Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

This is what happens when people are bored with a game

17 comments in this topic

[-WD-]
Members
186 posts
14,876 battles

You called?

Also, what's the context? Was this one guy over the course of a few minutes, or a bunch of people at once? SS is a bit unclear

[SUB4]
Members
1,718 posts
13,152 battles
16 minutes ago, Junpei_MT said:

You called?

Also, what's the context? Was this one guy over the course of a few minutes, or a bunch of people at once? SS is a bit unclear

They were putting in their steak orders.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
7 minutes ago, MN1234 said:

They were putting in their steak orders.

I hate ordering steak at a restaurant. I ask for well done and they send me one that's still wiggling.

• Funny 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,718 posts
13,152 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I hate ordering steak at a restaurant. I ask for well done and they send me one that's still wiggling.

I like mine well done too but living around here is rough. 

I usually have to send it back for a few more minutes on the grill.

I'm never rude about it though because I worked in that business and know how it is.

Plus, I don't like spit in my food.

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
999 posts
17,289 battles
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Most will refuse to cook well done, any reputable ones anyway.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
26 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Most will refuse to cook well done, any reputable ones anyway.

I'm both a medic and a biologist. I know what sorts of creepy crawlies can live on and in food. My dad took his social studies class to see the packing plants every year, including the one I was in. I also had an ex-girlfriend who worked for a time in a packing plant. From what she said, and what I know, I by golly want my meat cooked. I even cook game that I've hunted and butchered myself well done as wild game is full of parasites.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,860 posts
30,566 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm both a medic and a biologist. I know what sorts of creepy crawlies can live on and in food. My dad took his social studies class to see the packing plants every year, including the one I was in. I also had an ex-girlfriend who worked for a time in a packing plant. From what she said, and what I know, I by golly want my meat cooked. I even cook game that I've hunted and butchered myself well done as wild game is full of parasites.

I got to have that exposed bit charred just a little to make me comfortable eating it. I don't mind a bit rare on the inside, but that outside that has been handled, fondled, dropped, sneezed on, etc, has to be almost black for my comfort. I did food inspections in the Navy and would bring swabs back to the lab to grow. The stuff that you find would make your skin crawl, especially from unwashed produce. So much E coli... Humans are a successful group because we learned to cook. Not only does it make food nutrients more available, it kills off the nasties. Never let anyone shame you into eating undercooked meat.  

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

So much E coli...

It amazes me how so many will preach the benefits of a "healthy" raw produce diet and then wonder why they are sick all the time. I don't eat raw produce unless I grow it myself or know where it came from. If it comes from the store, it gets cooked. Every year there are spinach, lettuce, sprouts, and melons being recalled due to an E. coli outbreak somewhere.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,928 posts
8,973 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

image.thumb.png.2078352361fb0031efc3eba2d8c98b16.png

Clearly they've finished digging the well...

• Haha 2

[GT99]
Members
999 posts
17,289 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Everything is dirty, we ate dirt as kids with dirty hands, c'mon man.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Everything is dirty, we ate dirt as kids with dirty hands, c'mon man.

There are pathogenic (disease causing) and non-pathogenic microbes. Our normal gut flora consists of up to a thousand different types of bacteria, archaea, and fungi. Escherichia coli usually comprises a tiny part, less than one percent, of this flora and is generally benign, being kept in check by competition from the other microbes. However, there also are disease-causing strains of E. coli such as the O157:H7 strain that can take over and cause severe illness. These pathogenic strains have become more prevalent due to the over-use of antibiotics in both humans and livestock. A lot of produce fields are fertilized with manure, oftentimes human manure in countries the US imports from, which can cause them to be infected with E. coli and other pathogens. About a quarter million people become significantly sick and a hundred die in the US alone from E. coli infections in a given year. Worldwide, it's about a third of a billion illnesses and 200,000 deaths per year. A little clean dirt in the diet isn't so bad and actually is good for the immune system. However, this doesn't apply to manure-soaked produce or feces-slathered beef from a packing plant.

• Cool 1

[RPTN]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
4,954 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

FYI, there are always people bored of a game.

Usually they are forum warriors. xD

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 hours ago, Gasboy said:

Usually they are forum warriors. xD

I beg to differ. Being active in the forums helps to prevent one from becoming bored with the game. The vast majority of WOWS players don't ever visit the forums, those that do usually have a considerable interest in the game, as evidenced by the thousands of matches most of us have played.

[RPTN]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
4,954 battles
33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I beg to differ. Being active in the forums helps to prevent one from becoming bored with the game. The vast majority of WOWS players don't ever visit the forums, those that do usually have a considerable interest in the game, as evidenced by the thousands of matches most of us have played.

Woosh.

Sign in to follow this