Guardian54

Tier IX British Battlecruiser Duncan

5 comments in this topic

[70]
Members
1,425 posts
11,839 battles

1. 25mm bow/stern plating gets loled through by any BB AP you meet that's not Lyon or Strasbourg.

2. Fast in a straight line, and has a speed boost, but agility is not great.

3. Lacks vision consumables but has New Ship Button repair party.

4. Has 1 torpedo per side of bow which can be used to reduce the chances of being bumrushed or to warn enemies off corners.

5. Reasonably serviceable guns, but the reload is a bit long considering point 1.

OVERALL: Usable, 4/10.

By no means as flaming garbage as Sejong (1/10) or Brest (2/10), comparable with (for my more recent grinds) FDG and Prinz Rupprecht in perceived durability. Much better gun angles than FDG (those ridiculous superstructure curves that block turret Dora's forward angles...) but the plating lets it down.

Suggested Equipment:

1. Main Armament

2. Either damcon or speed boost.

3. Aiming Systems Mod

4. Rudder

5. Camo

6. RANGE (This is the crucial one)

Edited by Guardian54
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles
2 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

1. 25mm bow/stern plating gets loled through by any BB AP you meet that's not Lyon or Strasbourg.

4. Has 1 torpedo per side of bow which can be used to reduce the chances of being bumrushed or to warn enemies off corners.

5. Reasonably serviceable guns, but the reload is a bit long considering point 1.

By no means as flaming garbage as Sejong (1/10) or Brest (2/10), comparable with (for my more recent grinds) FDG and Prinz Rupprecht in perceived durability. Much better gun angles than FDG (those ridiculous superstructure curves that block turret Dora's forward angles...) but the plating lets it down.

A lot of statements here, but what is the point?

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
4 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Brest is a fun bote...

Duncan is a beast at Tier 9, but in SS meta weak.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
893 posts
1,628 battles

I have really enjoyed all the ships in the British battlecruiser line so far. I am at tier 8 with the Hawke and it is probably my least favorite so far but that is just because there are so many ship in the higher tiers that have large caliber Ap and then cruisers that can burn the  world down in a matter of seconds. But I think in skilled hands these ships are great.

• Cool 1

[70]
Members
1,425 posts
11,839 battles
18 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

A lot of statements here, but what is the point?

There is no thread named for this ship yet that I could see on the British BB sub-forum so I made one and had to fill it up with something.