You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

On why the Battle Pass is a no brainer

102 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles

At least for me, the Battle Pass is so good that it is a no brainer. I already bought it, let me explain why. 

Disclaimer: This is based on my own personal playing experience, results may vary based on your own mileage.

I usually play on a daily basis, skipping a day here and there but enough to collect my monthly SC. I play about 1-1.5 hours per session which usually placed me around the 4th-5th Daily mission (on the daily chain), in consequence I frequently lost the more juicer rewards from the daily chain (steel, signals, and of course the final reward of the chain). The weekly chain it was easier to complete as I would play some extra time on weekends. 

Under the new BP scheme, I would get 320 points from the weekly chain (gets done as usual) and about 120 points from the dailies, playing up to the 4th mission as I usually do. This leaves me 50 points short to complete the full chain. Account weekends as I normally play for the extra 48 points (full chain), it means I will get the full BP done just by playing as I regularly do. No extra grind. 

In exchange of playing like I ALWAYS do, I get to enjoy the full rewards... no more rewards going to waste on the daily chain, I get to enjoy all of it. And for 2500 dubs I can get on top of it a T7 premium ship and a truckload of stuff I'm too lazy to compile, but it is very juicy. The funny part is I get to farm at least 1000 free Dubs a month by playing Ranked as I normally do, so worst case scenario the BP cost me 1500 Dubs a month, 2500 Dubs is like $5 US over here... this is a really great deal imo. 

I see myself becoming a Premium BP regular, even when I'm not a PT user and all around FTP. As monetization schemes goes, this one offers a lot of value and is very attractive. Have a thumbs up WG :cap_like:

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,300 posts
23,628 battles

Agreed. The 2500 dubs version is a no brainer.

• Cool 1

[STRM]
Beta Testers
641 posts

If you like the final reward (the ship), 2.5k dubs is a nice deal. No brainer for me as well, I'm going to splurge on the BP this patch cycle. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
Just now, Saint06 said:

But to get the free ship it's 6,500 dubs.

No, the 6500 dubs version gives you the extra stuff listed under season bonuses (or something like that). The juice on that is it gives you extra mission chains so you can get the BP completed while playing less, it is basically a short cut on the BP chain.

[BTLST]
Members
995 posts
15,797 battles

I have spent a considerable amount of money in this game and am happy to have done so as I received what I considered good value in return.    But this monthly payment in doubloons for upgraded Battle Passes to me is a solid move by WoWs to true pay to play, and yes before everyone castigates me for not recognizing it is an individual choice I do recognize that.    Had it been a season pass for a year I would have been interested but as currently set I will not be spending my doubloons on it.    It cost 83 doubloons per day (33 cents) for the 1st upgraded pass and 208 doubloons per day (82 cents) for the top Battle Pass.    ON a per year cost this is 45,000 doubloons (or $178.21 per year) and 75,000 doubloons (or $297.00 per year).    A bit rich to my way of thinking.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,679 posts
22,621 battles

I think the Battle Pass de-values "premiun time", though.  :cap_hmm:

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 3

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,590 posts
16,522 battles
9 minutes ago, Saint06 said:

But to get the free ship it's 6,500 dubs.

It's only 2,500 Doubloons to activate the paid battle pass. 

There is an extra Premium option which gives additional benefits for a higher amount, but it isn't needed to be able to get the ship.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,590 posts
16,522 battles
6 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

It cost 83 doubloons per day (33 cents) for the 1st upgraded pass and 208 doubloons per day (82 cents) for the top Battle Pass.    ON a per year cost this is 45,000 doubloons (or $178.21 per year) and 75,000 doubloons (or $297.00 per year).    A bit rich to my way of thinking.

The base version is 2,500 Doubloons.  Extrapolated over 12 patches/12 months that's 30,000 Doubloons or ~$120 ($10 per month).

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,305 battles

i see the OP's point, an FTP player who plays ranked can pick up enough doubs to comfortably do this.

for the FTPs who don't...it does not look so good.

& is it just me (it usually is) or are the rewards for the dailies just a little further down the road than they used to be...

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
3 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

I have spent a considerable amount of money in this game and am happy to have done so as I received what I considered good value in return.    But this monthly payment in doubloons for upgraded Battle Passes to me is a solid move by WoWs to true pay to play, a

Why do you think that? It takes nothing from the existing stuff, it just add extra stuff for those who are willing to pay more. I don't see it as pay-to-play at all, it changes nothing from your current experience.

