Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burakkuauto

And now for something completely random 69

2 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I've ridden about 40,000 miles on motorcycles. You can't beat a motorcycle for a ride along a nice curvy road in the fall when things aren't too hot or too cold and the scenery is at its prettiest.

However, they are extremely dangerous. Motorcycles comprise only 3% of registered vehicles and only 0.6% of all vehicle miles traveled in the United States but account for 14% of all traffic fatalities -- National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration data.

When I was a paramedic, I rarely saw a highway motorcycle crash that didn't result in serious injury or death. Yet I still rode motorcycles. Ain't never going to happen to me, right? My Great Uncle survived fighting in WWII, after which he bought an Indian and rode and professionally raced motorcycles for 50 years. He was about as expert of a motorcycle rider as a person could be. Then, an unobservant teenage girl ran him off the road and put him into a wheelchair for the last few years of his life. That's when I decided to pack it up where motorcycles were concerned.

It's always interesting seeing how things began though.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this