Konception

DevBlog 387 - New Year celebration, Dockyard, Brawl, and other features — 0.11.11 Closed testing

29 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,704 battles

so, as i thought, the good old same stuff, Coal, steel and basically Santa Containers for playing ships, an event thatll give some perma camoes and Ye Olde Dockyard, good stuff to look forward to honestly

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,818 battles

7k dubs for Schroeder, likely 6 with starter pack. Bout what I was expecting.

RP for superships? They really want us playing them don't you?

vu9mLErwv6berubIOuWsesDZGrX4pr4EuAR1dka0.jpg

I love Art Department

Are Halland and Conkek's perma camos also coming with a T10 Booster? If not that kind of sucks. Could be worse looking camos though.

What WG says: container drops T5-8 boosters and perma camos.
 What it actually is: 10% chance to get those and a 90% chance of level 1 eco boosters

Bounty Event, but CVs and subs can't be. Wonder why? Cause everyone and their mother would find and sink them

New Player Tutorials: Finally. Now give this to the 30k battle 35% WR idiots that always end up on my team while you're at it.

Imagine pulling a 1.5% ship drop for a supercontainer or Santa crate and you get Odin or Hizen. Least Odin won't be complete dog now that T8s can compete in ops.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles

Dockyard

Nice, I guess? I mean, it's a Christmas dockyard, we knew it was coming. Schroder's camo is actually pretty nice, especially compared to some of the over the top ones we got for previous dockyards (which I like partly because they're so loud and assertive). 250 steel for extra stages is always good.

Carol Clash

Enjoyed them the last two years, and I'll probably enjoy this one as well. On the one hand, I like the look of the camo (although of course no included bonus packages anymore :Smile_sad:). On the other hand, I did like the free ships/port slots from previous events (even though this is the first time I probably wouldn't get a ship benefit from it, since I have all the t5 tech tree ships). 

Containers with permanent eco bonuses are nice as well, although I doubt the bonuses themselves will have high drop rates. Depending on how many camos are included, they might not be as worth the investment. We'll just have to see I guess.

Festive rewards

Is there anyone that doesn't like the snowflakes? I like that they kept the increased coal rewards for t5/6 from last year, and the certificate exchange as well. Even better, they're keeping the bonus rewards system from the anniversary. I do wish we had more than a single patch to clear all the flakes though. I did it during the anniversary event, but I also had more play time then I probably will during 11.11. 

Superships - 500 research points

Yep, there's the "better" supership reward I was expecting. 

New port/crates

Redecorated port looks nice as always, although like most other events I'll probably look at it a couple times and then just go back to my normal black hole or ocean.

I like the new crates as well, but not necessarily as the gift crates. Love the design and feel of them, but a little house doesn't really scream "Christmas gift container" to me.

Brawls

1v1 brawls are back, nice. And divisions for the larger ones, assuming the division matchmaking bugs from the last few have finally been ironed out.

1v1 carrier brawls? Ah yes, so brawly...

Bounty changes

Yay, more bounty events! I look forward to participating in them again, although I don't know if I'll have the time to do one in 11.11 with everything else that's already going on in game.

Better target identification is nice, both for other players and the bounties themselves. The mission could be interesting as well, depending on what it is.

Container additions

As expected, a lot of the new ships have been added, no surprises there. Gremy and the Kami clones are back, but no more Nikolai now.

Not necessarily sure how I feel about dockyard ships going into the crates though. On the one hand, now players will have a chance of getting them even if they weren't playing during the relevant event. However, that could also set a precedent of them only coming back in crates (or maybe auctions as well). Meaning effectively crazy high price tags if you actually manage to get one, and little chance of them coming back for "normal" acquisition.

That's one of the things I actually liked about the PR Dockyard Round 2 -- players that skipped the original could have a second chance to get it, and players that already had the ship got the option to "trade" it for another ship of the same tier. I'd love to see that brought back again for other older dockyard ships, and they can even keep the same compensation system depending on the tier. T9s could exchange for the price of a t9 coal/steel/rb ship (although probably just the regular 228k coal ships not the more expensive 296k steel legends), t8s could either just be the doubloon "value" of the dockyard ship or the price of the most expensive t8 doubloon ship like it was for PR.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,670 battles

Subs in Santa Gifts? If we don't open them can we get at least 1,500 credits for each one, maybe?

Edited by Khafni

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles
14 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

RP for superships? They really want us playing them don't you?

If folks aren’t playing super ships, then my response is one I gave on Reddit to a similar comment;

Imagine my thumb and forefinger rubbing together…

“This is the world’s smallest violin, playing ‘My Heart Bleeds for WG.’”

7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Subs in Santa Gifts? If we don't open them can we get at least 1,500 credits for each one, maybe?

I missed that, which subs? I-56 and S-189?

• Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,670 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I missed that, which subs? I-56 and S-189?

Yep, in the Tier VIII-IX Ship column.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.79d65b8cbac4d0c75b83e008922be0c9.png

They have also been added to the SC ship list.

Edited by Khafni

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles

Sorry but getting fed up with these long drawn out dockyard events . I want to be given the choice to opt-out . I don’t want to do any more dockyards or see there missions 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

I'm curious about the rationale behind this change...

