You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Citadel_Princess

SuperShips actual purpose?

56 comments in this topic

[ARMAS]
Members
145 posts
5,043 battles

Unfunny, Braindead, Poor Execution.

Why in the gods name Weegle decided to implement those awful and horrid executed designs in game?

Only thing i see why these things were maded is to increase the ego of the players while farming damage, PR and winrate with no actual counter play

But even being absolute braindead some people still manages to end bottom tier XP, LOL!

image.png.33ec91680aee7109aa8d799d9cdfcb2d.png

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts

Yep it's called "dump half a million credits to take out a ship that maybe will bring you minimum profit for maximum operational costs."

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,716 posts
26,569 battles
40 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:

Credit sink for people with millions of credits 

^

[TDRB]
Members
7,353 posts
16,186 battles
38 minutes ago, Citadel_Princess said:

Why in the gods name Weegle decided to implement those awful and horrid executed designs in game?

I think superships is one of those "it looks good on paper" moves. As more & more players acquire them this problem will grow.

Members
548 posts
10,668 battles
1 hour ago, Copperhead550 said:

Nope i actually like my pile of credits more, i'm gonna fill up a swimming pool with my credits and dive in like Scrooge McDuck

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,934 posts
6,122 battles
1 minute ago, Acme1970 said:

Nope i actually like my pile of credits more, i'm gonna fill up a swimming pool with my credits and dive in like Scrooge McDuck

You'll fill a pool with credits, dive into it like Scrooge McDuck, yet slam into the solid barrier like Peter Griffin!

• Funny 2

[WPORT]
Members
20,677 posts
22,621 battles
1 hour ago, Citadel_Princess said:

Only thing i see why these things were maded is to increase the ego of the players while farming damage, PR and winrate with no actual counter play

But even being absolute braindead some people still manages to end bottom tier XP, LOL!

I like sailing the Conde', on the Public Test Server.

1 hour ago, Copperhead550 said:

This.  ^^^^^
Which is why I'm currently limiting my supership activity to the PTS.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
20,677 posts
22,621 battles
21 minutes ago, Acme1970 said:

20 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You'll fill a pool with credits, dive into it like Scrooge McDuck, yet slam into the solid barrier like Peter Griffin!

Can we see that replay?  :-)

• Haha 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,934 posts
6,122 battles
17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Can we see that replay?  :-)

Wish I could provide it for you, but I don't have a cell phone, so couldn't record it.

I could share video of Peter Griffin diving into a pool of coins, but Family Guy could potentially violate Forum Rules, and so would rather not risk it.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
2 hours ago, Citadel_Princess said:

You know the answer, why do you ask?

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
1,519 posts
5 minutes ago, Fighter835 said:

The Devs have said this many times, they're designed as a credit sink since Tier 10's don't do that anymore. 

I did, early on, swimming in credits, said what the heck and got the Yamagiri.  I don't remember having seen a supership live in the game before that.

As soon as I started my 1st random game people started up in chat and I was embarrassed.  I didn't realize the disdain and I had a target on me like crazy. lol.   I played exactly 3 games and it's been collecting dust ever since.

Now, it's becoming routine.  Had eight, including USA CVs in last few games in my Gearing.  Can't stand it!  Why not just make a T11 or whatever.

So, what now?  What's the prevailing philosophy now?  Do you keep your stupid and powerful supership benched on principle, or do you just say so many other's are playing it why not me?

yamagiri+.png

[USN-W]
[USN-W]
Members
488 posts
13,153 battles

I love the superships, great for farming dmg on, you get extra credits, especially in a T9 ship, they are always a priority target when I can hit them.  That and the BB's have to be the biggest targets out there, the CA dont seem all that great and the DD I have encountered are not much either.

[WPORT]
Members
20,677 posts
22,621 battles
21 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Wish I could provide it for you, but I don't have a cell phone, so couldn't record it.

I could share video of Peter Griffin diving into a pool of coins, but Family Guy could potentially violate Forum Rules, and so would rather not risk it.

That's okay, I was just being humorous anyways.  :-)

[REVY]
Members
9,648 posts
7,316 battles

money-rain-money.gif

[NWNG]
Members
3,934 posts
6,122 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That's okay, I was just being humorous anyways.  :-)

And I was playing along by proclaiming a lack of Cellphone being on me, thus lacking a video recording device...:Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
16,427 posts
10,183 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

So, what now?  What's the prevailing philosophy now?  Do you keep your stupid and powerful supership benched on principle, or do you just say so many other's are playing it why not me?

Why not?... your scruples are commendable but achieve nothing in the big scheme of things. Play and let die. 

• Meh 1

Beta Testers
1,519 posts
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Why not?... your scruples are commendable but achieve nothing in the big scheme of things. Play and let die. 

Haha, how did I not see that coming @Arlskandir   I've got enough to buy another! :Smile_veryhappy:

Maybe some day.  I'm just not that thrilled about paying it tbh.

Edited by Capt_of_Satisfaction
  • Cool 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,789 posts
20,727 battles

I played them quite a bit in 'Grand Battles'.

I actually used the Satsuma, Shikishima, and Yamato to re-level Yamamoto to 21 after the Captain Lvl change.

Yes, they can be a pain to face when T9 and even 10, but the XP/credit boost you get for doing alot of damage to the things..............Let's face it, they are there to be farmed.