Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Singularity_invader

ModStation Cannot Detect Game Client Post Update

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11
[GFLOT]
Members
19 posts

Dito

1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

As the title says. Used ModStation Diagnosis tool, but it didn't work either.

Screenshot (389).png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,657 posts
32 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Mine just updated now and it sees the game. Just says the modifications are not available yet.

I just tried again, same problem. Are you using Steam's client or WG's original client?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,418
[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles
59 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

I just tried again, same problem. Are you using Steam's client or WG's original client?

WGC. Based on the post in the modstation thread, modstation is not currently supporting the game through steam, so that could be your problem if you're using steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,657 posts
8 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

WGC. Based on the post in the modstation thread, modstation is not currently supporting the game through steam, so that could be your problem if you're using steam.

Well, the ModStation supported Steam's client before this patch, so that sounds more like an excuse than a reason, but okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[GFLOT]
Members
19 posts
32 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Well, the ModStation supported Steam's client before this patch, so that sounds more like an excuse than a reason, but okay.

I agree this look like a lazy excuse .. Maybe I'll support another game. Playing without the mods changes too much my game play and experience. Maybe they have so much of a huge player base that they can ditch a couple!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[GFLOT]
Members
19 posts

6 hours ago, ModManager said:

ModStation application updated to version 2.1.0.4

  • remove support Steam client
  • change work links
  • fix in description

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,657 posts
26 minutes ago, Chubb_D said:

 

 

To verify, I installed WoWs client for a second time via WGC in a different folder. Turns out, ModStation does support the game's client there.

I've also seen reports that support for Epic Games doesn't work either. I take it as a sign that WG wants to start "decoupling" with platforms like Steam and Epic?

Screenshot (390).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[GFLOT]
Members
19 posts
7 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

To verify, I installed WoWs client for a second time via WGC in a different folder. Turns out, ModStation does support the game's client there.

I've also seen reports that support for Epic Games doesn't work either. I take it as a sign that WG wants to start "decoupling" with platforms like Steam and Epic?

Screenshot (390).png

I'm on Steam and staying there:dance_turtle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[-H-]
Members
39 posts
9,901 battles

Quoted:

ModStation application updated to version 2.1.0.4 

  • remove support Steam client
  • change work links
  • fix in description

 

Seriously?  Well, I guess I'm not playing WoWs anymore.  Playing without mods for an amateur like myself gimps my already average performance.  And if I can't use it from Steam...as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

wonder if this is the first patch actually coded by ppl outside of lesta... (or at least qc'd) modstation looks to have apparently been handed over to soemone else to deal with, and the UI issues..   in settings pages...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,657 posts
21 hours ago, Pliskenator said:

Quoted:

ModStation application updated to version 2.1.0.4 

  • remove support Steam client
  • change work links
  • fix in description

 

Seriously?  Well, I guess I'm not playing WoWs anymore.  Playing without mods for an amateur like myself gimps my already average performance.  And if I can't use it from Steam...as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist.

 

 

23 hours ago, Chubb_D said:

I'm on Steam and staying there:dance_turtle:

 

18 hours ago, SKurj said:

wonder if this is the first patch actually coded by ppl outside of lesta... (or at least qc'd) modstation looks to have apparently been handed over to soemone else to deal with, and the UI issues..   in settings pages...

Update: Although you need to manually reinstall the mods you had, ModStation support for Steam client is back online. Thank goodness.

Screenshot (391).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
5 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

 

 

Update: Although you need to manually reinstall the mods you had, ModStation support for Steam client is back online. Thank goodness.

 

yup yet another case of poor communication by wg, that statement saying steam support had been removed should never have been released.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×