Map Changes

At the beginning of a battle, the distribution of ships on the flanks and in the center of the map will become more even between teams. Submarines will spawn closer to the opposite side of the map and more often on the flanks.

Why are Submarines spawned more often at the flanks?  

[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
238 posts
21,376 battles
2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Sorry but getting fed up with these long drawn out dockyard events . I want to be given the choice to opt-out . I don’t want to do any more dockyards or see there missions 

So don't look at the dock yard mission tab?

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles
4 minutes ago, echelon5 said:

So don't look at the dock yard mission tab?

id rather not have them there in the first place

theres going to be more than enough going on in the game  

also no supercontainer for the T10's and superships this time round  now its tokens to spend for them 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
58 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

id rather not have them there in the first place

theres going to be more than enough going on in the game  

also no supercontainer for the T10's and superships this time round  now its tokens to spend for them 

Super containers are for the anniversary, not Xmas. Amazing how many people still mix that up. 

Most people like the dockyard. I don't know how you'd not like getting free stuff just for playing the game. 

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles
23 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Super containers are for the anniversary, not Xmas. Amazing how many people still mix that up. 

Most people like the dockyard. I don't know how you'd not like getting free stuff just for playing the game. 

depends on how long you have been playing for . usually we knock of snowflakes at christmas with T10 being a super container or santa mega crate to be percise  the past few years 

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles
25 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

dockyard keeps getting bigger and longer . used to be only 21 stages  then they started increasing the length .  it gets boring after a few weeks . im not desperate for free stuff  i have enough in port 

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles
33 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Going to be a lucrative Xmas event for me. 12000 steel. I have enough tier 10s to get 12 mega gifts. 

5 new year certs for 1 mega gifts   to be exact  

• Santa's Gift container - 1 New Year certificate;
  • Santa’s Big Gift container - 3 New Year certificates;
  • Santa's Mega Gift container - 5 New Year certificates. 

i have 51 T10's so you must have 9 more than me then   5X12=60 for 12 mega gifts 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles

Still saying camos are good gifts.  And with a "team" event.

If you have a supership, but don't have 5 lines to tier 10, can you still get research points?

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
9 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

New Player Tutorials: Finally. Now give this to the 30k battle 35% WR idiots that always end up on my team while you're at it.

Most likely they are bots.

9 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

As expected, a lot of the new ships have been added, no surprises there. Gremy and the Kami clones are back, but no more Nikolai now.

If I remember it correctly, WG said last year that Gremy, Kami, Gulio, Nikolai, and Fujin will no longer be included in 2022 Santa Crates.

They even packaged it as "don't miss your last chance to get these rare Premium ships!"

😆😂🤣

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,145 battles
8 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I'm curious about the rationale behind this change...

Map Changes

At the beginning of a battle, the distribution of ships on the flanks and in the center of the map will become more even between teams. Submarines will spawn closer to the opposite side of the map and more often on the flanks.

Why are Submarines spawned more often at the flanks?  

Especially when they now have the speed of almost 40kts to get wherever they want to go in an awful hurry.

As for the event as a whole, it looks like pretty much a copy paste from last year.....not a whole lot of new originality here.  Halloween event was the same......put a little lipstick on the pig and call it a day.  I'm very underwhelmed by the lack of originality with these events lately.

• Cool 2

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles
6 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you have a supership, but don't have 5 lines to tier 10, can you still get research points?

Yes, but you won't unlock the RB until you unlock those five lines. Any points you earn will just be stockpiled until you unlock it.

6 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

depends on how long you have been playing for . usually we knock of snowflakes at christmas with T10 being a super container or santa mega crate to be percise  the past few years 

No, General_Lee_Miserable was correct. Christmas has never had supercontainers, that's always been an anniversary thing. The first Christmas event was coal for t2-7 premium ships/t5-8 tech tree ships, and steel for t8-10 premiums/9-10 tech tree (with premiums earning more of the respective resource than the tech tree). The next year the rewards were standardized -- varying amounts of coal for t5-7 tech tree and premium ships, fixed steel amounts for t8 and 9, and a base tier santa crate for t10. That's been the system until last year's event, where the coal was fixed (750 for t5-7 rather than 400-750 depending on the tier) and the t10s gave certificates that could be exchanged for all three types of santa crates rather than just the base one. And then this year they're adding the bonus gifts system they first introduced with the anniversary flakes in September.

In the past, when the santa crates had a short list, you'd get a ship SC as compensation if you rolled a short list ship you already had. But you never directly received a SC for Christmas flakes.

• Cool 2

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles
1 hour ago, Hukom said:

If I remember it correctly, WG said last year that Gremy, Kami, Gulio, Nikolai, and Fujin will no longer be included in 2022 Santa Crates.

They even packaged it as "don't miss your last chance to get these rare Premium ships!"

😆😂🤣

But it was the last chance to get them.

The last chance to get them last year.

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts
10 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

5 new year certs for 1 mega gifts   to be exact  

• Santa's Gift container - 1 New Year certificate;
  • Santa’s Big Gift container - 3 New Year certificates;
  • Santa's Mega Gift container - 5 New Year certificates. 

i have 51 T10's so you must have 9 more than me then   5X12=60 for 12 mega gifts 

62 and hoping to squeeze out another 3 for a 13th mega gift. 

• Cool 1