You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

It was at this point that Ensign Cthulhu decided...

36 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles

image.thumb.png.712315b8ed16a1d7c7b8335ed2c4c796.png 

...that the Hipper should finish earning its own damn tentacle skin.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,585 posts
16,516 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh come on, you gotta be joking:

image.png.1d0314152bae8288db493aa2238cb321.png

:fish_panic:

Your Hipper is scared to wear a Halloween costume :p

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles
3 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Ehh, he got over it.

image.thumb.png.6f525781384cba7c763eb510e83511f4.png 

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,969 posts
5,224 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's better!

It is ??  FUU GLY.

• Thanks 3

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,131 battles

That's better!

image.thumb.png.c99461a967b9bdeada0e8cb1b148ff17.png

Oh, is that what is looks like?  Yeah, considering I already have the standard permacamo, I'm out.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just bump the table, the ball might go in.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 2

[WOLFX]
Members
807 posts
1,713 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Oh, is that what is looks like?

Meh.

Looks like a red paint job with some squiggly lines over it.

Not much creative work in that one.

[TDRB]
Members
7,351 posts
16,186 battles
5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

I think "embarrassed" :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

Must admit the KotS event doesn't interest me and I guess that rolled over to my interest in the camo. On top of that I just didn't play enough to earn her - and it surprised me a bit that it didn't really bother me!

I think WG have got to the stage of kicking out so many ships and demanding so much of my time to keep up that they lost me a long long while ago. I play for my enjoyment only and lost the loyalty I had for this game when I first started playing.

Although congrats where someone has achieved their objective and I don't think the camo looks that bad(would have been happy enough had I earnt her), so well done @Ensign_Cthulhu!

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Just bump the table, the ball might go in.

TILT!

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles
7 hours ago, cammaj said:

Meh.

Looks like a red paint job with some squiggly lines over it.

Not much creative work in that one.

The tentacles took some effort, but I agree it's not as good as the NC one. 

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles

TILT!

You do realize about 2/3's of those whom read the forum had to look up what "Tilt" refers to right....????  I wonder how many readers of the forum actually have played a pinball machine? 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles
24 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You do realize about 2/3's of those whom read the forum had to look up what "Tilt" refers to right....????  I wonder how many readers of the forum actually have played a pinball machine? 

Yeah, I know. A bit of education as to old-time thingies will be good for them. (I actually thought he was referring to target zones in Pinball; I realized in retrospect it was probably billiards.)

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,585 posts
16,516 battles
36 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, I know. A bit of education as to old-time thingies will be good for them. (I actually thought he was referring to target zones in Pinball; I realized in retrospect it was probably billiards.)

Too fun not to share <3

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles
4 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Too fun not to share <3

My kids are still just at an age where they listen to KidzBop on satellite radio & CD. One of their current sat radio playlist songs is a cover of Put Your Records On.

The only reason my kids even know what that means, is because I kept my old record collection and I have a turntable for it.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,248 posts
21,705 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh come on, you gotta be joking:

It's especially annoying when that happens when you're trying to clear bars in Naval Battles, lol.

• Cool 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
30 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Too fun not to share <3

Yeah, that's why I study the history of videogames !!!   Students in the Development program often "just assume" technology is static.....  I show them actual video's of some of the MILSIMs from the late 70 and early 80's to reinforce the thought that "change is dynamic" and yet, comes from somewhere and is based on something else.....  History is the true test of change.  That's what Systems Theory is all about......how old and new and what is to yet be discovered are all part of the same playground.....

And, there are all sorts of really funny stories of where tankers "tied Walkman's, 8-Tracks and cassette players" into the intercom system of their tanks to avoid boredom.....only to find out someone had a "hot mic" on their CVC's and they were broadcasting Panzerlied on the range control frequency at Graf......in the early 80's or so.....ooops.!  :Smile_facepalm:  Now, only those whom served in Germany will "get" what that means......  Same thing happened all of the time at the NTC as well....  You'd hear laughter coming from the OPFOR before they attacked...!!!  "Great song list.....in the AAR...":cap_haloween:

[WPORT]
Members
20,653 posts
22,604 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Can This Teenager Use a Rotary Phone?
Nov 4, 2019

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Can This Teenager Use a Rotary Phone?
Nov 4, 2019

Yeah....  Hard to believe !

Many of us teach interested history students how to build and shoot "Flintlock Rifles".....as an excursion from their University History and Engineering classes....  We even have Fur Trade era, Indian Wars and Buffalo Hunting visit days for students.  Just to expose them to what and how those era's actually worked at the individual level....  My avatar picture is from a professionally produced video on what "Buffalo hunting" was at the end of the Fur Trade era....  Just, to have some visual record of what actually transpired and seeing the clothing, weapons and survival items used....   Movies rarely "get it right...."    It's hilarious when you give a group of students a Buffalo robe to try out on a cold morning.... 

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles
3 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Yeah, that's why I study the history of videogames !!! 

I was born in 1971 so my generation was just old enough to be in at the birth (albeit courtesy of our parents' pockets rather than our own). A significant proportion of the video games I played in arcades as a kid were electromechanical; the true electronic era as I saw it didn't really kick off until Space Invaders came along, and after that the pace of change was enormous.

Then came the point at which affordable home platforms (including PC/Mac) were combined with unobtrusive high-quality monitors and peripherals (joysticks, wheels, foot pedals) to match or exceed what the arcade cabinets could do; and with that, the golden age was over.