7 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

It cost 83 doubloons per day (33 cents) for the 1st upgraded pass and 208 doubloons per day (82 cents) for the top Battle Pass.    ON a per year cost this is 45,000 doubloons (or $178.21 per year) and 75,000 doubloons (or $297.00 per year).    A bit rich to my way of thinking.

This 6500 Dubs version is clearly whale territory, but the 2500 version is an interesting deal in itself. Could be equated to a mini-dockyard of sorts. I'm not very keen in buying PT as in the end you are just buying time (and I'm here to spend time tbh), but the BP offers an interesting assortment of goodies.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,111 posts
20,467 battles

I don't see anything on the list that will make the game better for me for $10.  And that includes a tier 7 premium I won't play all that often.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

[USCG]
Members
1,004 posts
31,492 battles

Question… The video says you can buy the 2,500 dub upgrade at anytime and will receive all the back “premium” rewards as well (at least that’s how I heard it…).

What happens to the normal rewards you’ve received up to that point? Am I missing something???

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
45 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

At least for me, the Battle Pass is so good that it is a no brainer. I already bought it, let me explain why.

I agree with your overall position.  The part I bolded here is something worth discussing.  Unless I'm misunderstanding (and that is possible), there is no real advantage to buying the upgraded pass at the start of the battle pass cycle.  As I understand, you can buy the pass at any point and get all of the rewards.  That would allow you to play and see how far along you get during the cycle.  If you can play enough to earn most/all of the rewards then spending 2500 doubloons is probably a good deal.  If for some reason you can't play a lot then it might not be worth while.  With this in mind, I would think it's better to hold off buying the battle pass until later in the cycle, after you reach a threshold where you feel you're getting a good deal. 

The question is, am I right about buying the upgraded pass later and still getting all the rewards?

7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't see anything on the list that will make the game better for me for $10.  And that includes a tier 7 premium I won't play all that often.

I know I won't play that T7 ship beyond getting flakes.  The only reason I'm considering getting the upgraded pass is the free 2500 doubloons I'm sitting on.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
4 minutes ago, derf_20 said:

& is it just me (it usually is) or are the rewards for the dailies just a little further down the road than they used to be...

Not really, previously a day missed was a day wasted, now you can miss some days and still enjoy the full rewards.

16 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think the Battle Pass de-values "premiun time", though.  :cap_hmm:

Not really, it works on different aspects. PT provides you a more efficient use of time, you buy time (shorter grinds). The Premium BP is just extra rewards and stuff, they may overlap only on marginal stuff but are clearly different products.

9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I'll get to play that thing at least for one or two more of the current Ranked sprints so it works for me.

5 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Question… The video says you can buy the 2,500 dub upgrade at anytime and will receive all the back “premium” rewards as well (at least that’s how I heard it…).

What happens to the normal rewards you’ve received up to that point? Am I missing something???

The normal rewards don't change, they are yours already. The BP just throws some stuff on top. The 2500 version makes no difference on when you buy it, the 6500 version does. Just FYI.

6 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The part I bolded here is something worth discussing.  Unless I'm misunderstanding (and that is possible), there is no real advantage to buying the upgraded pass at the start of the battle pass cycle.

That's correct, there's no difference. There's tho for the 6500 version as it gives you extra missions, so you won't get much value out of it if you buy latter. 

8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The question is, am I right about buying the upgraded pass later and still getting all the rewards?

Yes, you are correct. I bought it now because I wanted to make the statement I like the product and have confidence in it, but it makes a lot of sense to buy it later on the season. 

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
9,648 posts
7,316 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

is a no brainer

man-no-brain-sketch-engraving-vector-man

• Funny 2

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,305 battles

11 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Not really, previously a day missed was a day wasted, now you can miss some days and still enjoy the full rewards.

after completing 5 of 6 dailies i get 3 more signal containers? 

ok then it's a straight up nerf i suppose

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles

Played the daily chain with BP:  got rewards through level 5 and 25 Japanese CL tokens along with the usual 3 xp crates.  About 15 matches in coop, although I didn't count.  I think it's fine and seems to a net gain with respect to the previous dailies.  It is VERY "shipyard"-ish so if you like that style, this is an improvement.

My only concern is the battle signals which I do like to use... today it was about even to the prior daily system.

So far:  no cause for alarm... save that for the guided torps coming around the island at you!

Fair winds and following seas!

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,679 posts
22,621 battles

Current progress.
image_2022-11-02_143130207.thumb.png.85eeb5c5d09bd043c3d4b5dc35bc839a.png

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
Just now, derf_20 said:

Contrast those 3 signal containers against the other changes to have a rounded up evaluation. 

