Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Great video on Battle Pass and a warning

8 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
927 posts
19,696 battles

This video from Potato Quality is an excellent visual explanation of Battle Pass. What it does very well is give you decision points when to buy or not buy a BP. The best suggestion is to NOT buy it right away until you see how far you progress along the Free Battle Pass chain. If you are a more casual player it seemed not worth the doubloons. If you play hours a day, every day it may be worth it. I'll let him explain it in his excellent video.

(36) Is The Battle Pass Worth It? - World of Warships - YouTube

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,926 battles

So it looks like the season bonuses give a total of 150 extra BPP per season. That does not translate to a lot of coal for the price tag, which is a shame because I am specifically interested in trading dollars for coal.

Kinda scummy to not even publish how much BPP is in those missions until you pay for them.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,252 posts
21,791 battles

I play about three hours a day at most, manage to clear every daily mission and daily container. Definitely worth it if you play in that manner because you don't need to change how you play to get all the rewards.

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 hour ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I play about three hours a day at most, manage to clear every daily mission and daily container. Definitely worth it if you play in that manner because you don't need to change how you play to get all the rewards.

i play 3 hours and i don't get as far as you, and i don't play that every day...  prior to bp i'd be happy to get 2 containers and call it a night.

either way this is entirely designed to encourage more to pay and play as you do Potter.

[ERK]
Members
960 posts
15,027 battles
2 hours ago, Willy55_1955 said:

If you are a more casual player it seemed not worth the doubloons.

Yeah, I think the casual player is going to hate this system, the rewards come in chunks rather than being smoothed out so at least people that only play a few days here and there could get a sliver of pie, now its feast or famine.

[ODIN]
Members
116 posts
7,252 battles
6 minutes ago, Superczar said:

Yeah, I think the casual player is going to hate this system, the rewards come in chunks rather than being smoothed out so at least people that only play a few days here and there could get a sliver of pie, now its feast or famine.

The previous system was almost always famine for the causal player who could one play a few days a week. Now you don’t have to play literally every single day to get all the daily rewards.

Also, all the weekly missions last until the end update in the same manner as the dockyard weekly missions. This means that a player who waits until the end of the update still has the opportunity to grind out a majority of the battle pass and get the rewards.

[ERK]
Members
960 posts
15,027 battles
3 hours ago, WillRuggz7 said:

The previous system was almost always famine for the causal player who could one play a few days a week. Now you don’t have to play literally every single day to get all the daily rewards.

Also, all the weekly missions last until the end update in the same manner as the dockyard weekly missions. This means that a player who waits until the end of the update still has the opportunity to grind out a majority of the battle pass and get the rewards.

You're going to have to play everyday though to get the bulk of the rewards, as the daily chain only gives out 10 points, good enough for just one level out of 50 - so you'll only get 30/31* levels from the daily chain. You're pretty much forced into completing a large portion of the weekly chain then to hit level 50. At least under the old system, casuals who only played a couple times a week could still trickle in some coal and steel every day they played.

Edited by Superczar

Sign in to follow this