You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Original_Sean

Research Points explanation

6 comments in this topic

[DS7]
Members
72 posts
16,335 battles

I'll freely admit I should have paid some attention when they got started, but my highest tech trees were only tier 7 at the time; it seemed remotely distant. But now I have two lines maxed and a few others near and am not finding much out here actually explaining the reset. I understand we lose the ships on the tree we have kept, and start the line over. How many research points are earned while grinding out the line again? Do we earn more creds at all?

[KCWY1]
Members
305 posts
11,352 battles

Take some time and watch this video, it'll give you the answers to any questions you may have.

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles
10 minutes ago, Original_Sean said:

How many research points are earned while grinding out the line again? Do we earn more creds at all?

I believe you get 10,000 research points for a line reset. Your ships get sold at half the value for credits as do the advanced modules. You get double bonus for your first reset quarterly. Which means that if you reset a line today and FXP through it you can reset again tomorrow and get 40,000 research points when you get to the tier 10 of your line. In other words today is the last day of the quarter and tomorrow starts a new one. You would have to be able to FXP through the the line tonight which I think takes around 1,000,000 FXP to do.

Click details at the bottom of the tech tree page for,

image.thumb.png.bb9c1dbfc2fe5290e5339afe90253425.png

Details.

image.thumb.png.a87a5819b882371716acc9cf38625387.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLFC]
Members
6,097 posts
17,227 battles
13 minutes ago, Original_Sean said:

How many research points are earned while grinding out the line again?

2898FC2B-69EE-4F98-A999-C1A61F2FA660.thumb.jpeg.b4cade1d64d9abc5399ec2a8d086aa7e.jpeg
There are also four “double resets” offered every year, at ~three month intervals. The first reset during each of these periods earns double RP. For example, there is currently less than two days remaining on the current period. I reset another line recently, so I’ve already used my current bonus, but come server reset Thursday I will be able to reset another line for >20k RP. Every reset after that will only be worth the normal amount of RP. In ~three months time I will be able to reset another line for double points.

I typically only reset one line every three months, thus maximizing the RP earned for my time/credits/FXP.

13 minutes ago, Original_Sean said:

Do we earn more creds at all?

All the ships in the line are sold (for half their value), so there is an infusion of credits when you reset the line. However, you need to purchase the ships to collect the RP off of them, so ignoring the credits gained while re-grinding said ships (if you don’t just use FXP) it is a net credit sink (working as intended).

Edited by Nevermore135

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
11 minutes ago, Original_Sean said:

I'll freely admit I should have paid some attention when they got started, but my highest tech trees were only tier 7 at the time; it seemed remotely distant. But now I have two lines maxed and a few others near and am not finding much out here actually explaining the reset. I understand we lose the ships on the tree we have kept, and start the line over. How many research points are earned while grinding out the line again? Do we earn more creds at all?

We spent a lot of time and effort explaining all this.  Please read https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

• Cool 1