Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CS_Raston

Problem with sub captains.

15 comments in this topic

[WAR-S]
Members
114 posts
25,902 battles

After the patch I noticed my subs had no captains. Thought it was odd but went ahead and recalled the captain I originally had. When I did it said I have to retrain him. In talking to a friend he said he had one sub with a captain and one without. It appears the 6 point captain that came with the sub will remain but if you change to a different captain they went to reserve with the new patch. Kind of crappy having to retrain a captain that was already trained.  

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
12 minutes ago, CS_Raston said:

After the patch I noticed my subs had no captains. Thought it was odd but went ahead and recalled the captain I originally had. When I did it said I have to retrain him. In talking to a friend he said he had one sub with a captain and one without. It appears the 6 point captain that came with the sub will remain but if you change to a different captain they went to reserve with the new patch. Kind of crappy having to retrain a captain that was already trained.  

Yeah.  Same thing happened to me.
It's really annoying to be an avid supporter of Submarines, to play them in all testing patches/updates, and to cultivate Submarine Commanders with rented Submarines and, then, when the Submarines are "released to the tech-tree" all players are forced to re-train the Commanders they've already put so much effort into.

Tagging @Ahskance.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
17 minutes ago, CS_Raston said:

The issue is that ships in Early Access are able to receive Commanders which aren't trained for the ship in the same way a Premium Ship can. 

It's common for a player to remove the low point Commander and replace them with a high-point one they have from a different ship, but there is no retraining in that process.  Once Early Access ends and the ships become normal Tech Tree ships, you need to decide if you want to keep the high-point Commander in their new home or not.

[-AGW-]
Members
765 posts
47,441 battles
23 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  Same thing happened to me.
It's really annoying to be an avid supporter of Submarines, to play them in all testing patches/updates, and to cultivate Submarine Commanders with rented Submarines and, then, when the Submarines are "released to the tech-tree" all players are forced to re-train the Commanders they've already put so much effort into.

Tagging @Ahskance.

The need to retrain thing happens to all Early Access ships too.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,985 battles
41 minutes ago, Musket22 said:

The need to retrain thing happens to all Early Access ships too.

Only if you put a captain from another ship on it while in early access and want to keep him there.

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The issue is that ships in Early Access are able to receive Commanders which aren't trained for the ship in the same way a Premium Ship can. 

It's common for a player to remove the low point Commander and replace them with a high-point one they have from a different ship, but there is no retraining in that process.  Once Early Access ends and the ships become normal Tech Tree ships, you need to decide if you want to keep the high-point Commander in their new home or not.

I recruited 5 Commanders and grabbed a 6th Commander from my reserve barracks when Submarine Testing came to the live-server.
I started playing them when they were each at 6 skill-points.
They're all over 10 skill points now, some are 11 and one is 13 skill points.
They've been trained in Submarine Captain's Skills.

Then the "release" happened after "early access" and *poof*.
I have to spend CommanderXP to re-train them.

As some say in New England, "It's a frikken wikked pissah!"

[WOLFH]
Members
745 posts
31,845 battles
4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I recruited 5 Commanders and grabbed a 6th Commander from my reserve barracks when Submarine Testing came to the live-server.

Did you re-train them for the subs you put them on?

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
5 hours ago, Grantwhy said:

Did you re-train them for the subs you put them on?

Yes, they were each trained in Submarine skills during the "rental" period, and were not "reset" during the change-over updates/patches which were in-between the "Submarine Testing" and the "Submarine live-server full release".

[A-D-F]
Members
769 posts
9,333 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes, they were each trained in Submarine skills during the "rental" period, and were not "reset" during the change-over updates/patches which were in-between the "Submarine Testing" and the "Submarine live-server full release".

Training skills and training to specific ships are different things 

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
23 minutes ago, Forgotten_Void said:

Training skills and training to specific ships are different things 

Each was trained to a specific submarine, just in case that was not clear.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It used to be that if, for example, you accidentally left your 19 pointer (as they then were) in a ship as its early access was finishing, they would automatically go into "retraining" for that ship when the patch changed over, and you would have to go through the pain of retraining them back to the ship you'd really wanted them to be in. Now the safety default is to kick them back out to reserve, still trained for their original ship.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
15 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I started playing them when they were each at 6 skill-points.
They're all over 10 skill points now, some are 11 and one is 13 skill points.
They've been trained in Submarine Captain's Skills.

As some say in New England, "It's a frikken wikked pissah!"

i was sure i had done the same with the uk bc line...  and i wondered why i had to retrain captains once they released...  

i didn't spend a dime or ecxp so they are all running around with no skills now...

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this