You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paradat

2022 flake event. 11.11 devblog

52 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

OH boy! New dev blog includes flake event details. 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/387

Festive Rewards

In Update 0.11.11, players will receive traditional New Year rewards for battle results on all their ships, starting from Tier V. Just like during the World of Warships 7th Anniversary celebrations, players with 100 or more ships in their Port will be able to receive multiple rewards in one battle!

Depending on the Tier of the ship, players will receive various gifts:

• Tier V-VII ships - 750 Coal;
  • Tier VIII-IX ships - 75 Steel;
  • Tier X ships - 1 New Year Certificate;
  • Superships - 500 research points.

New Year Certificates are a temporary resource that can be exchanged in Update 0.11.11 for 375,000 credits or for any of the three types of Santa’s Gift containers:

• Santa's Gift container - 1 New Year certificate;
  • Santa’s Big Gift container - 3 New Year certificates;
  • Santa's Mega Gift container - 5 New Year certificates. 
  • Game Of Thrones Christmas GIF
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

That looks like a lot of steel and coal.

Sweet!

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Updated santa crate ship list:

40 new ships have been added to the "Santa’s Gift", "Santa’s Big Gift" and "Santa’s Mega Gift" containers.

Ship list
Tier V–VII ship Tier VIII–IX ship Tier X ship or a rare ship
K. Schönberg Rochester Fujin
FR25 San Diego Kamikaze
Huron Hampshire Kamikaze R
Toulon Tulsa Gremyashchy
Maya Carnot Black
Rio de Janeiro Dalian F. Sherman
Repulse Brandenburg Khabarovsk
Collingwood Anhalt Álvaro de Bazán
Novorossiysk Kearsarge Anchorage
Béarn Giuseppe Verdi Giulio Cesare
  Iwami Odin
  Hornet Hizen
  Aquila G. Kurfürst
  Chkalov Malta
  I-56  
  S-189

[UNCLN]
Members
424 posts
19,357 battles

So looks like snowflake will only last for one update? And the Christmas Patch will last for 4 weeks or 5?

Edited by a252

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,578 posts

I don't really get why super ships get the RB points instead of the certificates.  I can make as many RB points as I want.... I am the sad.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I don't really get why super ships get the RB points instead of the certificates.  I can make as many RB points as I want.... I am the sad.

Yeah that is an interesting change. I am pretty happy with tier 8 and 9 getting steel.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,578 posts
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Yeah that is an interesting change. I am pretty happy with tier 8 and 9 getting steel.

For sure.  I just have been buying every super ship.....mostly just for the flake event containers. :Smile_veryhappy:  Ah well.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

Depending on the Tier of the ship, players will receive various gifts:

• Tier V-VII ships - 750 Coal;
  • Tier VIII-IX ships - 75 Steel;
  • Tier X ships - 1 New Year Certificate;
  • Superships - 500 research points.

New Year Certificates are a temporary resource that can be exchanged in Update 0.11.11 for 375,000 credits or for any of the three types of Santa’s Gift containers:

• Santa's Gift container - 1 New Year certificate;
  • Santa’s Big Gift container - 3 New Year certificates;
  • Santa's Mega Gift container - 5 New Year certificates. 

For anyone wondering, this is the same as last year, with the exception of the RP for superships.  There were no rewards for superships last year.  Just trying to head off the inevitable posts saying WG is giving out less than last year. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

For sure.  I just have been buying every super ship.....mostly just for the flake event containers. :Smile_veryhappy:  Ah well.

LOL, same for me. Well will help the first line reset for next year.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

For anyone wondering, this is the same as last year, with the exception of the RP for superships.  There were no rewards for superships last year.  Just trying to head off the inevitable posts saying WG is giving out less than last year. 

Last years haul:

Capture.PNG2021.thumb.PNG.03d88a8545184d2b2bb7b2fa73947502.PNG

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,577 posts
17,526 battles
16 minutes ago, a252 said:

So looks like snowflake will only last for one update? And the Christmas Patch will last for 4 weeks or 5?

Yeah, that's probably the one thing I don't like this time around. The bonus gifts system from the anniversary will definitely help, but one patch is going to be really tight. Especially with my RL December schedule and everything else that's going to be going on in that patch.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,577 posts
17,526 battles
27 minutes ago, paradat said:

That looks like a lot of steel and coal.

Sweet!

I'm definitely looking forward to it as well, just like every year.

Even if I do absolutely no tech tree grinding between now and the end of the Christmas flakes, I'm already getting over 120k coal and almost 7k steel. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I'm definitely looking forward to it as well, just like every year.

Even if I do absolutely no tech tree grinding between now and the end of the Christmas flakes, I'm already getting over 120k coal and almost 7k steel. 

Nice!

I have not started the count yet but it should be a very good year.

[SALVO]
Members
16,451 posts
10,192 battles
21 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

20 minutes ago, paradat said:

To keep T10 ships relevant?

A very subdued fact about Superships being added is they make T10 ships irrelevant. T10 ships lead nowhere, you don't need to even buy them or play them in order to get the corresponding Supership and even worse, they are a credit sink... so it makes more sense to bypass them completely and shoot for the Supership. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

To keep T10 ships relevant?

A very subdued fact about Superships being added is they make T10 ships irrelevant. T10 ships lead nowhere, you don't need to even buy them or play them in order to get the corresponding Supership and even worse, they are a credit sink... so it makes more sense to bypass them completely and shoot for the Supership. 

True but super ships are an even bigger credit sink lol. 

Plenty of times I will play Yamato over Satsuma. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i've got a line up of researched T9's and T10's i can't afford to purchase

[SALVO]
Members
16,451 posts
10,192 battles
Just now, paradat said:

True but super ships are an even bigger credit sink lol. 

Plenty of times I will play Yamato over Satsuma. 

I mean, buying the T10 ship represents 30-40% more credits needed in order to reach the Supership, and it isn't like you'll be printing significant numbers of credits playing them anyway, you don't need to grind XP neither so there's no practical need to play them other than having an undisputable tier advantage, which has shifted to Superships. The significant credit sink imo is the initial investment, I think it is possible to have at least a neutral balance on Superships if you are able to pull decent performances. 

I don't see any reason to ever again acquire or play a TT T10 ship when you can either get the Supership or play  Special T10 ships. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

I mean, buying the T10 ship represents 30-40% more credits needed in order to reach the Supership, and it isn't like you'll be printing significant numbers of credits playing them anyway, you don't need to grind XP neither so there's no practical need to play them other than having an undisputable tier advantage, which has shifted to Superships. The significant credit sink imo is the initial investment, I think it is possible to have at least a neutral balance on Superships if you are able to pull decent performances. 

I don't see any reason to ever again acquire or play a TT T10 ship when you can either get the Supership or play  Special T10 ships. 

Agreed. I think I would have preferred a strait up tier 11 but man that grind would be epic.

Having said that a lot of the tier 10 ships are a lot of fun so regardless of them not leading anywhere I would still get them.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

better off playing t9's for the rewards if you still have some to grind or the premiums