some guys are still struggling with this???? :Smile_veryhappy:  I watched a Tier X CV charge my Schlieffen, but this is supposed to be a difficult, annoying experience?  :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles

I kill mosquitos all summer.  Doesn't make them any less annoying.

This goes for subs.  Saw three today, killed three.  The repeated ping is probably the most annoying.

The only thing annoying about CVs is when they die on the other side of the map.

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,512 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I kill mosquitos all summer.  Doesn't make them any less annoying.

This goes for subs.  Saw three today, killed three.  The repeated ping is probably the most annoying.

The only thing annoying about CVs is when they die on the other side of the map.

I simply wanted to show what was appearing......not what some speculate.   I dislike how they implemented submarines.  I would prefer the RTS carriers.  I would prefer a lot of other things to make this game a first world product;  vis-a'-vis,  an early teen arcade shooter.....  But, it's what we have.

And, I hate when people talk as if they have "facts" when, in reality, they have opinion - so I played 300 COOP matches, at all times and days and took notes....  And, Excel 2007 imploded in the end.  So, in a day or two, I'm going to repeat the whole exercise.  We'll see what that data shows.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
672 posts
27,276 battles
16 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

And, I hate when people talk as if they have "facts" when, in reality, they have opinion - so I played 300 COOP matches, at all times and days and took notes....  And, Excel 2007 imploded in the end.  So, in a day or two, I'm going to repeat the whole exercise.  We'll see what that data shows.

Repeating Tier 10 again I'm guessing?

Somewhat curious because I am wondering about how different Tier 9-10 are. I have a lot of T9 data which I'll be ready to release in Dec.

Just some food for thought, 10% of my Tier 9 battles are same tier only. No subs or CVs for anyone that cares. But that doesn't mean anything because people will play whatever Tiers they like.

And I guess for the time being, Tier 10 is the closest thing to "end game" or most powerful.

Sign in to follow this