Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

don't think this bp thing is for me,,, in coop

31 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

17 games over 4 hrs mebbe so far, and i have earned a grand  total of 3 more signals containers. 13 coops and 4 ops.

though i won't be bothering with other game modes, i doubt i will pay for the premium bp.  I don't play every day either.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,670 battles
48 minutes ago, SKurj said:

17 games over 4 hrs mebbe so far, and i have earned a grand  total of 3 more signals containers. 13 coops and 4 ops.

though i won't be bothering with other game modes, i doubt i will pay for the premium bp.  I don't play every day either.

I'll not be paying for the Premium BP either. The rewards for the Free BP match up or exceed what you would get under the old system. If you got all those missions done in a month before the patch you should get all the Free BP as well for the new mission chains.

This chart from the article illustrates it pretty well. 

image.thumb.png.5cdb1aca91b26ab5f9313b4c160bfbbb.png

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,120 posts
20,505 battles
Just now, Khafni said:

I'll not be paying for the Premium BP either. The rewards for the Free BP match up or exceed what you would get under the old system. 

Not in FXP or ECXP.  You get more coal (a little), steel (a little), a buttload of signals, and several buttloads of green boost containers.

Gonna miss the extra FXP.

[SUB4]
Members
1,714 posts
13,140 battles

Playing the objectives in coop will help you get the XP you need.

I silent cap and defend my teammates and I earn one almost every coop battle.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles

I am on the fence. I want that ship. Watched a video of it in action and it is exactly the kind of boat the IJN has needed for a long while. I have always hated the Japanese cruisers with their slow firing, slow turning guns but this thing is the kind of ship I do well in and looks perfect for co-op. I also have like 30k doubloons on hand and really nothing coming that I am remotely interested in.... 

Big problem for me is the Battle Pass. I like daily missions because I can tell at a glance, exactly what I needed to do. Now I have to look at missions then look at tokens then look at the BP tab... Such a mess, the people designing this crap are clueless unless they are just farming in game clicks. Poor design in the 21st century really gets my dander up because the only reasons for it are laziness or stupidity. 

• Thanks 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i do well in coop, no issues there... but it's the time commitment that is off putting.  How much time per level do you think is justified?  1 hr for 1 level?  thats 50 hrs for this bp period, is that reasonable to you?  that's an hour and a half daily or an even larger commitment when opportunity presents itself.  and with the better rewards at the end of the slog...  i'd say casuals are a casualty of this bp.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i'd say casuals are a casualty of this bp.

And I would agree with you. If you play the game quite a bit, BP is a good change. If you do not, then it really sucks and not a "I have to go to work" kind of suck, I mean full on poop sandwich kind of suck. It is devastating to play a few games a day with zero rewards for doing so other than your daily crate. It also removed any incentive at all to play tech tree ships. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

Members
5 posts

Losing the 500 experience for the first daily challenge is brutal for co-op players, as far as I can tell. That's arguably a whole other match we'd need to run in order to make up the difference, and it's hard to even pretend like I can progress with it gone.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles
2 minutes ago, FictionalCharacter said:

Losing the 500 experience for the first daily challenge is brutal for co-op players, as far as I can tell. That's arguably a whole other match we'd need to run in order to make up the difference, and it's hard to even pretend like I can progress with it gone.

Losing that XP only made me totally quit using tech tree ships. I always started the game and would play one tech tree ship a day to farm that bonus and slowly unlock the next one. Now that the bonus is gone there is no incentive to play them. They earn less than a premium ship of the same type and tier and if you don't have a economic upgrade package on them, all earnings are even worse.  

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

Another thing about the extra 500 bxp that we aren't getting anymore.  It used to be possible to play one match and earn enough to reach the first container.  There were plenty of times where one and done as much of the game as I was willing to play.  Now, needing to play at least two games, I'll be far more likely to just pass on playing altogether.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,247 battles

I don't like it. I can live with it, but I don't like it.

For two reasons:

Firstly ... it's another thing that wasn't broken that they 'fixed'.  I don't recall seeing a single post complaining about the missions that the BP has fixed. Meanwhile it seems there's a new bug for gunnery in every patch.  That does not reassure me that the company has it's priorities right.

