You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Battle Pass: Play and Earn Rewards!

83 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
88 posts
32,020 battles

Is the cost for the BP premium upgrade a onetime requirement?

or

Do you have to pay for the BP upgrade every update?

• Thanks 1

Members
38 posts

This is the same thing Game of thrones has had going for a couple of years. It's just a money grab to be honest (in my opinion), 

5 minutes ago, Banika said:

In the game of thrones one you have to repurchase the pass every time it resets.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[OGF]
Members
1,275 posts
43,315 battles

The last few times I've fallen for WG's bait on something that seemed to sound good, I got bit in the stern by deliberately vague and misleading wording.  So to be clear, when the Premium BP says "additional rewards," that means the Premium rewards are in addition to the Free Pass rewards and we get both, correct?  Cumulative. Otherwise the Premium rewards on their own do not justify the cost.  In other words, Battle Pass = Hard Pass.  o7

• Cool 3

[OGF]
Members
1,275 posts
43,315 battles
19 minutes ago, Banika said:

or

Good question.  This occurred to me as well.  Again, famous WG vagueness.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts
1 hour ago, Banika said:

or

41 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

Good question.  This occurred to me as well.  Again, famous WG vagueness.

Yep.  Like $25 every update for the big one.  Way too expensive WG!  I'm going to pass on that.

[SPU]
Members
52 posts
5,690 battles
38 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

Yep.  Like $25 every update for the big one.  Way too expensive WG!  I'm going to pass on that.

The premium is only $10 ,but the premium + seasonal bonuses is closer to $25 so there are two different paid tiers of battle passes.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles

so this is the new version of daily task/missions?

I was unaware of forthcoming changes.

[MR-1]
Members
3,032 posts
31,980 battles

Just like the next dockyard I’m not going to rush out to do this  battle pass . It’s just daily/ weekly/ monthly missions with a different name 

plenty of other missions and battles I can be getting on . With

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[GPORT]
Members
351 posts
20,594 battles

Not sure how I'm liking this so far....will give it a chance.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,228 posts
29,155 battles

Yep, $10 paid every update, get both BP and regular rewards, and only worth it to get a VII Japanese Cruiser and additional rewards for 2500 doubloons this update. But only do it if you can finish it all!

[WOLFG]
Members
1,248 posts
21,663 battles

Honestly don't see how people think 2,500 doubloons ($10 US) for all these following additional premium rewards isn't worth it, lol:

360278840_PremiumBattlePass.thumb.jpg.0663489679c2e7f03ba2038585ac27ee.jpg

You don't have to buy the resource bonuses to get the rewards. And there really isn't a grind if you're already doing the daily missions and completing them every day anyway. The missions actually did get a little simpler. You don't need to win battles to complete the 1,000 Base XP mission any longer. Same with the weekly missions you'd be doing anyway if you're doing the daily.

Plus, you automatically get 7,500 coal and 5,000,000 credits from just buying the Premium Battle Pass. Don't have to unlock anything for it, it just gets added once the transaction is complete.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 3

[OCB]
Members
18 posts
19,591 battles

Just another money grab, I am sad to say. Done math for me this morning and I have to say no thank you. While doing the math I found that it is cheaper to purchase the bundle of doubloons rather than buy any amount of doubloons I am not ready to pay for this, premium account and any economic bonuses that I might need.

• Thanks 2

[_TSA_]
[_TSA_]
Members
12 posts
25,468 battles

I find that you now want me to give you $30.00 every month to get rewards when I play the game while I am already paying for a premium account sadly I have already paid for over a year and a half of that. i suggest you put your BP in the appropriate slot we all know where that is right. have no intention of giving you another $360.00 per year and am revolted by your greed you are making the game unplayable for the average person as he is always at a disadvantage as now more than ever we  throw money at  it if we want to claim rewards but it's not pay to win.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
88 posts
32,020 battles

How much of what WG says or doesn't say, do you believe? (Play for free, no subs, play balance that nerfs everything good on the ships you've paid money for....)

Giving them money is a poor investment for a virtual product they can change or make disappear at their whim.

image.thumb.png.8162bd0ba4df4d1dff29baaec764ed89.png

image.thumb.png.66e247e92397d0e99af91ed56e09bc6b.png

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SHELL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7 posts
4,304 battles

For daily missions (and other similar progressively-increasing-requirement missions), there should be rollover progress. Say you have 399/400 XP and you play a battle where you earn 500 XP, 499 XP should carry over to the next mission in sequence.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,832 posts
30,514 battles
2 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Honestly don't see how people think 2,500 doubloons ($10 US) for all these following additional premium rewards isn't worth it, lol:

You don't have to buy the resource bonuses to get the rewards. And there really isn't a grind if you're already doing the daily missions and completing them every day anyway. The missions actually did get a little simpler. You don't need to win battles to complete the 1,000 Base XP mission any longer. Same with the weekly missions you'd be doing anyway if you're doing the daily.

Plus, you automatically get 7,500 coal and 5,000,000 credits from just buying the Premium Battle Pass. Don't have to unlock anything for it, it just gets added once the transaction is complete.

That is correct. If you are completing at least the first 4 daily reward missions then it is a good deal. If you play less than that, it isn't a bargain as you have to play more to maintain the same earnings as you got prior to Battle Pass. 

[JEDI-]
Members
41 posts
33,697 battles

all I need confirm is so called "Additional rewards" for Premium BP, is the list what we will exactly get, or is it in addition to free BP.

• Thanks 1

[WPP]
[WPP]
Members
74 posts
8,837 battles
5 hours ago, sarfa said:

More stupidity that "silent majority" aka NOBODY asked for. 

One does wonder what the silent majority actually wants, if they are as silent WG makes them out to be. 

[WPP]
[WPP]
Members
74 posts
8,837 battles
5 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I don't disagree, unless like me, a person is a casual player that probably won't get the full value. There are weeks that I play for 8 -10 hours and others where I don't play at all. If it was 1000 - 1500 dubs, I'd probably be in but at 2500, I don't, as many other seem to be stating, feel that I'd get value for money. I'd happily pay AUS$60 for a years worth of battle passes but not $120. So, WG misses out on my money all together.

On an aside, very sad news in Itaewon. I hope no one you know was involved. I lived in Korea for 11 years and know the area quite well.