Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WildWitch

Why has the game gone down for 3 hours again?

24 comments in this topic

[BOMBL]
Members
225 posts
9,660 battles

I thought the update was last night - did i miss an announcement about the server going down again tonight?

A pop up in game 30 seconds before the server went down was the first i heard about it - what the heck is happening?

[SCCC]
Members
12 posts
5,491 battles

Ditto, same warning just before it went down. Also saw that there is a game issue causing system crash upon existing the game....... maybe this is to fix that? Either way im annoyed being 9pm in Australia (my prime time).

Poor comms WG....again 

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts

So *&^(#!) typical. I wait an entire patch to get "Random Operations" back and 2hrs in, poof... 

Speaking of random. 3 Ultimate FUs in a row. Yep, Ops tweaks working as intended. Payouts seemed lower too but, not enough data...

• Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts

And beware of that Wakeful in Narai (my 4th Op before it all went down, with the "critical error" after exiting). I think it's a Fletcher in disguise now...

[BOMBL]
Members
225 posts
9,660 battles
6 minutes ago, _MrMayhem said:

Ditto, same warning just before it went down. Also saw that there is a game issue causing system crash upon existing the game....... maybe this is to fix that? Either way im annoyed being 9pm in Australia (my prime time).

Poor comms WG....again 

Yeah you think some kind of advance notice would be reasonable - but then again that would imply customer service , planning and communication skills

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles
11 minutes ago, WildWitch said:

I thought the update was last night - did i miss an announcement about the server going down again tonight?

A pop up in game 30 seconds before the server went down was the first i heard about it - what the heck is happening?

It's a deliberate policy just to kack you off and generate 340 new threads in the forum about the server being down :)

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,229 battles

Continues to be down.....

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,229 battles
18 minutes ago, WildWitch said:

A pop up in game 30 seconds before the server went down was the first i heard about it

No warning...battle just finished and connection was instantly lost....

[SCCC]
Members
12 posts
5,491 battles
7 minutes ago, WildWitch said:

Yeah you think some kind of advance notice would be reasonable - but then again that would imply customer service , planning and communication skills

lol, i saw a flash message in port just before it went down, had to look on the support page..... that listed the patch times for 24 hours ago so we thought it was an error message in game. THEN it went down. so  wrong time listed, no notice and not a care i guess

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles
Just now, DJC_499 said:

No warning...battle just finished and connection was instantly lost....

Never a good idea to be playing during the daily reset..  thats time to go make a coffee :)

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,229 battles
1 minute ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

Never a good idea to be playing during the daily reset..  thats time to go make a coffee :)

Usually the reset only occurs on Mondays, but of course if they really want to screw with the morning players there are two. It is quite rare for ones during the week and normally there is not too long a delay although, of course, they fix it so you lose all of your battle statistics. Of course they cannot schedule updates during the nighttime hours and work to prevent early morning players getting in.

[BOMBL]
Members
225 posts
9,660 battles
5 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

its not the daily reset -are you not following the convo?  its a 3 hours server downtime that was unannounced - you will be having quite a few coffees while you wait
They announced a 3 hour downtime

Edited by WildWitch

[BOMBL]
Members
225 posts
9,660 battles
7 minutes ago, _MrMayhem said:

lol, i saw a flash message in port just before it went down, had to look on the support page..... that listed the patch times for 24 hours ago so we thought it was an error message in game. THEN it went down. so  wrong time listed, no notice and not a care i guess

Yeah its only us Aussies and Kiwis on at this time, we are used to being stiiffed with the lack of events this time of night :fish_nerv:

[PVE]
Members
1,154 posts
38,991 battles
4 minutes ago, WildWitch said:

its not the daily reset -are you not following the convo?  its a 3 hours server downtime that was unannounced - you will be having quite a few coffees while you wait
They announced a 3 hour downtime

Where did they announce it? I can't seem to find one.

[SCCC]
Members
12 posts
5,491 battles
Just now, WildWitch said:

Yeah its only us Aussies and Kiwis on at this time, we are used to being stiiffed with the lack of events this time of night :fish_nerv:

true. I too am VERY sick of the god damned time gating on stuff especially ranked. If we cant play clan battles on NA times due to a days lag and it being work time for us, its one of the few things to be able to earn steel in. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MDS]
[MDS]
Members
11 posts
19,698 battles

I heard it was Elon Musk who crashed the servers! Something about an $8 payment that was past due.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[NEMO]
Members
1 post
16 minutes ago, WildWitch said:

Yup.. Aussies playing the waiting game once more :(

[WOLFX]
Members
812 posts
1,713 battles
1 hour ago, WildWitch said:

There is always the ASIA server ...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFX]
Members
812 posts
1,713 battles

About eleven thousand players on the ASIA server 30 minutes ago.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

looks like wg didn't offer the better devs enough money so they stayed with lesta

Sign in to follow this