Secondly ... it's indicative of a increasing demand for the players money. I've seen that in the past, and frankly it has always accompanied a decrease in the quality of the game.

We'll see.

• Cool 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
10 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I don't like it. I can live with it, but I don't like it.

For two reasons:

Firstly ... it's another thing that wasn't broken that they 'fixed'.  I don't recall seeing a single post complaining about the missions that the BP has fixed. Meanwhile it seems there's a new bug for gunnery in every patch.  That does not reassure me that the company has it's priorities right.

Secondly ... it's indicative of a increasing demand for the players money. I've seen that in the past, and frankly it has always accompanied a decrease in the quality of the game.

We'll see.

what gunnery bug?  i seem to be doing just fine.. and flamyouknowwho hasn't posted anything...  i am sure he would...

[_BDA_]
Members
906 posts
14,567 battles

I can think of only one good reason to buy the pass, and that's the free removal of modules from Tier 2-4 ships that are really only rusting on unused hulls.

[WPORT]
Members
20,733 posts
22,656 battles
7 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I can think of only one good reason to buy the pass, and that's the free removal of modules from Tier 2-4 ships that are really only rusting on unused hulls.

I purchased the "Battle Pass" for 2,500 doubloons, with the goal of welcoming the Tier-7 Japanese Cruiser, the Tokachi, to my Port.
Essentially, if I "grind" well enough, I'll get a ship and some other goodies for 2,500 doubloons.
For me, it is feeling a bit like a "dockyard", and that's something I have mixed feelings about.
I figure if it works-out, I'll gain a ship for a "sweat equity" discount.  If it doesn't work out, I probably won't be buying-in to future Battle Pass events.  

Edited to add a screenshot of my current progress.
I have to wait until the "time-gate" of the next phases become unlocked.
image_2022-11-05_081243788.thumb.png.6cfb351032bc58af2672d33de4d22613.png

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
29 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I purchased the "Battle Pass" for 2,500 doubloons, with the goal of welcoming the Tier-7 Japanese Cruiser, the Tokachi, to my Port.
Essentially, if I "grind" well enough, I'll get a ship and some other goodies for 2,500 doubloons.
For me, it is feeling a bit like a "dockyard", and that's something I have mixed feelings about.
I figure if it works-out, I'll gain a ship for a "sweat equity" discount.  If it doesn't work out, I probably won't be buying-in to future Battle Pass events.  

Edited to add a screenshot of my current progress.
I have to wait until the "time-gate" of the next phases become unlocked.

now of course you could spend more for less 'sweat'....... and gain a couple more levels...   

Quit with the Carrot and Stick Analogy for Sales Team Motivation - SOAR  Performance Group

[WPORT]
Members
20,733 posts
22,656 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

now of course you could spend more for less 'sweat'....... and gain a couple more levels...   

Quit with the Carrot and Stick Analogy for Sales Team Motivation - SOAR  Performance Group

My doubloons budget isn't that big.  Also, if I wanted a Tier-7 ship for doubloons, I'd just buy it from the premium shop or the armory.

• Cool 3

[KAPPA]
Members
2,003 posts
10,560 battles

In my opinion, it's not so bad. I've been working on it in a combination of ops and co-op and already have all the week 1 missions cleared for the basic weekly mission chain. I work retail, so I'm mostly limited to playing on my days off now, but based on the progress I'm making, it looks fairly easy to me. I like to spend a couple hours at a time playing a decent grade computer game anyways, so if I only have one or two spare hours to work with, I'll play a simpler phone or tablet based game instead. It's part of why I still haven't gotten very far in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, as I can and do spend whole chunks of a day in a game like that, and I just haven't been able to do that for a while now. WoWS occupies a middle position for me, something I can play for many hours at a time, but I can easily cut it short when I need to. Considering I'm also trying to get the hang of the new IJN Cls and haapen to be on day 2 of a fairly rare 3 day 'weekend' for me, I've got a pretty good opportunity to make some good progress now while I can. Later, when I have less time to work with, this rapid jump ahead should help cover for when I can't blowout the weekly mission chain all at once.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,734 posts
37,494 battles

Played my normal games and cleared the weekly this morning. Unless they change the parameters I don't see this being any more onerous than the previous daily/weekly/monthly trials.

