You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mizzerys_Fate

Premium time no longer required

8 comments in this topic

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles

With premium pass and monthly plus, premium time is no longer needed.

We have new boosters, without  the top 2 boosters available. 

We have free battle pass that gives you less than last months dailies. 

Now you're practically forced to buy both tiers of premium to even come close to the old dragon flags and rewards of old....

If WG wants me to spend money every month on the game, it's either WOWS EXCLUSIVE PREMIUM TIME, not compatible with the other 2 games I play, tanks n planes....

OR

It's premium battle pass....

BUT NOT BOTH.

I Cannot buy premium time, 2 battle pass levels, EARLY ACCESS BUNDLES and DOCKYARD events...

YOU HAVE FINALLY FOUND OUT HOW TO CLOSE MY WALLET FOR THE NEXT 403 DAYS...

And thanks to 2021 and 2022 I have all but 3 premium ships....

Subs don't count.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,601 posts

It looks as though - like me - WG have pretty much laid the path you will now tread. With everyone having their own level of spending power WG have thrown a number of options in the mix with the ability to buy more and be greater rewarded.

Got to say I don't think the way they've introduced the new format is too bad (as they were always going to try different ways to earn the money! :Smile_coin: This seems reasonable IMO)

Of course it can suck sometimes if you find you can't keep up with everything they offer, there can be that feeling of missing out, but I found it really doesn't matter! I have plenty of ships, I earn the in-game credits to progress and on top of that earn a reasonable amount of free in game goodies. I'm really not 'missing out', because I've found I have survived just fine with what's on offer in my  range and have done for ages!

I look at all the ships I just don't play, the ships I do, my many favourites and some unique ships/camo. It's a great collection! Of course, some will spend more, play more, and have more - but I look at my collection and the enjoyment I get from the game (5 years after starting to play) and find I'm very happy thank you...

and I guess that's the kind of thing I look for from a game. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 3

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
8 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It looks as though - like me - WG have pretty much laid the path you will now tread. With everyone having their own level of spending power WG have thrown a number of options in the mix with the ability to buy more and be greater rewarded.

Got to say I don't think the way they've introduced the new format is too bad (as they were always going to try different ways to earn the money! :Smile_coin: This seems reasonable IMO)

Of course it can suck sometimes if you find you can't keep up with everything they offer, there can be that feeling of missing out, but I found it really doesn't matter! I have plenty of ships, I earn the in-game credits to progress and on top of that earn a reasonable amount of free in game goodies. I'm really not 'missing out', because I've found I have survived just fine with what's on offer in my  range and have done for ages!

I look at all the ships I just don't play, the ships I do, my many favourites and some unique ships/camo. It's a great collection! Of course, some will spend more, play more, and have more - but I look at my collection and the enjoyment I get from the game (5 years after starting to play) and find I'm very happy thank you...

and I guess that's the kind of thing I look for from a game. :Smile_honoring:

I used to be able to get most of the freebies by playing a couple hours a day....

Now it seems that I need to spend 30 bucks and play 15 hrs/week to get all the rewards .

This is as bad as having to grind for a dockyard ship....

And my Premium time in no way helps on battle pass levels.

So to maximize my time I must spend 10 bucks a month on premium time AND 30 bucks to spend 15/hrs a week hoping my team can win...

No thanks.

I hope everyone realizes the actual cost of the investment and doesn't buy into it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

why the additional $20?  premium bp is only 10$ you gain little with the extra premium thing, unless you already spend more than just on premium time today.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,601 posts
16 hours ago, Pretty_Rkless said:

I used to be able to get most of the freebies by playing a couple hours a day....

Now it seems that I need to spend 30 bucks and play 15 hrs/week to get all the rewards .

This is as bad as having to grind for a dockyard ship....

And my Premium time in no way helps on battle pass levels.

So to maximize my time I must spend 10 bucks a month on premium time AND 30 bucks to spend 15/hrs a week hoping my team can win...

No thanks.

I hope everyone realizes the actual cost of the investment and doesn't buy into it.

I get the frustration - it 'feels' I didn't have to play as much to get more stuff, than I do now.

I do wonder whether it is just my perception or reality. But my thought is, if I can't tell for definite - then does it really matter?

As stated I play significantly less because that is where WG has led me. To get those bigger rewards, does take longer (why shouldn't it?), but for me that balance isn't to my overall benefit and enjoyment - so I don't do it.

I just play what's good for me, I still get free stuff, have no credit/advancement issues, and enjoy the game!

I hope you find your sweet spot, and continue to enjoy sir :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[OCB]
Members
18 posts
19,661 battles

I am playing the game when I want to, if I am not able to get all of the BP done in the time allowed then so be it. Should I lose  too much on the BP then I will quit playing the game and move onto a different warships game, as there are a  few out there. I understand the need for WG to make money and I have no problem with this It's my choice as how much I might be willing to spend playing the and should the price of playing this game consume to much of my time or money then the game isn't worth it any longer to me. The next couple of months will be the determining factor.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
On 11/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, I_R_Groot said:

One step closer to pay to win...

to be honest... it already is, and i will clarify...     winning in wows, or tanks for that matter is being the first to collect em all... and have the mostest...  honestly that's the way the game is designed... lose alot? well just pay to advance quicker... win alot, well you could get their faster if you paid...