I'm not adding up the stuff as I honestly don't care, but at least in my case it is a buff. That's a certainty. 

If you played enough to complete most of your dailies, you'll get extra stuff under the BP scheme. Stuff beyond the listed on the 50 level progression.

[NWNG]
Members
3,934 posts
6,122 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Disclaimer: This is based on my own personal playing experience, results may vary based on your own mileage.

I usually play on a daily basis, skipping a day here and there but enough to collect my monthly SC. I play about 1-1.5 hours per session which usually placed me around the 4th-5th Daily mission (on the daily chain), in consequence I frequently lost the more juicer rewards from the daily chain (steel, signals, and of course the final reward of the chain). The weekly chain it was easier to complete as I would play some extra time on weekends. 

Under the new BP scheme, I would get 320 points from the weekly chain (gets done as usual) and about 120 points from the dailies, playing up to the 4th mission as I usually do. This leaves me 50 points short to complete the full chain. Account weekends as I normally play for the extra 48 points (full chain), it means I will get the full BP done just by playing as I regularly do. No extra grind. 

In exchange of playing like I ALWAYS do, I get to enjoy the full rewards... no more rewards going to waste on the daily chain, I get to enjoy all of it. And for 2500 dubs I can get on top of it a T7 premium ship and a truckload of stuff I'm too lazy to compile, but it is very juicy. The funny part is I get to farm at least 1000 free Dubs a month by playing Ranked as I normally do, so worst case scenario the BP cost me 1500 Dubs a month, 2500 Dubs is like $5 US over here... this is a really great deal imo. 

I see myself becoming a Premium BP regular, even when I'm not a PT user and all around FTP. As monetization schemes goes, this one offers a lot of value and is very attractive. Have a thumbs up WG :cap_like:

And thus we have someone who did the math, and found he can complete the BP without changing playstyles. 1 data point proving "Without changing play schedule, you can get equal or greater rewards" that I said in another thread.

Now the question is: Will this math hold up in practice. We must wait and see... I absolutely LOVE the BP system. An extra step to claim the rewards (I do not know if rewards are claimed automatically if you forget to do so, at end of month), but far more convienent, imo.

2 minutes ago, derf_20 said:

You forget the weeklies. Each weekly mission completed, is 10 BP points, which completes an entire segment. In the short term, it looks like a Nerf, but in the long term, it's the same as it was before, if not better.

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Current progress.
image_2022-11-02_143130207.thumb.png.85eeb5c5d09bd043c3d4b5dc35bc839a.png

very nice.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,679 posts
22,621 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

very nice.

120686247_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.10eb2da41b4bc54e20cac05f6e63684c.jpg
Thanks.

Members
37 posts
6,700 battles
51 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

I have spent a considerable amount of money in this game and am happy to have done so as I received what I considered good value in return.    But this monthly payment in doubloons for upgraded Battle Passes to me is a solid move by WoWs to true pay to play, and yes before everyone castigates me for not recognizing it is an individual choice I do recognize that.    Had it been a season pass for a year I would have been interested but as currently set I will not be spending my doubloons on it.    It cost 83 doubloons per day (33 cents) for the 1st upgraded pass and 208 doubloons per day (82 cents) for the top Battle Pass.    ON a per year cost this is 45,000 doubloons (or $178.21 per year) and 75,000 doubloons (or $297.00 per year).    A bit rich to my way of thinking.

I don't think it necessarily moves towards pay to play- the FTP experience doesn't change much. But I could definitely see WG offering a subscription model for those interested as they have for years on WoWs Blitz on mobile. There you pay $12/mo and get 1 day premium time, 750 free XP and 30,000 credits as a daily login bonus, plus 3600 doubloons once per month (economy is a little different so values don't match exactly but you get the idea). WoWs offers a 30 day premium time/ 2500 doubloon bundle for $18 but they would get a lot of value from recurring payments so I could see something like a subscription to premium time and the battle pass as a bundle for $15 of something in the future. Companies love recurring revenue. Just a theory.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts
23 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You forget the weeklies. Each weekly mission completed, is 10 BP points, which completes an entire segment. In the short term, it looks like a Nerf, but in the long term, it's the same as it was before, if not better.

So you're paying doubloons for "the same - if not better"?

Well, not too sure about paying for the same bit, but I guess it's up to each person to see (if they actually manage to get the 'if not better' part of the equation) whether paying for that extra is worth it.

Good luck to all :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

So you're paying doubloons for "the same - if not better"?

The paying is for extra stuff. "The same -if not better" refers to the FTP aspect (not paying),

• Cool 1