[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,247 battles
17 hours ago, SKurj said:

what gunnery bug?  i seem to be doing just fine.. and flamyouknowwho hasn't posted anything...  i am sure he would... 

It's possible there's no bug in this patch, and that's why I've had to change where I aim and how I shoot.

Although I'm still finding I have to wait a few seconds after the aiming reticle is in place before I can expect the guns to actually shoot at what I'm aiming at.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,734 posts
37,494 battles

Hit level 75 this morning, with premium pass I have harvested the following

48,000 coal,

3,300 steel,

3,300 RBP,

55,000 FXP,

155,000 ECXP,

4 port slots,

42 rare bonuses containers,

20 common bonuses containers,

51 more signals containers,

100 special bonuses,

60 rare bonuses,

12 unique bonuses,

2.5 million silver,

1 Tokachi T7 premium DD,

1 10 point commander.

+ full clan bonuses on those things that it applies to and clan oil for containers.

One the whole, for 2500 doubloons I think it's worth it, given that I haven't played any more than usual and there was no 'grind' involved.

Edited by Efros
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
8 hours ago, Efros said:

One the whole, for 2500 doubloons I think it's worth it, given that I haven't played any more than usual and there was no 'grind' involved.

I agree about this first battle pass being worth 2500 doubloons.  We'll have to see if this first one is an outlier.  I sort of doubt WG will continue to be anywhere near this generous.  Going forward, I doubt it will be worth $10.  Well see.

As for no grind, that might be the case for some, but not everyone.  I was able to complete the BP even with the internet being down at my house for a week.  However, I played a lot more than I normally would because I wanted to get a sense of how much effort this was going to take.  With my normal amount of play there is almost no chance of my getting much from the new BP system.  For me, I think the BP is just going to be another thing added to an ever growing list of things that are pushing me away from the game.  This year was the first time I didn't buy any Black Friday containers, and no B version ships.  I seriously doubt I'll be buying the year of premium time with the usual holiday sale.  When my premium time runs out I'm guessing that will mean I'll be playing much less. 

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I agree about this first battle pass being worth 2500 doubloons.  We'll have to see if this first one is an outlier.  I sort of doubt WG will continue to be anywhere near this generous.  Going forward, I doubt it will be worth $10.  Well see.

I am in agreement with your thinking. IMHO what we probably will see is a see sawing of good rewards and bad rewards all determined by participation numbers. If those start to dip, better prize to increase participation. Big numbers, get a bit more stingy with the rewards.  We have to wait and see what the all mighty spreadsheet says. 

For me, the new BP mechanic has just crushed my desire to play. Just too much grinding so I am done spending actual money and am holding on to my last doubloons for a bit. I don't want Ships to end up for me like Tanks, uninstalling with 20k gold on my account. I still feel a bit cheated but was tired of that grind. My only goal for WoWS going forward is that 440 coal a day which takes me around 15-20 minutes and then I am done. Farming the absolute easiest stuff is my path going forward. No more cash to spend on the game and very little time playing.  I do feel kind of sad like when an old friend from school dies, but life goes on. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am in agreement with your thinking. IMHO what we probably will see is a see sawing of good rewards and bad rewards all determined by participation numbers. If those start to dip, better prize to increase participation. Big numbers, get a bit more stingy with the rewards.  We have to wait and see what the all mighty spreadsheet says. 

You're probably right about the seesaw.  As I thought about this more.  How could WG offer a ship and a bunch of other stuff while there is a dockyard going on.  These two things would likely compete too much for people''s spending.  A ship/steel/coal and other goodies for $10 is a slam dunk over way more money and grind for yet another boring dockyard ship.  Also, I don't think WG will continue to be this generous with steel.

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles
On 11/3/2022 at 8:00 PM, Taylor3006 said:

I mean full on poop sandwich kind of suck.

But spreadsheet says it's "fulfilling".  Just like 1st PR Event!

:Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this